Waste of time

It already makes you vulnerable enough as it is, you can trace it back and see where it’s coming from, people can sneak up on you when you’re piloting them, or just throw grenades at you which literally happened to me a minute ago. The discs are fine, just let them be shot down with 2 or 3 shots from shotguns. And you have to build an entire set around the disc to enable it to one shot.

1 Like

Haven’t effectively used Stalker, haven’t used fervent at all yet so I can’t say.

They do look like the deadly and duelist specs for FT

I know lol… but people like us who can trace it easily with sound and trail… that is very small amount lol… i can still easily juke the disc and trace it back to the origin…

but im talking about entire player base which can’t and they get one shot

I’m on console so there’s that lol. I’ve seen good console guys with it though

Then you have the field medic which picks them back up instantly lol.

I also agree the discs should be easily destroyable too btw…

But i would also like that they take out a lot of energy with each use

I mean who’s fault is that… not mine i voted for field medic to be “nerfed” but devs didnt do shit… and now u have people voting for smart disc to be nerfed XD

Yeah and I agree…and while it does lend to balance, I’m looking at it as now, with the mechanics as they are. Not how I’d like them ya know

2 Likes

I see your points but disc is fine, it’s literally the only thing keeping me playing as a Predator lol.

2 Likes

XD i agree… but yeah… listen my take here is to not take away the one shot from it… i think you should be able to one shot people with a correct build

its a hot take but it makes sense…

im not here to nerf it im here to like idk i would say balance it in a way it has a negative chance of u fucking up…

I’d say 10% energy of total bar for each throw, not 50% cause you could have full energy then just lose half from the first throw alone.

Yeah that’s the point to prevent smart disc spam… and to prevent one shot for 3 fireteam’s in like less than 20 seconds XD

And trust me… devs wont take this lightly at all that u can do that and one shot 3 people

technically if ur good with it u can take down entire time… with just 2

and trust me i dont mind it… i wanna bring carnage

Cad did you play with rey?
He was saying he kept running over preds,
And when I played it was the same thing.

So uh…
That being the case.
How the hell does anyone think its balanced?

Ppl really do want a weak pred.
Lol

go play fortnite bro. i agree with 2 instead of 3 but takeaway energy from a pred that is versing op ft ?? we get spotted as it is with a good pc team and to remove our energy and allow us to be exposed easier ?

1 Like

So…I’m basing my opinion on what I saw. I played more fireteam than I actually planned or wanted to over the weekend. Mostly teamed up with and a minimum of 2. The preds that lost were honestly just making too many mistakes. I’ve been saying for a while now that everyone complaining how bad randoms are in the game forgets that every shitty random FT member is usually an equally shitty Pred.
The pred matches I have played and lost were also mostly my fault. I played @moralez yesterday and lost because I took forever to find the team, and didn’t pressure enough.

So yeah right now, I think we need some minor tweaks here and there, but we’re definitely closer to balance than we have been and that will become more clear as the playerbase develops and catches up to the original players.

2 Likes

What tweaks would you make

Well, I still feel a 5% - 10% reduction in FT damage is in order. I’m all for punishing mistakes but pred does just melt a little too fast than I think is fair.

Reduce range of plasma splash damage on uncharged shots. Think it’s just too big now.

Aim/turn assist for console.

Free movement in leaps so that you can change direction better and get more mobility. This would be huge to help avoid getting run down and for those times where you’re mid leap and suddenly that landing spot isn’t as good as it was when you started leaping.

Collision avoidance/forgiveness, at least a little. Tired of going strait up because of a pebble and it’s really dumb.

More ranged weapons and a few weapons/gear items meant to separate the FT.

Just off the top of my head. I consider these tweaks lol

Edit: Also a knockdown/push off mechanic for pred. No more body blocking 8 ft aliens in tiny spaces for cheap laughs. Despite how many I’ve had from it, it’s sad

1 Like

They will hard nerf the smart disc as they did for plasma caster, if the community does not agree on something that will keep the damage.

But take away the energy.

I think that match we played yesterday is a great example of how good balance the game has right now.
You didn’t lose. It was a tie at the most.
U didn’t realize but you played against a premade PS team who’s been playing together for the last 2 months or so. We are not the best, but we are pretty good. And you were pretty good also, you were able to make us commit several mistakes and stay away from the mission and from each other.
Said that, knowing that us and you are not the very best FT/Pred in this game, but clearly above average and none of us can claim a win, i say that the balance in this game is pretty good.

1 Like

I find the call for pred nerfs baffling. Nerf disk. Nerf analytic. Nerf fervent. Nerf caster. Jesus fucking Christ. That’s the story of this game since beta.