VPN experience

I couldn’t really find a solid topic on this but found a lot of funny history along the way. Does this really work? Can I easily play in other countries like that? My ping is super high sometimes and we all know that makes the smart disc unusable. Plasma caster does a delay thing and you end up being shot or blasting yourself in the process…

1 Like

It’s a scam

Used to promote YouTube and Netflix

Using VPN makes it even worse, since your data (uploaded and downloaded) are redirected, at least through 1 different server.
The best you can do is forward the ports on your router, connect your system with a good ethernet cord, and of course, gitting gud is mandatory.

2 Likes

This"surfshark" $3 a month… tempting lol

1 Like

Like moralez said, VPN will just make your ping go even higher. So instead of connecting directly to a server in another country, you will connect to the VPN server and from there to whatever country server the game is going to be hosted. So is game server ping plus vpn ping

1 Like

Ok im moving to Spain or maybe Russia.
Sucks dude cause you cant get a fair match. I feel restricted. On lockdown.

what is your region?

U.S.A

1 Like

Usa is where the biggest playerbase is for this game , the last time I checked anyway.

I think for best results with a vpn would be using a vpn router . I have tried a vpn as I am in the UK, I usually ended up with higher ping due to you getting bounced off servers

1 Like

I also think it’s a way to keep track of people doing sketchy stuff on the internet

I have one more for the ISPs have been caught collecting and passing data on . Sure , its what the vpn provider is doing eith the info that could be the problem 😁 uk Internet blocks alot of streaming and I know there is free ways of getting around it by simply using proxys , but I got it included with pc software

Surfshark is great for streaming, but no VPN is going to be good for gaming. If you’re having to force a connection to servers in another region it’s because your native connection speed is already too slow. Any VPN is only going to bottleneck that connection even further.

2 Likes

Of course, in some cases, the use of VPN is simply necessary.

1 Like

VPN is useful. At least in parts of the world like here where the “free” internet is heavily monitored and access to a lot of websites like Twitter is just cut off.