Final duel

Final duel:

Here it is not a real mode but if a commando is the last survivor in his team (in a safe place whitout AI) he can choose (or not) to face the predator in a duel (to provocate the Predator). In this case he will have to lay down his weapons and use only his knife. The predator will have two choices:

1. he accepts the duel and uses only his claws with a scene where he takes off his helmet and if he wins he doubles his xp.
  2. Predator refuses and kills the last commando who lays the weapons but the Predator has less xp.
1 Like

What About melee combat mechanics and difference between stats?

In regards to a final duel scenario I think it should go something like this

A few stipulations must be met

1. there must be 1 FT left with no remaining reinforcements

2. The Predator must have his mask off

3. there cannot be AI present when engaging in a duel

4. FT must have missed the chopper, either on purpose or organically

When all these stipulations are met and they come within a certain distance of each other, a cutscene is triggered and the duel begins

The duel itself would require brand new controls/gameplay

Players need to be able to attack, block, parry and dodge.

After one players HP is depleted, they fall to a knee in defeat where the winner delivers the killing blow

If the predator wins he gets a cut scene displaying his victory

After so many duel victories the predator gets a weapon, perk, gear item or cosmetic

If FT wins, an elder reveals himself and presents them with a gift

The gift is an in game item that is either a gear, perk, weapon or cosmetic

4 Likes

The idea is very good, the winner could have a loot box even if it is only representative, I think maybe that is not, but the idea of ​​an honorable duel has been asked so much that I think it will be taken into account later, it could be resolved with a simple rock paper scissors I don’t know if it is said like this in English

1 Like

I hope it would be more involved than rock, paper, scissors

Me too…

This ties greatly into my thread from awhile back about offering Predators the opportunity to remove their a Bio-Mask as an emote.

1 Like

A mythic… and we get slots to put them on FT.

Yes, I remember, very in favor of that mechanism

1 Like

I would love for ft to have trophies too

1 Like

I wouldnt want it as an emote rather when it becomes damaged you can choose to take it off to maintain stealth.

I agree, a cutscene in the way of the duel between Dutch and the Predator in the movie.

I know that last man standing is not the ultimate solution, but I think it is a huge step to see honorable duels in 1vs 1

1 Like

Really, cause it just makes me glow. Don’t get faster cause I run double time so really, at least for Scouts, this does nothing but put a target on our head.

Not mad at you Ruby but it’s not a buff.

Hey OKH, tell whoever I’d like to be able to turn it off, LMS’ing does nothing useful. It’s a Pred buff and should be called ‘ring the dinner bell’.
Thanks