Getting bored at 150

I got the game a week after launch and made it to lvl 150. Haven’t played in a few days because I’ve been playing Spiderman. I feel your pain for more substantial content though.

1 Like

I played a couple rounds a few days ago, but other than that I’ve pretty much just been watching from the forums

4 Likes

I don’t feel like this mostly because now I don’t play too often, when I have a break I just play some matches…atleast I used to, now I’m forced to take a REALLY long break.

1 Like

The game is still pretty fun to me. I don’t care about earning veritanium or xp, I just like the satisfaction of killing a team as the predator.

You could turn crossplay on to spice things up.

I feel like a ranked mode could make things more interesting for this game.

4 Likes

i got 150 in about 3 days man its been about a week now and im already kinda bored lack of maps so many bugs the ability to NOT report bugs even if u have them on video its like gms dont even give a damn.

1 Like

I reached 150 a week ago, and although I’m loving using the Elder, it seems stupid that the XP is capped.

I don’t care about the loot boxes anymore (I have one mythic trophy, and I can’t be bothered to sit through the box opening animations in the hope of getting another one).

The game desperately needs new maps and gameplay content. Yes, I’ll be happy when City Hunter, Wolf etc are released, but they’re not going to really stop people growing tired of playing the same 3 maps all the time.

2 Likes

Day one definitive/pre order player. 240 hours clocked roughly. I also wrote this rebalance post, and as such spent a lot of time playing both sides

I feel you man. I stopped playing right when elder dropped. I saw that 50 extra level grind, Popped my double xp, got about 2 games in, and it hit me.

I wasnt having fun. I hadnt been for probably a week. I was only playing at this point to finish my rework guide, and hopefully breathe some life into the game. So I quit, Let that double xp be wasted and havent played since. I barely come on the forums anymore. when I do its usually just to respond to some of the friends ive made here, or to bump my post so that it can get more views and hopefully eventually be considered by illfonic.

Needless to say, I walked away a long time ago now, its been about a month I believe. And nothing has changed really since then. This is what I expect will happen by the end of the year.

Most of the DLC will continue to be small characters and weapon drops. A proper rework will never happen. New larger maps, will be added in, As well as objectives that will take longer. Perhaps it will be a new “gamemode” or it wont be. but either way it wont be enough, Because the gameplay isnt designed to suit what the game needs to be to save itself. The playerbase is rising right now, but eventually everyone will either hit the point I do and quit of their own volition, be drawn away by better games, or stay and keep mindlessly playing, ignoring their inner conciense despite being burned out.

The game will die, And nothing any of us did on this forum, Will have made anything more than a few months difference for the games lifespan. because its truly up to the devs to really put the effort in.

Hopefully they prove me wrong. But Ive already walked away, so even if im right, I wont be losing sleep over it.

1 Like

i think is getting boring because the queue is fk up…and u dont get any rewords after u get 150 for now.
same for me…i get in the game…i watch the queue…(8 min avarage) im like ok…no problem…
after 8 min “alt+f4”
is because i wanna play…but i dont have the patience to w8 again and again.
i can do that…but…il probably do something else insteed of w8 for 8 min to get in a game and get lucky to have 4 FT…cuz yesterday i got the queue up to 40 min(4 match ups with 1 player or nobody present)
that s one of the things that make me just not play for now until is fixed…
if i see the queue to 5 min…il play.
the lack of content…im fine with that…i mean i know they will add…but until then…the only thing i can do is just farming VT to get the mythical trophies or just testing out new build for the pred.

Re: wait times they should add in a mini game or play back the OWLF tapes. Watching a timer go by is hardly fun… reminds me of what we did with computer games in the 1980s.

or just add a single player in case the match making is long that day

2 Likes

No me too. I’ve played the beta. I pre ordered. And with only 3 jungle themed maps. Constant toxicity, 4-15 min pred cues and garbage team mates. It just gets repetitive after 2 hours now.

2 Likes

Agreed

I doubt it , this is only a asymmetrical multiplayer

i dont know they did it with F13 maybe they can do it for PHG

It’s fun when it works. Unfortunately it rarely works. Been trying to get a game for over 30 minutes now. Oh but enjoy your fucking vacation Illfonic 🙄

I’m FT main, the only reason I’m really still playing is that I enjoy playing with and chatting with a bunch of the other FT players.

I very much hope that the mid-July patch will increase the level cap like the mid-June one did, and I hope that there will be new maps, new gameplay, etc. I’d also really like to have more reason to spend veritanium as I have nearly everything unlocked and am sitting around with 498,620 veritanium as of right now.

The only way to fix queue issues is to get more FT players queuing up, and for that, they need to make fireteam gameplay more fun to play as a solo player with random team mates instead of only fun if you are playing as a pre-made team with people you enjoy playing with and talking to. Adding a game mode like, for example, a 2v10 game would also help as you’re also bringing 5 FT members for every pred instead of just 4, but ultimately the FT experience needs to be improved to make it a little more interesting. I think changing the “hold F” mission objectives need to be turned into small minigames that you have to pay attention to for one, along with a number of other things.

Of course they could just release the Xbox version and crossplay might open the floodgates.

Re: Verantium, I’ve also got 400,000 but keep getting duplicate shaders. It’s like they didn’t consider this game would have a player base after the first couple of months.

July will tell I guess…

id like to see the new maps we know 3 are coming so that be nice

maybe some mix and match modes like 8 v 1 or 8 v 2 so more preds can play at once

as well as aliens (and yes iffonic they WERE on earth in like 3 movies + in the past aka avp movie avp 2 and flash back.

it would just take “killer” (using dbd term) q time down cuz some pppl want pred some want alien the goal here is shorter q times your game has a lot of promise but you need to give the ppl what they want. not what you just feel like tossing out when you are not to lazy to do what needs to be done.

i see more and more ppl going else where just do to the Q time and the fact it gets old pretty fast so you are killing your own game.

i have loads of ideas

` add alien as a hunter + as prey its hunting gounds not just hunt human grounds.

` change the dumb 4 slot power bars to 10 there is NO difference in a lot of the pred classes this is just lazy coding come on ppl.

`fix the bugs that break the game (pig eat/long claim/gun jam)

`ask the community what they would like most and start there ? i mean not rocket sci we pay you for game you give us game that actually works and is fun.

fix some dps like the underbarrel of hammer head = 0 dmg just blinding
add some attechments hammer head with underbarrel of a shot gun (5-10 shots) would be nice to clear npcs at close range

add in more pred weapons and maybe have a more customizable class id rather carry 8-10 sensors rhan 5 + 10 noise makers i never use cuz why bother. im mostly blind irl (80%) so i could use the help.

`PINK CAMMO!! nothing says go *** yourself like killing a pred wearing all pink.

` twin tails (hair style female (maybe fem pred?) ) i feel it makes my dmg go up by at least 30% so i need this asap.

` the ability to draw some kind of logo or mark on myself (as pred) in aion you could do this with the legion “cape” of course u should be able to report ppl before during and after the match that way you know who is sporting “bad signs or words” a bit of gm checking would fix this (aka perma bans for rule breaking)

` crack down on the known hacking fire teams i have only seen maybe 1 pred cheat ever and im not sure if it was a bug cheat or glitch, but there is a 4 man russian fire team that run hacks 24/7 they shot me though a building and 3 trees (no doors windows just right though 3 walls and 2 trees) no f’s given. and im NOT the only one.

play your own game, i have only seen ONE of you in game playing props to that person (no names sorry fam) but nice to see you play so you can SEE bugs and see where what needs fixing.

`pls do not change gamme or net gun TO much for those of us with bad eyesite ME (80% blind) i need some kind of edge

the addtion of 1 landmine for fire team to fortify a pos (non refillable heavy and replaces ammo or w/e pack) be kinds cool

pred traps that do dmg

more pred and fireteam types or customization (aka types of sites or guns) gear taken but on smaller pred i pref hunter but wanna run bear trap/sensor /net gun willing to sacrifice my 2ndary weapon for weight if needed.

just a few ideas.

I hit this point when elder pred dropped. I still havent gotten past 110 because im just sick of the game itself

Same here, I play the game since the free Trial and still enjoy it every day, though it is getting quite boring.
I just keep myself entertained by trying to collect all hidden trophy shaders and doing stupid stuff with my friends.
Sometimes you get very competitive and funny gameplay if you meet the right enemy, but this happens so rarely…
I would hope for some features that improve competitive gaming here, like headhunting the skulls of highly ranked players.
Or if the community could get involved more, like for a weapons skin contest, etc.