"Good Sport" Leaderboards

Lol yaa.
XD

The labels are already there. How many threads pop up insulting melee zerkers as having no skill. Or people complaining that Derailed is FT favoured because they just sit on the warehouse and snipe. These aren’t my inventions. Plenty of games have OP weapons and combos that using them gives you a negative label. Noobtube anyone? I guess we can remove negative names on the leaderboard. It has no real impact on the goal of the leaderboards. Only you’re own name would show up for you, as a -1. No negative label then.

I’m being aggressive because I’m dealing with a pair of trolls that won’t leave my thread so actual discussion like yours can happen, and I can’t just turn on and off being annoyed.

Try not to let it get to you.
No point in getting stressed out.

I do not know, an automatic leaderboard really would encourage cheating and that should not be done from my POV.

What about the possibility after a match to give players of said match either a “thumb up”, nothing or a “thumb down”. Most thumb ups per matches from different peoples (!!) then could be awarded - or alike.

Would also be a nice way to discourage cheating, as this might lead to a lot of thumbs “down”…

This feature also would help to find team mates - those you gave the most “thumbs up” could be your coming team mate… (which means, that everybody should have a list of his own “thumbs up” -or alike).

AND it would encourage people to play team-like!

I’m bumping this because its tiring to play with FT people who don’t care what the mission is because they’re not going to play it, since they only care about hunting down the predator. And its also tiring dealing with Preds who can only kill if they summon the AI and deal the last hit when the AI deals all the damage.

I got the game because its Predator, and everything about the game is paying tribute to the first movie. I almost didn’t get it because it was an AsymMP. Because it seems that all AsymMP players’ only goal is to ruin the fun for the opposing side. But I got it anyway, and when the players are right, the game gets really fun. Trying to balance finishing the mission and leaving with beating back the predator, or stalking the FT, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Win or lose, when the game feels like the movie, its so much fun. And then there are the matches where the predator will only use the combistick throw, and he only hits when he tosses a beartrap onto an FT first, or thins the numbers by attacking downed FT who can’t fight back. And then the FT who camp the infil until the pred appears then chases it across the map or runs off the Vt, forgetting the mission, then hiding in and mudding up when the pred comes near. Players that have no respect for the other people in the round. And its that kind of toxic mindset I hope this leaderboard curbs even slightly.

Maybe use this as a form of matchmaking. High scores are matched together, people bringing the full predator experience to each other get fun immersive matches. Those like me who lean far more positive than negative, but not perfect, will face off against likeminded people. Those in the negative, who only care about ruining the fun for other players can do that to each other.

Erh, what?!

If the FT finds me while I’m in second wind or using a Med-kit, I think it’s legitimate for them to attack me (what are they supposed to do, wait politely while I finish healing my wounds?)

Therefore, I have no hesitation in pumping arrows into a downed FT or aiming a fully charged plasma blast at them to see their little body go flying across the map just as a teammate is about to heal them. Even more so now that they can self revive.

Maybe you can post your list of acceptable combat rules, or maybe you can…

1 Like

First off, the predator’s whole honor system and hunting prey that can fight back.

Second, the FT leaderboard addresses that. Unless you heal inside or next to their objective, that wouldn’t be an issue.

Third, your tit-for-tat response makes this leaderboard-as-matchmaking idea perfect, so you can be stuck with people as cowardly as you.

I guess you haven’t seen the first movie where the Pred blasts a severely wounded Poncho (who’s at a point where he can’t walk unaided) in the side of the head.

So I’m ‘cowardly’ for shooting FT when they’re down wounded but not dead, and instead I should let them heal? Are you aware of the current balance of this game? Perhaps you also think people shouldn’t use traps or invisibility cloaks either, as they probably don’t conform to your fantasy idea of a noble sportsmanlike battle which bears no relation to what the Predator actually does.

Get a fuckin grip man. Calling people ‘cowardly’ for not playing the game according to your BS made-up rules.

The severely wounded Poncho who could still shoot his gun? Unless the FT can shoot you from the ground without lag, that’s nothing.

I said nothing about invisibility or traps. Maybe you should watch the movies again, get an idea of what the predator actually does, instead of whatever “fantasy” you remember.

In regards to Predator, it is cowardly. And based on the metrics of the movie lore, you are.

I’m playing the game the way most people play the game, and the way it was intended - Like a Predator.

If you want to be a sanctimonious prick who goes around calling people cowardly, and considers himself some brave warrior, you go right ahead and be as insufferable as you like. It’s goddamn video game, not fighting for your country!

As FT I tried to shield a predator from my PC team mates fire. He died a few seconds later. I felt dirty, this is not how the game is supposed to be played. Please @IllFonic, Buff PRED.

Some form of ranking system that is based on player behavior would be incredible!

Just would have to figure out if people would avoid specified ranked persons?

The rage quitting is an issue, especially with folks jumping out of lobbies with people they have been spanked by previously.

Well, not like a predator, but sure, whatever.

You are taking this way too hard. Its not like you can’t be a coward in a video game. What do you call those people who hide under the backwater buildings all game? Calm down.

I was just thinking about that being the matchmaking. Being paired with people of similar behaviour.

Rage quitting is always an issue. I’m not sure how to deal with that. There are still too many disconnects to do a blanket negative points. I’d either have them earn nothing, or only earn negative points. Not entirely sure.

1 Like

since you bothered to mention this earlier i guess i’ll comment

so sadly as far as i’m concerned this would just be bad for the type of player i am y’see there are people in this world who are very competitive that have a drive to get better at the things they call their hobbies by any means necessary

i’m the type of guy who thrills in winning matches or games cause that means i’m better than the other person as if i lose they are better than me so i need to improve so i can beat them my determination is pretty endless as at one point when i was semi pro i played 100 matches against one person in order to learn that matchup in a fighting game in one setting every game he won i gave him 2 dollars this costed me 40$ to do this cause i wanted to get better and i’ve done this multiple times at that time in my life as the best way to get better at a game is to money match so you have something on the line to motivate yourself to play at your best at all times in the way tournament play is

i don’t care about the other persons experience they should want to win just as i want to win as far as i’m concerned and with that i’m going to speedrun obj within 3minutes or dumpster preds that get in melee range with 3sec TTKS and chase them all over the map cause they can’t possibly get away i’ll even camp pigs if i know the pred recently was injured and i know where all the pigs spawns are

if i think they are at all competent which just means they have one spec or have someone with a sniper rifle or i hear the sounds of a Merc/GOSLR being fired then i won’t let them reinforce i never let anyone revive if i can prevent shooting those who are downed or chucking BT’s on top of them to claim them in front of their friends or to down the person that tried to teach them to just let people die i even used to trap reinforce radios back when BT’s where indestructable cause it would increase my odds of winning dramatically and of course i try to set off at least 2 alarms in the first minute of the match

now how does this affect me? well it would reduce the total number of players i could potentially play with in a way i can’t opt-in or opt-out of like say a ranked mode would

which in turn would make my que times higher than they are right now without it being skill related like in a ranked que where usually high ranks have longer que times than low ranks which is fine in that case cause then i know i’m going up against equal competition and if i didn’t want to do that i’d que into the QM que for a time

as this system isn’t skill oriented it’s RP oriented or behavior oriented which is something i don’t care about in the same way i’d be livid if i was in a World of warcraft raid and 7 of my raid members were actively RPing with the boss instead of doing there fucking jobs trying to win the game by beating the boss

as if your putting arbitrary rules in place that don’t reward anyone for doing so besides a “good manners que” it’s a pretty worthless addition now say if the good manners que awarded more xp/vert than you’d have an arguement but then i’d just say “well wait if i’m better at the game and my ques are potentially longer for it than i should be getting better rewards than the trash pile that are probably not winning more than 55% of their games”
which is equally a fair statement

because the game says to win here you must exfil or collect a body or you must kill the entire team or get a time out
and a SD is either a win for the predator or a tie for both teams we just won’t know for sure until a win games as predator shows up for a daily

1 Like

I’ll break it down like you did.

This still allows for competitive play. And you will get queued with people of your own mindset.

You can still win matches, and if you want to put money on the line, by all means, no one will stop you.

And this is where the issue happens. There is no other side if you are just looking out for yourself. WAAC is an unhealthy mentality. Its a game. Its about entertainment. And its about making sure the other player in the match keep playing.

So let me translate this into real talk. If they have what I declare cheap weapons I don’t let them reinforce. If I down someone I’ll either keep shooting them because I can’t win if I try to claim. But if the team is bad enough I’ll claim them or bait them. I’ll trap people who have no option but be in the trap because winning is hard. And of course I use alarms because the AI is better than I am.

Its not like you’d run out of players. There would still be plenty of people with your mindset. You’d just be stuck with them. There is always private if you don’t want to do “ranked”.

I don’t think your queue would change. I think the player base is spread out enough. And you are going against people like you, make it a fair fight.

Well, it is highly skill oriented. You just insist that its not. These just take a higher skill rating to accomplish than you are capable of. And that’s fine. Not everyone is skilled enough to do that. Don’t take it too hard. Maybe if you put your mind to it, you might be, but if not, you would be matched with people at your level.

These rules are far from arbitrary, but I’m not here to change your mind. I don’t want to put rewards in, because that will encourage cheaters and hackers. That also should not be encouraged. This is here to match people’s playstyles. Die hard RPers get put together. WAAC people who use cheap tactics and only care about ruining the game for other people are thrown together. Casuals have their own spot. The whole spectrum of players will be matched with their own.

The game also says Pred get XP based on adhering to their code of honor, but we know that’s not true as well. Play how you want. I’m sure you want to go against people who are just like you.

1 Like

Im reviving the dead ass thread

I feel “good sport” is extremely subjective with this game.

1 Like

Very