How can i play with friends on Steam?

Just hope you can invite your friend, as my friend just bought via steam.

Would suck if you cant invite steam friends heh.

thanks

I think you have to link your epic account to steam

1 Like

Yeah, but do i have to be friends with him both on epic and steam? As he dosent show up on my epic friends list

grafik

Shoot, do i need a steam account to link up with Steam Friends when on a primary Epic Games account?

They should really introduce themselves here and get the ball rolling on how to do that asides from having to get a steam account.

To add a Steam Friend from Epic Games Launcher:

1. Make a Steam Account.

2. Download and Install the app on the desktop.

3. Run the Steam App. (asks you to login and will launch a messenger type window)

4. on the epic account, open your friends list and click on the link at the bottom of the messenger where there is a link to connect to your social account. This button will link your account and see if there are any present invites, if there are none a message will tell you.

5. So from here on in, i think your Steam Friend connections are handled on the Steam App, hense afterwards you should recheck your Epic Games Accounts and do the connection each time there is a new friend.

yeah i cant find my friend, and he has connected his steam to his epic account.

1 Like

If you want to add me on steam my account there is the same name as Epic…MassImpact124

I have the same problem. 2 friends of mine and me wanted to play together. All of us already linked our accounts and are friends on Epic and on Steam. I bought it using Epic and they did via Steam. I can join one of them and he can join me. Lets call him friend1. Friend2 can also join friend1, probably because they’re both on Steam. But we can’t join him together, nor is he shown playing this game in my friends list, so I can’t invite him either. Is there any solution to this? Have we forgotten one step, because as I said, everything is working fine with friend1.

I had a similar problem to this. We solved it because in our case friend 2 was not linked to his Steam account on Epic. Basically it seems everyone needs to be friends on, and linked to their epic accounts for match making to work

Correct. In the same manner that console players can play with console friends (if both own the game on console), steam players can play with steam friends (if both own the game on steam). For any crossplay (Console/Steam, Console/Epic, Steam/Epic) all participants must have an account on Epic and have their account linked in the game settings.

it doesn’t matter if you are friends on steam(console) or not, you need to be friends on epic for any type of crossplay

No this was actually me and a friend on steam.

We were steam friends, but I couldn’t invite him (but he could invite me) to any private matches or parties until he friended me on Epic

Meanwhile, our Epic friend could accept and send invites to both of us

1 Like

Because you both had Epic accounts linked to your game but weren’t friends on epic. If you don’t link your epic account you can play with steam friends without issues

I own the game in both platforms (Steam and Epic) and this is what I have seen

On Epic, Console players that have a linked Epic account and have added you as a friend on Epic will show up on your friends list with a Playstation icon. You cannot see if they are in a match, in a lobby or in the menus.
Steam players that have linked their Epic account and have added you as a friend on Epic will appear with an Epic icon, but you can’t see if they are in a match, in a lobby or in the menus

On Steam, Steam friends that do not have an Epic account linked will show up with a Steam icon and you can see if they are in the menus, in a match or in a lobby. Epic friends who are now playing on Steam, have their Epic account linked but you are not friends on Steam will show up as Epic, but you can’t see if they are in a match, in a lobby or in the menus.

If you are friends in steam and epic and you both have your epic account linked, you will appear with an Epic icon and it will show if you are in a match, the menus or a lobby.

Is fucking complicated, but basically, you need an Epic account for any kind of crossplay. Disabling crossplay also breaks matchmaking when you have people on steam and epic on the party.

Here’s a few examples

I am friends with a dude name Captain on steam. He owns the game on steam and does not have an epic account linked to the game. He shows up only when I am playing on steam, and his name appears with a steam icon and i can see if he’s in the menus, a match or a lobby

I am friends with @Dexter on Epic but not on Steam. He also owns the game on steam. He has linked his epic account in the game. Wen he is playing on steam, he shows up with an Epic icon, but I can’t see if he is in a match, the menus or a lobby

I am friends with @Sprocketeer on both Epic and Steam. He linked his epic account on the game. Whether he is playing on Steam or Epic, he shows up with an Epic icon and I can see if he’s in a match, a lobby or in the menus

Well in our case we all linked our accounts, and are friends on both platforms. Still one of them doesn’t show in my friends list when playing hunting grounds.