How did this community become crap in a year?

Well whenever you and I are on AFTE, lemme know if you’d like to play a few rounds.

Okay bye

Cause the game sucks. The dlc sucks. We got ignored for a year and Some change. Everyone is mad.

1 Like

I ain’t mad, I’m enjoying this shit show to the fullest

2 Likes

This game is barely toxic when compared to other mainstream multiplayer games

The game has become stale and boring. The community has become frustrated that after more than a year, all we’ve got are 3 maps, weapon colors nobody ask or cares for, and a few characters and weapons that barely introduce any change to the game play.

Since day 1 people have asked for a 3v12 mode. At this point, people will even settle for a species deathmatch… but we don’t even have that.

Clash is boring unless you have 7 more friends to play with, pubs in clash are a joke
Hunt has become extremely boring for veteran players

Game is still full of bugs that have been reported and video documented since day one. They still have not fixed most of them.

So yeah… a lot of the “toxicity” you see might as well come out from the frustration of the game by hardcore fans of the franchise

4 Likes

People came on way too strong and harassed the devs to point they don’t regularly talk to us anymore which fuels things further.

87 Predator was also a sore spot for people who missed launch and launch had a crashing bug that wasn’t fixed for the longest time.

We’ve also been deprived of movie content which makes all the OC Predators hurt more because we could’ve gotten any super Predator or fugitive.

They also misunderstood us when we wanted death match and made clash which while not bad I don’t think anyone knew what they’d wanted.

They also can’t speak to us about updates so during dry spells the community gets antsy.

Lastly the community is just full of people like that. Par for the course with a game like this but yeah we’re kind of shit.

People are nicer away from the Forums.
My experiences in the game vs on here are worlds different.

That was not the case at all.
People didnt come at the devs strongly at the beginning.

A few ppl did but that’s the case anywhere.
Ppl didnt start getting pissed til like august last year when it was clear they werent listening and never planned to.

3 Likes

I’d say communities are entitled, but it really is an issue with modern devs. Especially the unreal engine brand ones that have somehow gotten ahold of liscensed material.

Reject criticism, retreat back into their echo chamber and/or official discord and double down on their original plan.

Like here’s aliens FT’s Q&A, same shit different flavor -

Glimpse — Q: For those of us who don’t have friends, will we be able to customize the loadouts of Alpha and Beta to better suit our chosen role?

Higgs - A: There’s no plan for this. Alpha and Beta are good boys, be nice to them.

= no you won’t be able to play higher difficulties solo

Thekillergreece — Q: Are there plans to implement voice chat as well as text based chat? Communication is very difficult in-game atm. Thanks! Very good game, cannot stop playing it!

Zn - A: Awesome! Glad you’re having a great time. Voice chat is available on XBox and PS, but we don’t currently have it on the roadmap to implement voice or text chat on PC. We’ll continue to evaluate it based on the community’s requests. Don’t forget to use the middle-mouse button contextual “ping” system!

= no. no basic text chat function in a co-op game, enjoy spamming pings

CRAZY — Q: What made you pick a Third Person point of view for the game? Will there be an event or game mode for a First Person view?

Zn - A: Several reasons: We wanted you to be able to see your awesome looking marine. We also wanted the cover system for the Synth combat, so we needed third person for that. Third reason was to give you a little more visibility to react to how the xenomorph AI constantly flanks you and surrounds you.

= no

It goes on and on like that for medic changes, quickplay, perks that literally don’t work etc. Create a mass discussion of any of the above in their discord and enjoy the ban wave.

Granted all we get is ps blog and twitter replies but it makes no difference at this point. Atleast they don’t care enough to ban heresy against their sacred cow here.

Illfonic, Coldiron, they all just stick to their roadmap in their little box absolved of all criticism because they made their money with their low budget game already. The IPs are popular enough to break even regardless of the game itself. These are the only games that can put out 4 hours of content missing basic QoL features and optimization because apparently they still can’t meet deadlines, and then pat themselves on the back dropping monthly shaders.

These two companies could join forces and make the worst AvP ever concieved.

1 Like

This calls for a tune

I didn’t think my little post would cause such an uproar. I’d agree with the naysayers if it wasn’t for the simply fact that I and a several other of my friends have gotten reports and harassment just from playing the game. Just because others don’t notice it, and are blind to it. Doesn’t mean that it’s not there. I’m just saying. I don’t have to have people agree with me. Just seeing the comments here, my report warnings from psn and the cesspool that is PHG. I don’t really need anymore proof. 😅

1 Like

P.S not getting what you want doesn’t give you a right to act out because of it. Last time I checked. Toddlers do that.

2 Likes

DEUS VULT INFIDEL

Hah 😂

All the pc players that trashed ps4 pllayers left. Who wants to wait in a q to kill pred in 1 min

1 Like