How might we make Clash better through Custom Games?

Clash has always been to the disliking of some people here since it came out, though also a lot of other people play it.
And since we got Custom Game Modes now, which already many are working on new Ideas for, I would love to find out how we could possibly make it even more fun.

So I made this little questionaire and it would be super awesome if anybody would like to provide some constructive feedback, so that me and all others who work on something like this can learn from it.

Many thanks!

Do you priorize playing Predator or Fireteam?

Do you like or dislike clash?

What in particular do you like or dislike about this mode?

What is your main focus in Clash matches, or what would it ideally be if it isn’t available?

What does Clash need in your opinion?

What Gameplay mechanics should go?

Never fuck clash
(Don’t take my shit seriously I just really hate clash)

Fucking despise clash

All I’m going to say

2 Likes

i honestly just want clash to be the most absurd Arcady game mode possible

1 Like

To my current knowledge, the only thing possible at the moment regarding this is to lower the points needed for Predator spawn near to zero.
You would still spawn as Fireteam but could directly respawn as Predator again.
And it only works for 1vs1’s.

The fact that it’s king of the hill makes it pretty brainless. I like the pvp aspects, people are way more fun to shoot as FT than braindead AI are, likewise a predator shooting at a predator is difficult.

Most people don’t like it because most of the matches you’re just lobbing grenades at a point and shooting whoevers on the hill, not a lot of tactic to it.

Well yes you could do that but I want Illfonic to add 4 Predators VS 4 Predators clash

1 Like

You can easily modify clash to make it become more like a Team Deathmatch than King of the Hill.

Fireteam Deathmatch:
I lowered the Points gained for all sorts of interactions towards the bases, so you only get points by killing people, while the bases will cycle after only 60 seconds, which makes matches very dynamic.
I also removed the Preds by increasing spawn wave points to above total match points.
With 90% Gravity and 150% Speed, this feels like Quake 3.
Try it if you like!

Just an all Pred team death match with pred-on-pred trophy taking and long claims.