How to be good

no we tested at the distance that tracking on melee weapons occur specifically wristblades cause usually at close range that’s the TTK that actually matters and then i usually like to test the distance between on FT and Predator with FT on ground in the SGZ camp on overgrowth/backwater and predator on a roof as thats a pretty typical situation in a game for longer range damage testing

as this may sound strange to you but many predators will just stand there to aim their shot even when there getting shot cause they want the charge shot damage

as melee always moves in the same forward pattern you could of course dead angle it slightly but it can be easily followed against most predators or of course if they jump which is just an argument for adjusting aim sensitivity

2 Likes

I can assure you the test was accurate. It was my Hunter, full health. We were at the waterfall extraction point in Overgrowth, @KameofWar was stood where that mini island is and I was on the edge so a good close range distance to test. Kame said “Want to see something funny?”, pulled out the PDW and proceeded to shoot from that range…watching my health bar disappear that fast wasn’t fun.

Just saying scout is good at melee just got to be good at the hit and run meathead

So anyone tested what does more close ranged damage, PDW-Z or ZR-55?

1 Like

PDW. With Bane it is enough to put a Hunter into SW.

Anecdotal, and I don’t have damage values, but I know the PDW is the strongest at close range.

1 Like

This is not right.
There are some fixed locations where Pigs will always spawn after a random time.
Most of these Locations are near the FT and Predator Spawn/Exfil locations, but many are also scattered over the maps.

The main problem for not finding Pigs even with Target Isolation is its limited range. If a pig runs around 1 m outside of the TI range you will think there aren’t any, while in reality there are always Pigs.
I never got any Problems with finding Pigs again after creating maps of the non-FT related Pig Spawns.

1 Like

You can’t be good

You can only git gud

1 Like

I’ve been in some games where there isn’t any pigs at all , at least not when searching with target iso

Pred gets a pig spawn, FT gets like 4. And preds pig despawns if you leap far enough. Makes more sense to just stay near the FT, your chances of finding the pred pig spawn off cooldown without despawning it is considerably lower than just looking near the FT

Case and point when you leap from spawn and head back the pig just disappears & goes on cooldown to spawn again. If you rely on preds pig spawns hoping to get lucky across the map youre going to have a way harder time. Heading across the map trying to pop a spawn is just going to cost you time & is exactly why people say they cant find pigs.

No but it still makes sense to not eat pigs near the FT, at least vs PC Fireteams.

This is very interesting!
Do you mean the Pigs that spawn near where the Pred starts?

From what I noticed, some Pigs clearly don’t need the Pred or FT to be there to spawn, but maybe there are 3 kinds of Pig spawns, including one that is Pred related?
Because those that I meant will spawn even if nobody is near, but you need to know exactly where they are.
I just farm them in the beginning of the match as a reserve, since they are mostly very far away from the action.

Most useful forum thread since I am here, well done buddy! As I am a little busy at the moment, I will need some days to get through… But count on me adding one or another thing then :)

Why not Dante?

Dante comes with 160 health points from the beginning and is fast too.

If you prefer the “tank style”, use the “thick skin” perk to increase Dantes health points to 185.
If you prefer the “weasel style”, use the “speed” perk (do not know its name yet) to increase Dantes speed beyond that of a Recon or Scout.

1 Like

this was made well before Dante came out and i just never got around to putting Dante on the list but yes in general Dante is also good i’d also say scout can be good with duelist now that specs are a thing Recon though should never be picked since OWLF op is a thing

2 Likes

Recon spotter passive, stacked with spotter specialization and perk?

I wouldn’t say “never” but definitely more niche

1 Like

it does it’s just one of those things that if your doing this your getting singled out and your also the weakest member of the team so if your not the guy who consistently lands sniper shots your a waste on the team

3 Likes

A spotter with a sniper rifle is a waste. A spotter with an assault rifle is the better route. Cause you have to constantly move when you are the spotter

1 Like

Thanks for compiling all this in one!

1 Like

Mhmm you seem off. Will watch you closely

1 Like

I concur with this statement.

1 Like

Would it make you less suspicious if I said I like ThunderCats? Like u know, cats that shoot thunder or stuff.

1 Like