More Predator Utility

So I’ve went back to DBD, not cause I’m done with this game but more cause I needed a break. Now I will say playing killer in DBD is harder than playing Predator in hunting grounds, but none the less I think it’s relevant here. The way that as killer in DBD, you can tell who is hurt, who your obsession is, and there are certain utility perks for tracking, it made me realize how much better predator would feel to play if we had things like this. A possible scanner on the bio mask to tell FT members current HP, or load out, or both. Possibly even how much equipment they have left as well so you can better choose your targets. And maybe tracking darts or something like that. Just different ways to make you feel more like you are the hunter, the predator choosing his next move based on your knowledge of the prey, and less you just kinda wildly attacking when someone is a little too far from there team. Let me know what you guys think. I believe changes like this would help the predator be more predator less Gladiator

10 Likes

I’d like something like this to be implemented.

1 Like

Cool thanks for your input

What would be cool if you scan the fireteams weapons, so you know what your up against so you don’t get unexpectedly melted cause you didnt know what gun they had, but this taking analyzing feature from Predator 2 too far maybe.

2 Likes

I disagree entirely, DBD has a much lower skill ceiling that PH:G. Very little aim required so doesn’t leave much room for improvement aside from grinding perks or learning loops/countering loops which takes a few matches to learn at most. Its really just mindgames and map knowledge thats it yet people treat it hyper competitively. But maybe thats just me tunneling angry people with pyramid head.

DBD by far has the worst, whiniest psuedo-competitive-in-a-very-casual-game community ever.

Predator is 3 dimensional with a lot of factors in play with pred players aim vs the FTs aim, weapons, gear, loadouts, etc. There are a lot of moving parts. DBD is following people in a straight line and hitting them twice or teleporting onto people holding M1 on a generator.

I like the obsession mechanic though agree with you there, and I feel like it could work in PH:G via the xp counter you see on the right in thermal that goes up based on whos performing the best on the team, but its not really used for anything at the moment. Game needs high priority, low priority targets whether its random or xp based.

1 Like

You can literally one tap people in predator and just thirst kill them on the ground. Predator is objectively easier than DBD hahah took way more effort and learning to hit rank 1. Took me like 2 hours in the beta to learn how to clap FT’s

If only someone had made a Perk list with things that could give the Predator this kind of utility? :P

In fact, many of the things you’ve said, are covered almost exactly by some of those perks. :)

1 Like