Option to remove the BIOMASK in hunt (and in customise?)

I’ve posted this before, but I’ve had a lot of people agree with me they’d like this option so I thought I’d post again in hopes someone from the team likes the idea too.

Id like the ability to remove the mask whenever really, by pressing and holding two buttons e.g L3+R3 for 2 seconds an interact icon would appear on the screen with a biomask indicator in the centre, you would then have a further two seconds to stop pressing and holding to cancel if you’d done it by mistake, while the interact icon fills like any other icon would (not that I think you could ever consistently mistakenly press L3+R3 together for 2 whole seconds successively hence that choice of button input) which would then trigger a short animation lasting another few seconds where the predator removes their mask and drops it on the ground.

It could even go a step further and have a bonus objective be set by the predators dropped mask, that the fireteam can retrieve for bonus xp and Veritainium. The predator could also use this to bait for an ambush, and having this feature would allow predators really looking for a challenge to ditch their mask as the hunt begins and hunt without target isolation or thermals.

I just think it would be really cool and thematic as stated above, it would help you get rid of the broken/smoking mask that gives you away rather than hope it is fully destroyed, and 1v1 against the last player it could be used for honourable duel thematic coolness.

Thank you for reading and keep hunting and enjoying the game, no matter what side you play :)

6 Likes

I play ft main and I think this is an incredibly innovative suggestion.

For authenticity I think you should get the really shitty red screen that he gets in the movies though …

Did you seriously suggest that the predators use their mask as bait ?
🤭🤣🤣

1 Like

I made a similar post a bit ago: Bio-Mask Removal Emote

I like your idea to make Bio-Mask valuable for FT to retrieve it as a 🏆

Would be awesome to have a mode where both Fire Team & Predator had their respective trophy rooms that showcased their accomplishments.

1 Like

I think if you decide to remove it , it should stop FT/predator to view the cinematic but it also means you’re going down for the count -no cloak- no self-destruct fight until death using whatever weapons you have.
As the original post stated, this would work well for extra XP for 1v1.

I love the idea