Post your videos here

2 Likes

Have a bit of a special video here, My first foray into a 1987 Challenge. Read Video Description for extra info. Warning, Match Spoilers in Description if you care.

WORLDS SHITTIEST PRED RIGHT HERE BABY https://www.twitch.tv/ttv_weebykiwi

1 Like

Liked your use of melee. At first you attempted in the open and got melted. At second attempt you had an opportunity to isolate and melee wasuch more effective.

They were not agressive in terms of chasing and you decided to heal nearby. Did you decide that it was safe, or that impatient perk made it less of a risk?

I actually didn’t have Impatient. I had Imprent, Medic and Modifed Reserve. I regretted not taking Long Range as that would have helped getting kills via PC.

You’re talking about the First Heal right?

I figured it was safe due to the geographical hurdles FT would have to go through to catch me at that spot. There weren’t aggressive as you said and either they would have had to go all the way around both left and right as they were at River Base, and if they knew where I was exactly and went straight, they’d have to go up the mini Waterfall, taking up time that they didn’t have as I had Medic anyway. (At least I think it was above the mini waterfall, I’d have to check.)

I used Melee that first time to “test” their reactions to it, and they (mostly) reacted pretty well, so I got melted for it. In retrospect, that’s probably what cost me the game as that was my worst attack on them in the match and had to fall back after messing up that rockface ledge leap and trying to approach from that way; was trying to make lemonade but ended up with expired orange juice.

Second Heal was out of just being melted, and didn’t wanna get Second Winded. I didn’t choose it off of geographic factors or anything like that. Medic would have covered me anyway if they decided to give chase.

1 Like

Yes, i did mean Medic. Got the two confused.

Yeah, perhaps that’s foiled melee cost you. It’s little things like that decide the outcome.

I like how you used the terrain for protection when healing so you wouldn’t waste time jumping further away to safer distance.

But i still have a bone to pick about the tactics. I see two plans of action. Either the pred is good enough to take out the FT in one engagement or more often then not FT gets to reinforce. When it comes to reinforcements it’s the same story every time and all preds to the same thing cause it’s tried and true, even though the success rate is low. FT reinforces and then it’s a race of who’s faster, pred at killing or FT at finishing obj. Usually pred gets the short stick of the deal so i feel like the approach has to change.

Sometimes all three FTs go to reinforce and then it’s tough to stop them, but perhaps if that is done, they sacrifice obj and pred buys himself more time.

In this case, it seems like they continued with the obj and one guy bolted to the radio once you were low on HP. I feel like you shouldn’t have overextended yourself, feigned a retreat and left some HP to chase down the FT who was going to reinforce as the other two stayed behind to distract you.

I know it’s tough to keep track of everyone, but perhaps there is a way to single out the FT who plans to reinforce and distract the other two for a bit, followed by bolting for that FT to prevent the reinforcements. It’s a tight window, but maybe with enough practice pred can be successful. If things work out, he can claim the FT who wants to reinforce and heal (Medic) to take on the other two.

Also, although the radio is ‘random’ now, i wonder if it’s more likely to show up where the next or current obj is. If so, knowing the mission could give pred an advantage. If it shows up out of the way, at least it will buy pred more time.

This is true. I will admit, I was probably overconfident within the match as I knew Izzy (one of the two at least) had the new Sniper Rifle and I figured it was medicore. Both happened to hit their shots tho.

Usually the FT that plans to Reinforce is passive, only attacking when the time is right like anyone would. In this match, it was the Support that hauled ass to Reinforce.

FT actually held a lot of good cards so to speak since they had a OBJ that was mostly relegated to one area, and Reinforcement was right next to said area.

I’ve been more used to playing Alpha and Scout recently, so that’s probably why I thought constantly running in/being super-aggressive was a good idea given the situation.

1 Like

True, just feel like preds need to try something new since it’s the same story every time. What’s the point if killing the other who FTs (in general) if they’ll just get reinforced. Once pred sees that only two of three are present, why bother? Go looking for reinforcements and maybe you’ll get the kill that matters and will have a chance to heal (medic) before the other two arrive. Thats where the next engagement will take place anyway.

My plan may be dumb, but i have not seen any originality in these situations for months. It this what the game is now? Claim, reinforce, start over?

2 Likes

Some 2.22 gameplay. You can see the rust in my movements lol. It’s been 3 months since I’ve played Pred. With the Isabelle DLC it’s only right I use my zerker with Mr. Black Mask!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hide and seek isn’t always fun, but this time its was quite enjoyable.

1 Like

Watch the last part of the video for a little sneak peak for tomorrow!

@Thunder-Cats you know TooMad right? Fought him and his friend Cyrax83 twice on this map back to back.

3 Likes

Skull for a skull friend XDDDD
Nice game that was. You were the only person on the team that could end the match very fast, so I had to pick on you, sorry ;-)

3 Likes

Makes sense. Though I had picked maybe the wrong loadout or more I was unlucky with the team and not having a good knowledge of the new map.

I will get you next time for it.

1 Like

You know waht? I like that map alot, but I constantly get lost - I mean its worst than it was with Excavation. I think that map is bigger, hence the reason its so easy to lost track of the target. When playing pred on it, I now use tracker specialization

1 Like

I like the map too.
Had a pretty nice first Pred match on it where I quote “raped” a support before killing him. 🤣

Next match will look different for sure. Either I will hunt you, you will hunt me or we meet as team.

2 Likes

Oh girl!
My hit list is similar to yours :

Top priority to kill are

• Good PC players
  • Any PC Recons
  • Any one with Sniper specializations
  • Any one with your name ;-)
    So if I see a good PC recon sniper, with your name… yes – you stand out a bit XDDDDD
1 Like

I honestly prefer that option - I totally can’t handel your Valkiria with bow XDDDD

1 Like