Predator class weapons?

Should predators have some bonuses for using the weapons suited or matched to the class? Faster attack? More damage? Less stamina cost?

Vikjng + Axe
Samurai + Katana
Elder + Sword

Etcetera.

Penalty for using unfamiliar weapons?

4 Likes

I would say less stamina cost due to already so many damage stacking options. Different unique passives are a must here and decreased stamina cost is a great one.

I wouldn’t use penalty for using unfamiliar weapons as not only that would limit gameplay freedom but also is just another nerf for Predator.

3 Likes

Was just thinking this the other night

Gives more incentives to actually run the classes with their weapons.

Enjoy this idea.

4 Likes

@IllFonic dew it

3 Likes

Class lock weapons.

1 Like

I completely agree with this.
Also, nerf the Axe, or make it so the heavy hit drains the stamina completely.

Dumb

K

That’s a terrible idea, one hit and you get melted as a result. I wouldn’t be opposed to it costing more stamina for the heavy tho but all of it is asking for trouble.

1 Like

On the other hand you can down one FT with one hit too…
It would still be a great weapon with a couple of perks. Impenetrable and Ironside, maybe…
All i know is that anything should be done, cause it’s way OP right now…

Ik however as other people have demonstrated it is pretty easy to dodge and abuse. Idk they’ll probably change it in the upcoming update or maybe they won’t.

It’s not that easy.
Samhain posted a video a few days ago. He killed a premade PC FT with 2 engagements. Like 5 or 6 minutes. On the 1st engagement he killed and claimed half the team, went 2nd wind, healed, came back and finished them off. That was easy…

It wasn’t easy to win using the Axe, it was risky and I knew how I should use it vs them, besides it was a trapper build with netgun as well, I had to use plasma, axe and netgun to win. I doubt that premade lost any other matches that day.

Other day I was playing with 2 other pc players and we made Axe Predators go second wind before they could even get to the range which they could use the Axe. 99% of Axe Predators will never beat PC premades.

Fireteam damage is more OP than the Axe. Nerf both or none.

I know u used other weapons. But still… in 2 engagements win against a premade PC squad?? Never saw that happening with any other weapon. Not even with u being the Pred.

I did that plenty of times with ranged builds. I have lucky matches that I managed to beat Full Pc FTs on the First engagement, no medkits used. Literally got the 4 down one after the other.

On the Axe vídeo of the match on Exacavation it was 3 engagements, First I missed the Axe attack, Lost some Hp then went to heal. 2 ft tried chasing while the 2 other were at mission, they were a little separated which allowed be to get them down before the others arrived. Still went 2nd wind in the process then healed and got the other 2. Using Medic allowed me to get them fast before the radio.

I made a Second video with the same Axe build on privates, First match was like 6 engagements to win or something. Second match I had to use all 4 medkits at the radio to prevent the reinforcements.

So, u are saying that’s not an OP weapon even for public matches against randos?

So are all the best weapons like smart disk, plasma caster, hammerhead, sawz, 1011-12 pistol when used vs randos players that have bad weapons.

I have made random preds go second wind alone in few seconds using those weapons 1v1. Why not nerf that, since its OP vs most predator players ? Most can’t even beat 1 fireteam player that is using those weapons, cus the damage is very high. Using meta ft weapons on pubs is no different than using the Axe on pubs.

1 Like

I still can not make that comparison.
Cause meta FT weapons can only melt the Predator if he is a complete potatoe who doesn’t even know how to move.
Now on the other way the Axe can down any FT with almost no skills required. I’m not that great as Predator and i find it much easier with the Axe.