Predator: too stealthy? or not stealthy enough?

Please reply and answer

50/50 u may be stealthy but they can hear u a lot and spamming spot

not stealthy enough his audio cues give away too much. too directional etc etc and being spam spotted and can be seen miles away while sprinting cloaks works against him and not for him

Not even close to stealthy enough. You can do everything right as the player but predator just won’t shut the fuck up or take off his t-rex boots. Oh, and spotting is a thing for some reason.

What do you 3 think about this

reason I ask is because someone replied that this was overkill. I can agree somewhat on the assassination idea, but everything else?

To be honest, its not that bad as it is… Its active cammo not perfect stealth.

The only thing id change is that Scout and hunter’s footsteps should be lighter, Berserker’s elephant thudding can stay.

Yeah that would go a long way. And stop the clicking, growling, and FT hearing vision switches. Hearing cloak I think is fine but only if you’re really close

I don’t know that he should be completely invisible, but when stationary it should be slightly more effective. That said, I’ve had an entire FT run past me while cloaked and standing still.

• [Disagree] Stealth kills on players should only be possible either once or twice per match. No limit, Pred should be able to stealth kill the entire FT and AI contingent if desired)
  • [Disagree] Predator should be invincible during this animation (My suggestion is already listed as the separate idea)
  • [Disagree] Predator should not be able to take the trophy of the player that is stealth killed (I think, they should be able to - and not only that, but be able to extend the stealth kill animation to do both in one step)
  • Predator must be cloaked to perform a stealth kill (Or crouched and behind)

The way I envision it, is that the Predator should be able to drop down out of a tree, or sneak up behind someone and - straight out of the movie - impale that sucker and lift them up, a giant victory pose that strikes fear into the remaining Fireteam members and makes the AI back off in terror. Should be able to roar while doing it and, if so desires, rip the trophy off the shoulders of the kill.
It’s the motherfucking Predator.

I agree, And the reason I even put forth the stealth kill idea is because its the Motherfucking Predator

But Being able to stealth kill everyone is gonna be abused

Everything else agreed

Possibly, but it would feel wrong to arbitrarily limit the Predator’s actions because it would be too hard for the Fireteam. A stealth kill should be an achievement, have impact. I’m sure there would be a way to balance the threat, and still be rewarding.

What people don’t realize is that the Predator isn’t supposed to be an unstoppable killing machine, much like Jason was in Friday the 13th. Unless if Counselors were coordinated enough to knock Jason’s Mask off, all you could do is stun and run Mr. Voorhees. So people automatically assume the Predator is Jason wearing a Yautja Costume, running blindly into a group of 4, only to be melted.

That assumption leads to the constant bitching us fans see constantly. The Predator isn’t an unstoppable killing machine. He’s a skilled Yautja Hunter with technology that aides you in the hunt.

I’ve seen a lot of people go too straightforward and just run across trees, only relying on the Combi-Stick. All they’re doing is exposing themselves. Do they realize that:

Staying perfectly still makes you literally disappear when Cloaked. I’ve had tons of players run right past me doing this.

Leaping is an underutilized tool for both offensive and defensive purposes.

Audio Decoys are great for mind games. Especially with your Voice Manipulation (hold Up on the D-Pad).

The Predator’s Scout Subclass is highly underrated. You can traverse half the map without resorting to Trees, in half of the time. Even moreso with the Leap Perk.

So if you play your cards right, the Predator can be immensely stealthy when all elements are used in a Yautja’s Equation. People need to understand that it’s all about being patient. In my personal case, I look at a Game where I don’t die and people escape when I’m the Predator as a win.

Like in the ‘87 Classic: did the Jungle Hunter engage Mac and Co. when Mac went ham with the Minigun?? Nope!! He got the fuck outta there.

Yes but what people dont realize;

Pred has zero map control, he has no idea where the fuck anyone is going, unless he sees them. So standing still, isnt good enough, when most of the time, he has to go to them.

Stealthy or not, every passive noise that pred makes while cloaked immediately fucks him against even the most low levels of “decent” players.

87, I agree, pred dipped the fuck out. I understand that he isnt unkillable. The problem is, when pred stealth kills in any movie, Everyone runs the fuck away.

If pred stealth killed in this game, Everyone would run at him and gangbang him with knives.

Not everyone wants to play scout, and shouldnt have to, to bypass how flawed tree traversal is.

At the end of the day, this is a video game, and if you give anyone room to exploit something, someone WILL exploit it.

I don’t agree with removing verbal cues, as they’re integral to the immersion. The predator already can stealth kill players if they’ve been downed twice, btw.

Yes but no one is gonnna do those stealth kills. They might as well not exist. Because by that time ive either wiped the team or killed the player, and im sure thats the same for many others.

And yes The verbal cues are integral to immersion. I wasnt suggesting they be removed, but that they echo so that they sound like they are coming from everywhere, rather than from where predator is sitting, when hes 5 feet away from someone cloaked.

Sometimes it occurs to me that the stealth is pretty good and sometimes it is bad, but when the predator starts making sounds, it’s fucked … those sounds shouldn’t be accurate enough to reveal your location, the sounds should only be accurate when you’re very close.

EDIT… The sounds are great and I’m glad they’re there but they shouldn’t be so accurate … Because as soon as they hear it they start spamming the spot and shooting

I feel there is no “real” stealth with the predator and the whole dynamic with the fire team is predator jumps in melee’s tries to whoop them and either they get whooped or the fire team and if anyone tries to play “proper” they get punished like trying to be the stealthy hunter in the movies punishes you due to the time and how the fire team can just rush objectives.

I also think some level of slowing of the Predator would be great, to balance it a bit. Maybe,

• Hitting the ground from height should require a small recovery, and be somewhat loud. FT member should poop their pants when they hear that thud, and give them a half second to respond to a potential stealth kill.
  • Leaping from the ground should take a bit of effort, like a crouch charge - it would make the pred player be wary of hanging around too long, but also be a visual cue for the FT of what’s happening
  • Hits slower, but harder
  • Scout would be faster in all these, beserker slower