Predator Wait times, queues, estimates, alternate game mode, FIXES

It really does need alot of time to get into a match as a predator, the fastest time i’ve got into was 4 minutes! And it is between 16:00 to 19:00!! And now the predator is finally playable and not underpowered the way he was before! Now i destroy the fireteam easily, so good to play as the predator man.

Nope, terrible idea mate, this is mych better than a randomised killer. Because there are predator mains out there, and people will just leave the match to be the predator, they should fix their matchmaking.

again there is nothing random about it, you know how many games you’ll have to play to be pred, we all got this to play pred mostly, idk how else to explain that basing it off of your games played is not RNG(random number generator) it is statistical, predictable, consistent, nothing random about it at all…just gives everyone a fair shot, and if youd prefer not to be pred, cool, add the pass button and its no longer an issue, but queue times will be next to zero…

think about this, everyones biggest complain right now is the INSANE queue times to play pred, if you remove that and have it base off of pred games / FT games played, no one waits to play, ever…we will play through our games, get to play pred from time to time, and instead of wasting 45 minutes in queue to be placed into an empty lobby, we just play as FT for that time, getting better, learning from other preds, getting xp, its not just wasted time sitting in a lobby or queue doing nothing

what sense does it make to sit in queue forever to be dropped into an empty lobby to repeat for an hour, getting literally nothing accomplished, instead your time playing will be your queue, prospective is everything, you appear to perceive this as making you play pred less, when in fact youd be playing it an equal amount but your queue would not be on the menu, itd be four rounds in game as FT actually progressing and getting better, learning maps more, finding locations of things, building your teamwork skills…not sure what youre missing with this and still think its RNG, youre just playing FT during your queue instead of sitting on main menu or in empty lobby repeatedly

if you prefer not to play FT and have the ridiculous wait time, then by all means, have a ridiculous wait time getting nothing accomplished and not progressing at all, atleast this way you make progress, gain xp and arent sitting in an empty lobby only to requeue again or sitting in incredibly long waits on main menu just to be dropped into an empty lobby…the time will pass faster because youll be busy and not staring at your default pred choking your default FT loadout on main menu watching the clock tick miles past your estimated queue time over and over and over again

tell me what im missing here

cant make FT fun without making pred suck…your underpowered and its meant to be that way…because it should take 3+ FT members to take out pred…
uncreative and lazy? Whats your solution you say “Make FT fun” okay…How???
Let’s hear your solution…make ft fun is not a solution, its a blanket statement that doesnt solve anything,no guidance on how to make FT fun, what would make it fun? how would you do it?

Notice the last paragraph of my initial post “leave a reply below with your opinions on this and if you think it will help with some of the problems through the growing pains of the infancy of this what could be amazing game, or if you think it won’t, but please also add why it wont help, bitching to bitch solves nothing, ive added what i think could be changed and HOW it would help, what it would impact

maybe revisit the embolden area of this and get back to us.

right so in 80 games you got to be pred 2 times, thats 1 in 40 games…think youd be a bit happier if it were 1 in 5? then you would have been pred 16 of those 80 games instead of 2, i mean it literally cant be any higher than that, if it were for you then others would have to be fireteam for your chance to be pred…so the balance is to even out, atleast it would not feel so broken you never get to play and youd be playing pred as much as if not more than others(more than those who choose the to pass it with pass button)

I’ll wait 10 minutes to be the Pred, than gamble 50 games and never be him. Didnt buy this to play the FT, because they play as every other shooter out there, only worse.

Remove my queue as the Predator and make me roll a dice? I uninstall and thats it, out for good.

well. it hasnt happened since. not been a pred since. so enough said. lol. i just dont even bother trying to be a pred unless i search for just a pred lobby in itself.

not sure where youre at if youre only waiting 10 mins to play pred, but i sit in queue for 15+ minutes, get dropped into a half full lobby, where everyone backs out anyway because it doesnt fill properly and then go requeue atleast 1 or two more times before i get a game…so 30-45 minutes wasted in queue getting no progress at all, id rather take that time getting better in game than staring at my menu watching my wait timer tick 3-4 fold over my estimated wait time

OH i mean in general. My queuetimes as the Pred varied from 4-10 minutes, very random. Im in norway with a high speed fiber connection, but i doubt that plays a role tbh.

Seriously tho, if it was a SOLID 10 minutes to be the pred, i’d take that over a random chance anyday.

Like i said, i bought this to be a Pred, FT means nothing to me, i have other shooters for that.

Problem here is Illfonic, they have GARBAGE matchmaking going on here, never seen anything like it. Cant count the amount of times ive been a Pred, get a lobby, and theres 2 or 3 guys there, 4th never arrives and they all leave.

yep happens to me too. fun times … not. them not joining then they leave because they realise the lobbies bugged and broken

1 Like

yea, i agree, it needs work, but this would negate that issue, the lobbies would fill properly and we’d all have to put in our time as FT, i dont like playing FT either for exactly the same reason, so if most of the community prefers pred then we all have long waits, messed up queues, and crappy matchmaking, if we did it based on number of times pred/number of times FT, it will even out, wait times diminish etc… @Fire has a point, make FT fun, but im not sure how you make FT fun…they can play it three ways, rush through objectives and get out fast without engaging pred, hunting the pred instead of him hunting you, or casually stroll through hit objectives while keeping pred at bay, unless you get a rambo who ventures off gets himself killed and then the whole team wipes…but regardless, the FT missions arent fun, not sure how to make them fun compared to pred, probably cant do it…thats what makes the game ASYMMETRICAL, not only is the gameplay asymmetrical, but so is the fun…

I’m already lvl 100, and i switched for a predator main…Removing the play as predator or fireteam and add a randomise matchmaking would kill this game completely!! People wanna play as predators… and they should fix the matchmaking instead of randomising the killer.i got to play as predators in only 4 minutes queue times. Sometimes 12 minutes. I WAIT THAT LONG to play as the predator. But yeah they are long and should fix them.

It is good as is. I think probably everyone bought this game wanting to play the dreadlocked spaceman. So did I. But I think what a lot of people complaining about the waiting times forget is that you do need people playing as FT members… This is not something you can fix by changing lines of code… You want to play as predator? Get in line, there are 20 people before you. You want to play as FT? WE NEED YOU, THERE ARE TOO MANY PREDATORS, SO GET IN!

They should make it so xp and money arenonly earned by the fire team, so if you want to progress and unlock new things, you have to play with them.

You’re wrong about about making ft fun would make pred suck. If you gave ft cool gadgets, lower they’re health vs pred, it would work. I’m not nor have I ever said make them stronger. They just feel beyond generic.

I didnt buy this game to play ft, so, i really dont think it falls on me to try and think of a way to make ft better.
But I do know the solution to the que prob.

If ft gets made to feel cool and fun, without being overpowered, more ppl will play it. I gave you an idea.

Also dont get all fucking uppity and high n mighty with me cause I said making pred random is lazy and uncreative. It is. Because that’s a mere band aid
And would not solve the problem, which is ft is boring and generic.

You can shut that idea down or try to work with me. Your move.

make people do something they dont want and it will turn into a quit fest. ruined games. being bad on purpouse. less players to play with…

Just wait like everyone else waits to b pred. or play private and find a team who like to play ft over and over and play with them.

Nice idea, its more better than waiting for hours to play as Pred