Reinforcement changes

Cool idea

2 Likes

Im tired of playing with randoms and they just split and im like god dammit. I believe the randoms will learn after maybe like 2 games lol

There’s a lot of wiggle room for rage quitting is the only downside I see. Games would be much quicker, encouraging long claims by the pred regardless of scenario. either successfully perma killing a teammate (not a loner type), or being killed in the attempt.

Well if they get long claimed and are essentially benched from the game then they can leave if they want since it won’t affect anyone. It’d be like the predator when he’s be killed and the FT are hovering over their body, pred has no reason to stay if they don’t want to except for the XP.

1 Like

That is also a good point I like that. So if you get long clamied as a ft you should be out of the game but also quitting at that point should not remove xp since the game is done for you. i would see less rage quitters then.

1 Like

I don’t think this will play out like you think. If you can long claim at any point then Pred’s will just wait for the last person to go try for reinforcements and then long claim the dead. If there’s two of you left and no long claims have been done, are you supposed to split up because I think that would just mean no reinforcements arrive. Guarding the bodies wouldn’t work because being solo doesn’t work.

This doesn’t seem like a good idea, it’s interesting and might lead to something in the conversation though so thanks for posting it.

Even if those claims had to be done on living FT members it might still unbalance the game. It doesn’t stop the last guy from rage quitting because he knows it’s pointless to continue.

1 Like

Why would it change the bleed out timer?

Long claim can only be done on living/bleeding out FT from my experience. I am not sure I understand.

Sorry I misunderstood part of it and thought you wanted to always be able to long claim and have it stop reinforcement.

I do not think that this would be a good idea. Do reinforments occasionally prevent Predator from winning? Sure.

But they give the max chance for FT involvement for the entire match.

Yes many exit early now, but I think this would cause it to happen more often. After the first FT is long claimed, the other three now know they are at a garaunteed number disadvantage for the rest of the match, even if they reinforce.

I am willing to bet that more FT will start leaving early when faced with that.

2 Likes

This is my understanding as well.

1 Like

I love this

I’d even go further. I think the Predator should be able to destroy the radio, completely removing the option of reinforcements. Those of us as Pred players should be rewarded for knowing the map layout and knowing where each radio could potentially spawn. It could also add another layers of the Preds gameplay. Do u want to spend the time to search for the radio, allowing the FT to complete their objective or do u want to engage the FT and deal with reinforcements later.

2 Likes

So let them leave. If they can’t be respawned, who cares if they stick around or not?

Edit, nvm, I see what ur saying

2 Likes

I agree with this and have suggested it in the past.

This also adds to FT play because once they have one down, do they wait it out for the radio to pop (with the risk that it never will) or try and push on with the mission and when it does pop it is on the opposite side of the map.

I as Predator already commit to finding the radio before engaging the FT most of the time.

1 Like

I’m only for radios that can be destroyed if this kind of thing is added.

Didn’t read through the whole thread, but what if no team member is the Radio Class? Would there be no reinforcements?

There’d still be a reinforcement radio on the map. It would just add to the existing mechanic.

I get where you coming from but the support class for ft is slow like really slow and like trying to catch up to them to get to the group is tough and if they decide to do that then I’m out of the game at the start even before I could get to my team to play the game

@ richterbryan
Bad mechanic. This will only punish low skilled players and have no effect over the good ones running 4 man premades. This will also make it far harder for a good player to carry a bad team in randoms (and far more frustrating).

I also noticed you did not bring any ways to punish predators that overextend running away in second wind? I hope you don’t think only the FT should be punished for that. How about you can’t leap in second wind? I will trade you for long claims perma kills.

Honestly yea i like it ( this is coming form a predator main btw) if theres a reason to Long claim now i would do it more often i like the idea of High risk High Reward.