Rework Chapter 2: Fireteam Objectives (WIP)

2. Fireteam Objectives------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General

• Fireteam objectives need to consist of more than just Holding the interact key 24/7. We need minigames, similar to the bomb defusal, but without the time limit. They should be harder puzzles, and take longer than the bomb defusal, and have more than enough variety to keep them a bit varied.

• Objective locations should take the fireteam around the map, several times, as well as into the areas between the outposts (Drop pods are a good example)

• AI patrols should be spawned along the roads intersecting the map; All should have a radio, so that if the fireteam does not kill them quick enough, All of the bases around the map go on full alert, with AI reinforcing the bases, Or moving to retake them.

• Significantly Increase medical/ammo drops on the map, as well as possibly care package drop objectives that can refill the equipment of 2 FT members.

• New types of objectives should be created to split up the fireteam shortly. (Not really sure how to achieve this, but it should be looked into) Search area missions should cover larger grounds, forcing the FT to spread out more.

• Time to complete all objectives should be extended considerably, for all mission types and maps.

• Fireteam should have access to all extraction zones, and be able to choose which one to take by running to it.

• Helicopter should always directly cross the map to get to extraction
  • More objectives about project stargazer and other predator related content.

Stealth (WIP)

The Far Cry -esque Stealth system is already in game. (Marking AI, Alarms that can be disabled, suppressors, etc. So this really only needs some tweaking to make work)

• Fireteam should be rewarded for taking an outpost stealthily, as well as disabling all of the alarms. Doing objectives in an outpost that was successfully taken stealthily should result in no AI spawning in on said objectives. This will give the FT time to focus on predator.

• Fireteam should be able to perform knife takedowns from behind on heavily armored enemies. (Possibly be able to drag the bodies as well, into foliage. Foliage should obscure bodies so AI dont react)

• With the surpressor damage reduction increased to 20-30% FT will now have to choose between going loud, and having to fight pred and AI at the same time, but with full damage, or use suppressors to clear camps stealthily, so they can focus on keeping pred at bay, but at the cost of their damage.

• Suppressors should be able to be equipped/unequipped mid match, however should take time to do. 4-5 seconds roughly.

• Suppressors should be able to break (somewhat like MGSV), that way getting caught with your suppressor still on can not only decrease damage, but damage your suppressor and cause it to break or come close to breaking.

1 Like

Taking over an outpost? Man if only AI were that varied we’d have something along the lines of Dayz Gone at the barest of AI. Then we’d have a compitent system. That isn’t to say it would lend at all to whatever the SP story might be. THat being said, i’m going to replay Dayz Gone now.

1 Like

The damage drop on the silencer should decrease as you shoot it, as it does the sound of the shot increases, starting at 50% durability.

Damage % decrease should be lower on pistols than automatics and snipers.

1 Like

Think the suppressors damage reduction is a little too much. 15%-20% max maybe. 30% Is just neutering the FT. Just my opinion

1 Like

That balances it out. Especially considering how much suppressors can change the game in my rework

Like a gradual decrease? Im not entirely sure how I feel about that. Might i ask what your mindset behind that is?

If Silencers are gear and you’re able to equip a second one during the match, this encourages you to be more selective with your shots. It’s also to approximate the way silencers become less effective as they get hot, try and encourage players not to use their automatics or you’d burn it out faster.

This way you’re making a micro choice about when to switch or you risk be Target Iso’d.

True but wouldnt that make them sorta pointless? If its not effective halfway through its hp then its useless as soon as it starts doing that (because its no longer reliable) though yes having a second one could mitigate that, I think the same effect is achieved by simply having it break. Not sure though.

I disagree based solely on the fact of ambush scout builds. 4-5 seconds is a lifetime of vulnerability for a hit and run style to take advantage of.

Explain

Scouts (think I’ve even seen elders do it to) can clear the map and hit the FT before they even make the first objective. Load in with suppressors expecting to take the objective quiet early only to get ambushed by a scout before you even get there. So it’s either sacrifice 30% damage and try to push back or take 4-5 seconds of vulnerability to drop the suppressor. In that time you take a full charged plasma and a wrist blade combo and your down a man on FT. At 30% it’s just too high i think. At 15-20% I think it’s still viable

Most of your concerns are about the game as is, rather than the game pending the full rework. While they are valid. Read the rest and you will likely see that these things arent gonna happen anymore.

True i haven’t gotten to the rest. I just think 30% is too steep overall.

The minigames might be fun, if the pred suffered some punishment for attacking you while you can’t fight back. Unless you expect teammates to guard you, then the ability to 1v1 the pred just means its a lose lose situation for the pred.

The objectives shouldn’t always take you everywhere. Then the pred can just camp and wait for the FT because they have to come to him eventually.

One guy putting all the bases on full alert seems drastic.

you want more health and ammo for the Ft?

There is no objective you can do to split the FT up as well as letting the last person alive finish the mission.

Sure, increase the time slightly. Too much and any harrying pred wins by time.

They removed the close infils to increase the mission time for a reason.

And the extract is random, so the pred won’t know where it is beforehand.

It looks like we’re getting it, though it does remove the Predator as something new if you mission is about them.

Sure, but any half way competent team will have no opposition for defend objectives. Listen to what Zeus says in the missions. “No one reported in so Hostiles are incoming” “Hacking tripped an alarm so expect incoming”

Knife takedowns are a waste, and your knife stun locks heavy enemies anyway.

With the heavy emphasis on stealth you have here, making a choice here seems drastic, or unnecessary, just have a silenced weapon and a non and your fine.

And now you made it all unnecessry because you can swap after the base is cleared out and have no issues at all.

Missions shouldn’t last that long for it to get there.

Almost perfect but missing one thing which makes this rework 95% on point for me…

@Lazycollinator I would suggest that you add something like this:

• RNG Function: Which can be applied to everything in game

• RNG Function for objectives: I talked about this before but many people found me crazy up until now when i told them that illfonic just does not realize how to deal with this CONCEPT for a game.
    But to get to the point --> The objectives should have an RNG system built around the objectives sort of like a RUBIX cube effect where it constantly pieces together different scenarios for a match so no match can be played the same way as you last one (both fireteam and predator players benefit from this).

This will also eliminate game mechanics abuse fireteam wise cause they won’t be able to predict where the helicopter lands for specific mission cause it would all be scrambled.