Rework Chapter 3: AI (WIP)

3. AI------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AI behavior

• All AI should be more accurate, and deal more damage. (should be dependent on AI faction)

• AI should have various FT detection levels (should be dependent on faction as well as class.)

• AI should try to take cover where available.

• AI should ignore predator when he is cloaked. They should have difficulty detecting the fireteam when they are mudded up. They should also ignore an uncloaked predator that is far away.

• AI should be unable to “detect” players through destructible wooden walls that have not been broken.

• When detecting a player, there should be a very short period of panic, before the AI alerts nearby allies. This is to give FT players a chance to recover if they are spotted.

• AI should no longer telepathically put all of The camps around the map on high alert. Only alarms and radio troopers should be able to Alert all camps.

• Enemies with radios should have an indicator above their head warning the FT that they are about to radio in the attack.

• Shots to unprotected AI heads should be a one shot kill no matter the range.

• AI should not react to bodies as unfortunately I doubt a body drag would ever be implemented. (However if it is, this point is void)

AI types

Enemies currently are designed to tank absolute crazy amounts of headshots, whilst also being extremely weak to body shots. Almost rewarding bad players for spraying at center of mass, and punishing good players who aim for the head. As it stands, there are several AI types that I can currently identify.

• No armor, no helmet Guerilla

• No armor, Ballistic mask Guerilla

• Vest, Half helmet Guerilla

• Vest, ballistic mask PMC

• Full Armor juggernaut PMC

• Full armor juggernaut, Ballistic Mask PMC

• Sniper (not sure if guerilla, or PMC, or both.)

I think the biggest Issue with the AI beefiness is the ballistic mask. Realistically, I think assault rifles and higher caliber weapons should penetrate it. But it will almost tank at least one shot before falling off. Far too many units have this. Once again, this is frustrating for people who aim for headshots. Here is a reshuffling of the AI units, as well as suggestions for new ones.

• Guerilla: No Armor, No helmet.

• Should have medium accuracy.

• Should be found only in patrols

• Should have low detection.

• Guerilla: Vest, No helmet.

• Should have medium accuracy

• Should have low detection.

• Guerilla: Vest, Open face Helmet, Radio Backpack.

• Should have low Detection.

• Guerilla: Sniper, Suppressor, Laser sight.

• Should have high accuracy

• Should have medium detection but longer range.

• PMC: Vest, Balaclava (no helmet).

• Should have medium detection

• PMC: Vest, Ballistic Mask, Radio Backpack.

• Should have medium Accuracy

• Should have medium detection

• PMC: Sniper, Suppressor, laser sight, thermal (should not detect cloaked pred because of thermal).

• Should have High Accuracy

• Should have High detection, but longer range.

• Should not be able to detect Mudded FT members.

• PMC: Full Juggernaut suit.

• Should have LMGs, Or minguns

• Should be extremely tanky

• should have High accuracy

• should have Low Detection

• Should be threatening enough to be priority targets.

AI spawns

• Guerillas:

• Should spawn in patrols around the map, and the run down shack villages.
  • Guerilla Snipers:

• Should spawn in sniper towers in between bases and villages
  • PMCs:

• Should spawn in research outposts
  • PMC snipers:

• Should spawn in base sniper towers
  • PMC Juggernauts:

• Should spawn only when alarms or radios are pulled.
  • Radio Troopers (Guerilla and PMC):

• Should spawn in very small quantities per are or patrol. (max 2 for outposts, max 1 for patrols).
3 Likes

I’m on board for all of this except for AI not reacting to bodies. A dead body out in the open should absolutely trigger a heightened alertness.

Though a body in a dense jungle area should be impossible for a NPC to notice unless they stumble directly upon them.

Damn Lazy you’re on a role.

Anything labeled placeholder is direct copied from the previous rework.

Hey alright!!! Your back at it.

I also agree the AI should ignore a cloaked Predator.

I think lazys looking a job 🙄🙄😂

Fuck you and the AI being more accurate recently they made them more accurate (patch1.16) and it seems they’ve upped the numbers again and it’s a fucking nuisance more fireteammates have died to AI in the last week then in the whole last month, you might know that if your playing regularly but your probably just trolling the forum rather then playing and posting shit ideas like this one, or the opposite is true you play alot and you want AI to do your work for you

Yes however as they are thet just stand and shoot you till they are dry. With them taking cover and radio calling they will have much more downtime. Also they will be a lot faster to kill as they wont be all tanking headshots anymore

1 Like

I suppose you have a pretty good point and perhaps my last statement was not quite spot on sorry but when I saw weak AI I’m like yeah right they’re ability to find you mixed with the fact that they soak you in bullets as both fireteam and predator, I used to say the AI weren’t a bother but as of late they’re almost as taxing as the predator sometimes. I dont feel they just materialize because I learned the spawn points in private matches but man they’re crazy accurate lately especially the damn snipers. Though I feel bugs and a map should take precedence this doesnt sound as bad the more I read

2 Likes

I don’t think they should be more accurate. I don’t remember them in the movie being all that effective.

I must be out of the loop because that makes no sense if one guy puts everyone on full alert.

They do, but cover isn’t everywhere.

Fine, ignore his cloak, ignore him in the distance, but prioritize him if he attacks. He’s far more threatening. And mudded up ft aren’t invisible and they do still stand out because mud does not equal camouflage.

I agree, walls shouldn’t be ingnored.

Sure, keep that in the game.

Its not telepathic, its loud gunshots echoing in the jungle and other people unable to get ahold of the dead guys.

Radios seem like a waste, even the ones we have.

Eh.

No. While this isnt splinter cell levels of stealth, you shouldn’t let people live long enough to react to bodies.

I’m not going to go over each individual AI, so overall its meh.

I do think we should have more AI types, about one for every FT weapon, so the preds need more than to hear what weapon is being used to find the FT. Pistols go to commanders, shotguns go to armoured units, smgs for bodyguards, assault rifles to the linemen, and snipers to the snipers. The FT should be able to pick out which gun an AI s holding by his look. (Ie the ghillie sniper has the saw, the PMC has the ZEN, and a third more base camoed has the other sniper.

And the ballistic helmet on some does not reward bas players for aiming at center mass. It rewards good players for being able to change their target depending on the enemy. Only bodyshots still chew through ammo, and only headshots will need to change their aim to not waste ammo.

Agree 100% no questions about it.