Samurai sword opinions?

I took a break, got sucked into Conan Exiles too, uhg. What a nightmare. I need to hunt again, and I see there are some new toys to rend and tear with!

PLEASE, give me your opinions or link to other relevant threads that describe how this fancy knife compares with what I’m used to(anything pre-samurai). Is it worth the effort? Is it just for style points? Share your feels

1 Like

I’m honestly biased, I love the samurai and his katana. Still gotta watch that parry though.

2 Likes

The Samurai Sword is great for baiting FT to use Syringes and can provide as it’s own decent damage dealing weapon.

First, you can execute a 3 Hit Light Combo by using the normal attack button (R2 on Ps4)

However, you can execute a 2 Hit Heavy Combo by using the Alt attack button (L2 on Ps4). The first hit of this method is a forward lunge, a very effective distance closer between you and a FT Member.

A little known secret is that if you have the Stamina, you can go R2, R2, L2, L2 for a utterly devastating Combo.

To make this weapon even that much more of a powerhouse, group this weapon up with the City Hunter, and you already have a DOT (Damage over Time) bulid with your Wrist Launcher, Katana, and Plasma Pistol for quick hits that require range.

2 Likes

Also forgot to mention, it has Damage over Time through bleeding, so combine that with Fearless and have fun with caution.

1 Like

= massive damage lol and syrette baiting ect 😂

Melee bad and elder sword has better dps & is harder to parry anyways

The Katana is an excellent weapon both for style and for damage.

Because half of its damage output on any given swing is bleed damage, it doesn’t benefit much from Fearless. This means that Katana builds do not require fearless to be effective compared to the Elder Sword.

Don’t get me wrong, Elder Sword has the highest sustained DPS of any weapon in the game, but the Katana gives you extended reach and an extra margin of safety that really favors hit and run.

And since its been awhile since you’ve come back:
All Predator weapons are currently very competitive options except the Warclub–which continues to be a meme.

3 Likes

The katana is a formidable weapon.

I haven’t played since the patch before City Hunter released (so like 1.14) but I remember the katana being pretty damn good minus some tracking issues that I think the City Hunter patch fixed. Here’s a post talking about the katana’s damage:

1 Like

Samurai has a rly high dps. Definitly meta though (or as meta as a melee weapon can be considering melee is garbage) other people still think the elder sword is better.

Weabo nonsense.

FT slaying beast