Suggestion for a new game mode? Hear me out 😁

I’m no game developer by any stretch, but I was casually pulling a spine out (as you do, Preds are such romantics) and a rush of thought went over me for an “Endless” sort of mode.

The Pred player is dropped into a random map alongside 4 FT members as per.
However, there’s no timer and no reinforcements (at least not in the traditional sense the game has adopted thus far)
Instead each FT member has only a single life, with the trade off for the allowance of being incapacitated more additional times.
Upon a FT member’s death they are given a results screen and are welcomed back to the main menu. The additional survivors continue to fight on and the matchmaking system soon drops another FT unit(s) in to fill in the ranks.
Players can keep joining until the Predator is successfully defeated.

The more previous FT members the Pred has killed, the more rewards the active team gets when they defeat him.
Would include a leaderboard for the Pred featuring the amount of time survived/FT members killed, alongside the FT member’s name who ultimately killed that Predator

A “Claims” system for the Predator could allow him a supply drop once a certain threshold of trophies has amassed, full claims being of course worth more

I feel there’s many things that could be exploited to some extent in this mode if overlooked, however I feel it would also eliminate to some degree Pred wait queues and both improve the general skill level of Predator and FT players whilst being pretty intense 😁

4 Likes

Honestly I feel like the game should have been like this from the start to some extent.

Forgive me for posting this for the 11,000th time lol. Also post ideas in the feedback section, The devs are more likely to see them there.

Good ideas overall though. Keep it up

1 Like

Nothing wrong with reposting to promote your ideas man 🙂

I’m staying positive and holding onto hope that a few months from now with some TLC this game will be an absolute beast.
There’s so much potential, and I hope they make the most of the IP in front of them 😁

Thanks man, I’ve had a quick look through yours aswell and I have to say you have some great ideas yourself 🙂

1 Like

And also thanks for the recommendation of which section to post in 😝

1 Like

Absolutely dude! We just gotta keep up the pressure. Its not just about putting your ideas out there, there are so many that people are gonna skip them most of the time. So bump constantly. if they keep seeing it in their front page, people will start looking and discussions will be made.!

and dont forget about the shameless plugs like the one I just pulled here XD

Hell I go so far as to go to complaint posts, and if I feel like I fixed an issue in my rework, Ill quote that shit and throw it in there lol.

1 Like

This sounds fucking dope. I love survival modes.

2 Likes

All of us, devs included, (…hopefully 😅) just want this to be the best it can be

I feel you’d be a good upseller with that determination 😂

Hopefully we get something 🤞🏻😋

1 Like

Honestly its not even determination. Its just fun when people Do or dont like things in the guide.

When they do its satisfying because it means that I had enough forsight that I am not just creating “My” game. Im creating a better game for all of us.

When They dont, it almost always leads to a good argument. (well good for me at least) because its usually either a slaughter because I have a counter change, for nearly every change I make to try and maintain balance. But if they actually do make an argument that I cant counter, it leads to new ideas for shit that should be changed or fixed in the guide.

As you can see its 26 days old, and gone through about 35 edits so far. So while part of it is the advertising and such. The other part really is the discussions that it creates that really make it fun to do.

Also thinking about it a bit more, with no objectives or anything I wonder if it would actually be better to have a game mode like this be larger than 1v4.

Seeing as personally this is basically the equivalent to a game mode based on “Predators”, I would say that a 3v(8 or 12) would be extremely interesting.

The trophy claims system would also be interesting here because while all of the predators are on the same side, they will all be competing to make those claims.

edit

as for the airdrops system, while I like this idea, I dont think that more players should be dropped in at random. While I would have to really think on it a bit to come up with maybe a somewhat fair way that the game determines when it should drop in more players,

I really do like the idea of the game going for as long as the players survive. But there needs to be a way for pred to exfiltrate a mission like that, if its going to be endless, as not everyone has the time to go until death, and having to die just to get out of the game would also be a pain.

Edit 2

A dlc with this game mode free, and a pack of paid super predator variants of all the pred classes (Berz hunter scout) would be sick.