Think im done till next patch....

Its not us using potato mode it’s just generally easy to see pred. And to shoot him as well on pc. Think, we have entire mouse pads while PS users are limited to small joystick.

1 Like

So if it was you, can you explain your side? Do you guys run potatoe mode? Is it just easy to see the pred for you?

Did they just not move well?

Cause its extremely suspicious that only pc players seem to always be able to see pred. I know some of you on pc might be pretty good, but not all of you.

So mind telling your side?

2 Likes

I would also like to know 😐

1 Like

Oh but on mouse you can easily overshoot too. I know. Cause I see it all the time.

If you arent using potatoe mode then pred Being easy to see needs to be fixed.
It could also be that you guys have just memorized typical/good spots.

But if its as you said, then it really needs to be fixed so these poor pc preds get to experience what the game is supposed to be like.

1 Like

The only thing is that the game is just ported over from PS to PC it’s not optimized. So PC has to run lower setting just to get smooth game play. I know I run all my settings on medium apart from view distance. Some people on PC if they try and play need to run on the lowest because of it just being ported over. So you might run into some PC people that are doing it unintentionally.

I run on pc and while I potato on most graphics, I have my shadows on medium to avoid any possible exploitation that might entail as others have suggested.

However I can explain to you why most PC players can so easily abuse spotting. Ironically I dont think spotting in the game is the issue. Its the fact that as pred you cant even get close to a PC player without giving away your location. I will try to explain to you some counters to pc players as pred though as well.

First, how do I find pred as FT

-Headphones. I know it sounds simple but the clicking that pred makes is so damn clear at almost any time, that I can not only tell which direction its from, but also how far away he is.

-M+KB I think this one is a given but playing on M+KB means we have a much easier time scanning the environment, and especially the trees.

-Screens. PC players play on a screen in most cases, that is inches from their face. PS4 players are likely playing on a TV across their living room in most cases. This means that PC players have a lot less trouble spotting predator when hes in the trees, even if hes on the other side of the map…

-Low graphics. Assuming the rumors are true, PC players can abuse the graphics to do two things. Low effects means smoke grenades dont work at all. The smoke doesnt appear for us. Low shadows means you are never truly invis as pred.

-Blood. If you are injured as pred, and you are bleeding, A pc player is gonna spray the air above the blood stain to make sure you arent standing still invis. Sometimes this blood can be seen through the roof of buildings

-and with all of those, comes spotting. Spammed on you every time you make a move.

So bearing all of that in mind, how can you counter this as predator?

1. Use cloak sparingly. You only make clicky noises when you are cloaked. Otherwise pred shuts the fuck up. This means that the only audio you will be making while you are in the trees, is whatever movement you are doing.

2. Move slowly, or not at all. If you are in the trees above the fireteam, crouch on the branch, stand still, observe. dont make any noise. wait for them to pass, then start moving.

3. Mobility. The exact opposite. If shit hits the fan, turn on your cloak and start hopping all around eratically. Even hopping back over the fireteam behind them and running the other way. This will throw them off.

4. Standing still cloaked. It wont work on all fireteams, but as long as they dont get a hitmarker spraying at you, it will fool most of them. Just make sure you arent bleeding, and you dont do it a lot.

1 Like

I run on ultra/high settings at 1080. I can’t say anything really other than it’s extremely easy to see a moving predator cloaked or not. And the predator is so nerfed we usually will lose 1 out of 20-30 matches in a whole night. It’s rediculous

2 Likes

U we’re typing for the longest time but you always have some long essay to write that helps a lot I read it over and thanks for the tips against pc lmao

1 Like

Damn.

No problem man. The more we help each other out the better the game will get over time!

2 Likes

Completely agree I can’t wait what lies in the future if they sticc with caring for the game!

Why do people keep posting that they are leaving?

No one gives a shit whether you stay or go…

1 Like

Why do you post saying you dont care? No one gives a fuck about you.

3 Likes

Because people care about the core idea of the game, and how much potential it has.

However unforutnately, It doesnt even get close to reaching its potential as a predator game. It feels very half assed. Both casuals and hardcore gamers feel this way.

Every single person posting about their leaving, is a plead for illfonic to really take the time and flesh out the game we have, instead of keeping us busy with skins and distracting us with the nostalgia we have for the franchise.

2 Likes

Hm. I see. Thanks. I’m getting from people that its honestly just easy to see pred on pc. But I also had to ask if it’s the pred players not moving well, as well as if you guys memorized typical/good spots.

Because knowledge goes a loooong way.
It really needs to be fixed.

Cause on ps4 a full team will have an easy time too.
But it’s more just cause how squishy pred is.

1 Like

Yeah I know optimization is a prob on pc.
Really hope it gets fixed.
Thanks for responding, I’m just tryna get an idea here as to wtf the prob is lol.

Did ya read what I said? lol

I outlined pretty much everything I can as a pc player

Well, I completely understand headsets, that’s not unique to pc, I love my turtle beaches.

But then this just means they really need to work on fixing this visibility with cloak issue.

Spotting isn’t the prob its visibility.

Oh on a side note. I like the sounds I make when I’m near ft. Grawlclikclikguuurr. Lol

1 Like

Yeah I did. Thanks man, all the info helps.

1 Like

yeah, thats why even though most people are against it, I really think the cloak needs to maintain invisibility while crouch walking or even moving branch to branch. That alone will significantly help predator relocate without the ft following him the whole way.

HOWEVER. Another thing that is needed for sure, is way for pred to TELL when he is invisible completely.

That would clear up a ton of confusion I would imagine

2 Likes