Top 5 Sci-Fi movies?

I liked Arrival as well

1. Predator (pred87, pred 2010, avp 1, avp2, pred 2)
  2. Lucy 2014
  3. Transcendence
  4. Battleship
  5. Transformers

Generally i have a lot more on the list and they can hardly be comparedā€¦ cause each one of them has unique imprint on my brain that i loved about them xd

1 Like

You could easily swap T2 with Total Recall. For the story.

1. Interstellar
  2. Blade Runner 2049
  3. Prometheus
  4. Annhiliation
  5. Star Wars (Episode III: Revenge of the Sith)
1 Like
  1. Star Wars- obviously this one had to make my list. Itā€™s a no brainer.

2. Alien- a classic sci-fi horror. Definitely had to include it.

3. Predator- this one is a bit of a stretch depending on which one youā€™re talking about but Iā€™ll include it anyway because though thereā€™s very few, the sci-fi aspects of it are intriguing.

4. Prometheus- While the movie was okay at best I put it on here because the idea fascinating. Hopefully theyā€™ll get to expand on the engineers story and lore in the future.

5. Doctor Who- alright Iā€™m kind of cheating here with this one. While not quite a movie unless you include the mediocre ones, it made such a huge impact and is still going 50+ years later. Definitely had to include it.

1 Like

Man of culture.

The special effects/creature design in district 9 will age like fine wine and people will look back on it like the jurassic park of the time. Everyone memory holed it because Avatar came out the same year & bugs are icky gross etc but its like the only sci-fi that features aliens the whole damn movie in broad daylight. Easy cult classic material. Neil Blomkamp is a great visual effects guy but hasnā€™t been able to recapture lightning in a bottle. District 9 was supposed to be Halo at one point though, and the man got screwed over when they were considering him for an Alien movie.

And Blade Runner 2049 > Blade Runner

1 Like

Alien
The thing
Interstellar
Guardians of the galaxy
The matrix

2 Likes

Cant beat that, 100% agreed.

To be honest with my picksā€¦ I dont prefer sci fi movies after 2005. CGI ruined so many movies

I canā€™t just pick 5

Akira
Under the skin
Transformers animated movie
The void
Blade runner

2 Likes

But where is the sequel !?

17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58

Development hell

Iā€™m surprised nobody chose ā€œthe last star fighterā€

Hot take but Interstellar was lame. Love transcends time and space yadda yadda wormhole in my daughters bookshelf.
Cool soundtrack though.

Life (2017) deserves to replace everyones Interstellar vote.

I dont think Iā€™ve seen that one now that you mention it.

Another one that I really enjoy is Innerspace.

Itā€™s worth a watch. On of the best 80s movies. Right up there with ā€œEnemy Mineā€.

Oh man! Enemy Mine!

I was so young when I watched that but I remember it being good as well.

Time for a re watch =)

1 Like

Also, Invaders From Mars.

ā€¦should have made it a top 10 list lol.

1 Like