What makes hunter and their clones a good class?

1310hp rather than being at 1250 so he even has more hp than samurai does

It’s close. Samurai has 1350, so just slightly more HP. Since explosive damage always does full damage, I just take the perspective that the “bigger” predators are more “resistant” to explosive damage.

As said from the others, the Hunter is perfectly balanced, and so the more efficient

but City Hunter is probably stronger in my opinion.

Than taste comes into play, for example I love to use Falconer and Exile more than him, but doesn’t makes them stronger even if I’d might used them better than if I used Hunter itself.

1 Like

images (7)

Because vs good premade fts they do tend to outperform the other classes.

1 Like

Very well balanced class, with potential to be costumized to your liking - its default and a good start to the game so all new players will use it as well

Hunter is the visual appreciation of the original predator from the film nothing more.
There is no other reason sometimes for me to use his class other than this reason because everything else looks so different (apart from scout).
Him, Elder and Captured are clearly identical in form and possibly in stats.

In my opinion, is not really the “Hunters are best,” but the “Heavy” predators are immobile and don’t have much extra health. It’s the stamina regeneration rate and damage resistances that matter most. High level predator players will probably have similar success with both “Light” and “Hunter” type predators.

Stamina Regeneration
Compared to the “Hunter” variants, the “Heavy” predators such as Cleo, Samurai, Viking, and Berserker all have 10% slower stamina regeneration while Berserker and Viking have 15% less total stamina pool and Cleo and Samurai have about 8.7% less. The regeneration rate has the biggest impact on the availability of leaps/min. That’s why they can barely outrun Scouts and Recon in second wind, and are, therefore, easy to capture.

Health
Compared to the “Hunter” variants, the “Heavy” predators have similar health and the “Light” predators don’t have much less health due to bullet damage resistance. Compared to “Hunter’s” effective health, Scout 18% less health, Exile 10.4% less health, Alpha 8% less health, Valkyrie 3% less health, and Berserker/Viking 11% more health, Cleo 7.5% more health, and Samurai <1% more health. Since most predators have very similar health, there isn’t much to gain from being “tanky,” and only Scout suffers significantly from having very little health.

Solution IMO

1. Remove all bullet damage resistance
  2. Increase all predator health by 150
  3. Make all stamina regeneration rates standard to Hunter’s at 135 stamina/sec
  4. Increase the variance in stamina pool by increasing “Light” predator stamina pool and decreasing “Heavy” predator stamina pool.

Overall, melee balance change

1. REDUCE the damage of slam by 75%, but, also, REDUCE the animation time by 50% and ADD a stun that locks rotation speed to 90 degrees/sec for 2 seconds.

@Kassinaillia
@OldKingHamlet

I get it. Significant balance changes aren’t going to happen, but it’s nice to dream of what could have been.

1 Like

Valkyrie > All

Especially considering health to mobility ratio and access to both Fervent and Ghost.

Absolutely

Yautja don’t use cloning Technology, your just stereotyping that all Yautja Hunters look the same 😕

It’s all about the balance. CH is the best of the Hunter class, but they’re solid and dependable all the way around. Before Valkyrie became the insane OP meta she is, Hunters represented 1 of 2 things…
1.) A very dangerous player who wants to keep FT in the dark about their skill level. Or…
2.) A new player.
And you never knew what you were going to get until the meat & potatoes of the match.
If someone used Elder, you knew they were to be taken seriously. If someone used Berserker, it was a good bet they were overconfident (back in the day. Now I’ve seen some very good Berserkers these days. Players have learned how to use them.).
Hunters had that mystery about them.
I use every class myself, to keep it interesting and keep both myself and FTs on our toes.

SCOUT PRED BEST PRED!!!
@REYNOSO_FUA11
The Humblest will agree and his word is Law as is the decree of he who is Humblest 😆

But in all seriousness it’s (Hunter) just a SOLID class all together if it had any of the other damage Specs it would be broken Buuuuuut its also, as said before, the default class so its the basis of everyone’s comparison because we all had to play it first (unless you went straight to a DLC Pred.)
And as the first Pred played usually it also has alot of everyones best early memories of playing the game and starting the climb and feeling it out ect. Which is IMO why its so highly regarded as "Best"
Personally I’ve been an Elder/Scout main pretty much the whole time, well at least since he (Elder) dropped that is, but I also use a Tactician build on my Hunter and win or lose I just like to be a jerk and trap and net the FT constantly 😆😂

1 Like

City hunter best

1 Like

Nope! 😂😆 but I appreciate your enthusiasm

City hunter best

Scout is way under him

1 Like

Not for me, CH is cool and all but I’ve got Analytic and Disciplined on Scout and the speed and stamina for days! 😆 and I’m probably wrong about this but at least to me I feel like they make less noise all together compared to the others, or maybe I just like to think so who knows but yea…
Scout Pred Best Pred 👍😎👍

If it’s not scout then it ain’t worth shit.

1 Like

GODDAMN RIGHT!!!

1 Like