what’s the purpose of damn war club and elder sword

Combo stick to OP making the other melees not even worth a try and ideas on how to fix it?

Elder sword is actually good… It deals motst dmg combo

3 Likes

I think the club is the strongest but u can only hit a drunk with it, the sword I really love have to give anther go now after what u said

The animation they have is what makes them useless. Damage is fine though. Just filler weapons.

Elder sword needs a bleed effect and club needs a weapon malfunction effect or something. Just my thoughts.

3 Likes

ok so first
all weapon dmg stats

this is the dmg stats for all the weapons in the game

2nd atm the club is a worthless weapon it is a waste of a slot and you have no reason to equip it over other weapons it’s dmg is mediocre and it’s speed is slow enough every class of fireteam can backpedal and never be hit by it
the sword however only suffers from bad tracking forcing you to walk inbetween swings also if fireteam jumps at all they will dodge the sword swings so theres that.

Club is for memes. You swap weapons to queue up the last hit in the combo and wack people in bear traps in slow motion with the uppercut for half their hp.

Fun but terrible.

You mean ANOTHER EXPLOIT ;)

Already been said but Elder Sword isn’t bad. Just doesn’t have the range or utility(throw) of the combi-stick, but is faster and actually does more damage. I use it along with the bow on my hunter as I’m not trying to melee more than one fireteam member at a time, so the range I don’t need and since I’m leaping directly behind them for a few quick strikes and escaping I find the Elder Sword a lot more effective. I do miss being able to throw the spear for that massive damage though. As for the animations/attack tracking being weird…idk, I definitely felt that about it for a while. Lately however, I haven’t found it to be a problem. At least, no more than any of the other Predator melee weapons in the game. I think you just need to a) get used to how it swings, and b) be very deliberate with it. Don’t just spam the attack key, make sure you’re intending every attack with it.

I actually really like the spear on my Scout Pred. I don’t even melee with it. Just leap in behind, throw for massive damage, leap away, hit with a few more arrows, circle back to get the spear and repeat. Works really well…I wonder if the downrange perk effects the spear throw? And it’s nice to have the option to throw as a parry counter if I do melee with the Scout, as hangin around for a melee contest isn’t gonna work well.

War club is bullshit yeah. Which is a shame becasue I love the idea of it, but it’s currently useless except against the dumbest noobs.

Elder sword I think is enough powerful.but. War club too slow. If war club have a buff I think will better.if not combistick will be first choice in even games

I’d love for you to explain how queuing melee hits is an exploit and why you feel this way.

It was a joke i thought that the caps plus smiley face would have been enough xD

AAAAA

Like that idea with bleed effect from elder sword. Club should stun em good.

True its posted. Inmo a 3 hit war club should do 180 dmg 40 40 then 100

They need to add a pc type weapon selector… the wheel sucks.

Combi should be 35 35 50 50
Claw should be 40 40 40
Disk is fine at 125
Bow is fine due to 3 shot arrow spam on downed target
Plasma caster should be 170 dmg on full charge in return smaller radius on splash.

These changes alone would make predator a feared individual and stop ft from /hunting the predator /

Invisibility is to ez to see while predator ids in the distance of fog. Its like a smoky blur.

To those playing vs fts and having issues… go to camps and look for medikits and blow them up