What would you nerf in FT?

If you build on realism, then when the alien is transparent, you will not distinguish the moment of impact and you will not be able to parry it at all. If a predator attacks in a state of visibility, then you will not be able to pair it, well, try for example to repulse a blow of a sledgehammer with a knife. Knife fight in reality - it is possible to fend off when the opponent delivers a cutting biting blow with the same quick blow. If a quick blow is delivered by something more severe, then an attempt to repel it with a knife will result in either a hand injury or the knife will fly out of it, or if you apply force to hold the knife, then you will not have enough parry speed.

So I think parry is complete nonsense and game needs some else mechanics, but not parrying with a tiny knife, cuz it’s looks really weird. Just remember first two movies about predator - nobody could parry nothing (Billy, King Willy, Jerry).

Of course we’re not basing everything off of realism, if we did then the Predator would be unstoppable. Most weapons would be a one-shot kill then.

You’re right about parry being nonsense. I think Illfonic just wanted to have the game out in April while everyone was under lockdown and more people would want to try it out, and a delay would risk pushing the game past that period.

Ahem predator hasn’t won in a single movie its been in cough. cant even win a swordfight cough

First time read swordfish lol

Falconer only had the Wrist Blade in that fight. If he had the arsenal of the Predators from this game, he’d have torn the Yakuza to shreds. Hell just the Plasma Caster would be enough.

I think the only thing that really needs ‘nerfing’ is how quickly the Fireteam can blow through the mission and evac. The devs’ balance tweaks seems to indicating that they’re going for a war of attrition style between the two teams, but as it stands the FT can get through the mission so quickly that they’re never really in any danger of actually running out of anything. This encourages the Predator player into all-or-nothing attacks because if they actually try and stalk the FT and chip away at them they’ll be at the chopper before any serious lasting damage is done. This is also exacerbated by the reinforcement system bringing back players with all of their starting equipment, which ironically means that losing members actually makes the FT stronger in the long run.

Making the missions longer would make managing the FT’s supplies actually meaningful because it introduces the possibility of actually running out of stuff, while also giving the Predator more time to harass the FT and identify good openings for attacks instead of going YOLO as soon as the tiniest opportunity presents itself.

1 Like

Used the 2XL today (PS4) and a Hunter with combi was running me down. I got it into SW with 1 full revolver clip or what’s it called on a revolver.
I understand that the 2XL was made to put wholes into the Predator’s health, but wow.
I mean, some guns should be powerful but with downsides, and they should make an impact , but holy crap dude… and everuthing happened in 5 secs nonetheless.

I think the ft and the predator are both close to balance unless the ft Is exceptionally good, the only thing I’d change really is delay the ability to call an evacuation until the end game clock strikes 0, then the ft has 5:00 to reach a random location for pickup.

This would allow for more in-depth ft missions and give the predator some extra time to play without rushing in.

Nerf? You mean buff?

Marking of cloaked predators as a result of spam spotting - this shit needs to go!

post one vid of your game play. just one. (and I mean your actual game play not some random shit you posted from someone else like you normally do).

One video, with your name in the player list.

or just keep on trollin

Could’ve just DM’d me and asked for my IGN like a normal human being you spazz.

Your rework guide blows… no offense

Care to explain why? :)

You not gonna like what I say
Game is better now… your implementation of recon and scout suck…
Scout should not be faster than any predator class
Recon should not have anything to do with speed
Magazine sizes are fine
The only things i would change is spotting puts a marker in that location but doesnt highlight the predator
With all the heals perks and awareness as of right now you can make it to the helo as ft

I play ft and find it very ez to vs a predator. The point of the ft is to stay together vs the most fiered hunter. Not be some glorified xmen with 35mph running speed.

The facts are ft op still. Your changes are to much and in favor of ft. I believe fts should be able to punish bad predator plays. For ed class weapon loadouts fix balance issues

My changes are too much in favor of fireteam?

I would say its the opposite.

First of all lets talk about the scout/recon. They are faster than a predator that is spamming melee, not a predator that is sprinting. This means that they can technically outrun every weapon other than the combi stick, But they dont have the stamina to do so for long.

Reduced magazine sizes for certain weapons is warranted based on the damage they deal, this is why the hammer currently has 20-40 round mags as well. But I havent done all the weapon testing I would like to so I wont speak much more about that

Spotting doesnt highlight pred unless he is visible. with my changes a good pred could remain visible pretty much infinitely until he attacks.

Alright now lets get into why you are wrong, and ft is actually getting the short end of the stick here besides the points I just made.

• Ft has slower map traversal

• Ft has less stamina

• Ft cannot accurately track predator by sound

• Ft cannot reliable see predator until he makes a move

• Ft can be stealth killed by predator if they stand still, meaning they can die for free

• Ft cannot be reinforced

• Ft helicopter can be shot down, forcing them to survive for 10 extra minutes

Etc.

Predator will be far stronger, in how he controls the map, but he wont be able to straight up walk into a team anymore and melee spam them all to death.

These changes will allow the FT to punish bad predator plays much harder, whilst letting predator actually have some control of the game for once.

1 Like

I dont have issues winning as predator at all. And vs premate pc fireteams its over 50 percent and you want to nerf ft?

You just said FT is op, so which is it? make up your mind.

Ive designed it so that while yes pred is op, he can fuck up hard and get deleted.

Ive designed it so that FT has to survive, not win. Thats the point

Ive designed it so that if they do win, they are greatly rewarded

Ive designed it to be funner than just predator jumping into the fireteam and slapping them all down repeatedly.

1 Like

Heres my testing 125 dmg disc on multi targets 113 dmg bow 150 dmg full plasma cast. I dont use melee vs pc fireteams cause youll get parried. The only thing i want changed is melee on the predator to track where i want it to… lock on sucks and spottig to just mark location but its unlimited.