Your Predator Background

I just remembered, I do have a short vid (5 minutes) about my Alpha Pred.
For like 10-15 sec intro, I’ve spent around 3 hrs making and editing it.
Outro took less, but I think it looks cool tho.

The story for this Alpha Predator that I had in mind while making this vid was.

Alpha Predator (Cain) came to Earth thousands years ago and was worshiped like a God by an ancient civilization. He taught them how to build, hunt and thus, the civilization prospered. It was probably so advanced, that it surpassed every other at that time.

Noone really knew much about Cain, why he came here, why he showed compassion to certain humans and taught them much of what he knew.

One thing is for certain tho, he was a God to them, they’ve build pyramids in his name.
After some time, in order to cheat death, old age and time itself, Cain went to the cryo sleep, this time on Earth, but not everything went as it should.

Thousands of years later, two Fireteams came to where this ancient civilization was in search of
The Ancient One, Cain, looking for an alien technology and when they came into his pyramid, they woke him up from his cryo sleep, without knowing and they paid with their lives.

4 Likes

YO! That was sick! I want to do editing like that so bad but don’t have anything good to do that, all I can do is photoshop.

1 Like

Mass Effect would be interesting, then again might be bc I love that game and can’t wait for the new gam to come out

3 Likes

Being good in Photoshop is a skill too, PS isn’t easy to master, that’s for sure.
Thanks for the feedback, I’m glad you liked it.
Usually ppl on Reddit are always like “man you just killed them fast” or “average gameplay, nothing interesting” etc. And that’s cool, everyone has their own opinion and I respect that.

But literally nobody says something along your lines like “good edit” etc.
So recently I just stopped spending hours and hours on editing my vids.
I still edit them, just not like this one. Just putting transition here and there to make it smooth or cut stuff to shorter the length of the video. Cause some vids can go up to 10GB which takes alot of time to upload them.

1 Like

Yeah but doing what that was, I’d kill for that kind of skill. Also yeah I think you did a awesome job with the editing, just my opinion but if you have anyway to make a video better then it is, then I’d capitalize on that constantly bc that’s all that matters that being entertainment.

Also can we talk more about your Pred? I’m actually interested in your design choice.

I completely agree with you bro. I’m all about making a good entertaining vid, with some nice intro, outro and editing in the game. It takes alot of time to make something if you start from zero. Like if I wanna make a nice looking 10 sec intro, I’m actually gonna spend hours on making it. It is pretty on the eyes when it’s done, but only I know the pain of making it. :)

Sure, fire away, ask whatever you want.

Btw I’ve updated that post where the vid is, I did some backstory on my Pred. I’m no novel writer or something but it’s there. :)

1 Like

Okay first question being even though it’s a Alpha Predator, what were you going for with the mask and war paint? Was it visually appealing to you or did you have more going on? As for the war paint I can see you use black which is a unique choice for a shiny mask which leads me to believe it to actually be rust but I could be wrong.

1 Like

For some reason, I like the Ravager mask the most. I don’t know the reason why, but in my opinion, that’s how the Pred mask should look, alien and other wordly, but kinda scary at the same time.

I really like how the Alpha looks, his design is awesome, totally different from any Predator I’ve seen before.

I had a black silver version, I could probably dig up a screenshot from my laptop, but after sometime, it wasn’t that original to me, in my opinion. So I wanted to make a black version.

There’s black skin color for Alpha > check
Black shader for his armor > check

When it came to the mask itself, ofc, there are no black shaders for it, so I was thinking, I could make something even better than 100% black mask. So I’ve bought that 25k shader, slapped on the mask and I still wasn’t pleased with it. So for a fact I know that skull warpaint is huge on any mask, I’ve used it before.

So at that point, I was thinking, what would look like if I just messed around with darker colors, dark grey, grey, black and that’s how I got it.

Ravager mask with Systemic shader with black skull. The efect was as you’ve seen it, mostly black mask with some reds and dark green accents.

On the plus side, when you’re in the dark place, like caves on Excavation and your Pred is all black, it’s actually hard for FT to see you, so beside the looks, it has it’s perks. :)

1 Like

My Predators name is Harvey. He was pushed just over the edge and now uses chance to inflict his twisted sense of justice.

Is his surname Dent?

Couldn’t resist. xD

3 Likes

🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Yes, yes it is

1 Like

Hult’ah Is my Favorite.
But That’s also because he’s the only one I can use right now.

Hult’ah, Or Lookout; called by his Unit.
Is as his name is given.
His Objective is to scope out their Hunting grounds for Food, Information, and Humans.
His tasks range from food hunting to Testing the Wits of humans.
And, often wont engage directly.
But Set traps, and “toy” with the humans.
Testing their intelligence and Loyalty to each other.

In the end, he brings this information back to the Ship.
Giving the Results to his Leader N’ithya Thwei.

If Hult’ah kills a human, it’s always a “Test Gone Wrong”, or “It was just Prey, and never Worthy”.

Da’cjit however, is sent into the Jungle to clear humans away from an area.
By any means, and has permission to hunt and claim those that would be worthy.
But Da’cjit’s main object to his Unit is to ensure no one finds their ship, or tech without punishment.

Da’cjit and Hult’ah have a thin Relationship.
As Hult’ah sees some of Da’cjits methods to be growing Erratically Violent and careless.
Hult’ah goes far enough to say Honor less.

While N’ithya, as the well seasoned Predator of this Unit.
Puts the two together, constantly.
Encouraging team work.
Having already clarified that their boiling blood for each other will get them killed.
Since, their Real Objective in the Jungle is to Lay and Wait for a Bad Blood lurking there.
They are to kill this Bad Blood and Retrieve the Stolen Tech in their possession.
Then Return to the Clans Ship.

(Sadly haven’t come up with the name for the Clan yet, ontop of - I haven’t made the Bad Blood Yet either)

But the Clan Dons the Colors of various lime greens, moss greens and military greens, with Golds, Silvers, and Dull Reds.
N’ithya represents more Respected Season Predators.
While Da’cjit is closer to feisty Young Bloods.
Often Wrapping their Predlocks up high in “buns, and tails”.
Hult’ah is fresh from the Clan, and has yet to don anything to sport their Traditions.

One thing I wish I could add to the Clans look is Feathers.
Since this Clan has a strong Traditions with Scars and Feathers.

(This was fun)

4 Likes

I’m so glad you had fun with this, THIS WAS AWESOME TO READ! I love all of their roles but most importantly their thoughts towards one another for it gives them much more character. I can’t wait to hear what clan name you give.

2 Likes

Alpha Predator is by far one of the most appealing towards design for it is so other worldly and nomadic you can’t help but fear it in some way. I also have to agree with you that his dark armor and skin gives it almost a much more evil look to him. I will say good job and actually here is my Alpha Predator as this was my build in making a Oni Predator

2 Likes

This is Eldritch.
You don’t know him and can’t know him. Even among the various clans of Yautja, he is but a legend; a whisper around tribal fires burning on various hunting grounds.
He is old, very old. In fact some say he died long ago.
The stories tell of one who always attempted the most fearsome hunts, limiting himself to nothing but bone blades as weapons. He wore the scars of past encounters. Saurian had thrashed him, bipeds had shot him, xenos had ripped him. But he always won…always survived, and his trophy wall was immense. More than the spines and skulls, the trophies he wore on his flesh meant the most to him. Scars and burns from ages of hunts.

The stories told that this one lived so long, and survived so many hunts, that he eventually became bored, and went off on his own,to find the secrets of the universe.

Nothing has been heard of him since, but on occasion stories circulate again, about one so ancient that his skin has paled to almost transparent, and those who claim to have seen him say that although his legs move, it’s as if he is gliding above the terrain; more spirit than flesh. It is difficult to know if the moonlight is reflecting off his pale skin or rather he glows in the darkness.

Some say he still lives.
Some say he inhabits the pole region of the home planet.
Some even say he, in his spirit form, is with every Hunter on every hunt.

While nobody can be sure, the stories told indicate that if you remain still… so still and quiet, holding your own breath to listen, you will hear him moving around you. Not quite footsteps and not quite a breeze, but a mix between the two.
Listen.
Listen again.
Can you hear him?

2 Likes

Hopefully one day.
I really want the name to Represent their Perspective of Honorable Kills to Traditional Ideals.
Since I believe every Yautja Clan is slightly Different in Tech use, what can be used and when, to How they dress and what is Traditional to them.

2 Likes

@NomadClan
You do DnD!
Ive been looking to try and get into DnD

1 Like

I’m not any good or anything like that, it’s more so my friends set the whole thing up bc I’m fairly new 😅😅😅😅