A Possible Fix for Snipers

Everybody knows that the snipers (cough cough SAW-Z) does a shit ton of damage in this game. But I don’t think that’s a bad thing per se. What I DO think is bad is the fact that they do a shit ton of damage from close and far. A pred can be should from across the map and still take like 1/5 of their health bar with the right setup. So a simple fix (At least for the SAWZ and maybe the other snipers too) is to just give it a pretty hefty falloff after like 100 meters. This could be tweaked obviously, but I think it would be cool and prevent Predators from dying before they even reach a sniper death squad. Up close it would still be a powerhouse, just not from all ranges, Ya know?

1 Like

I agree with this. I think 15% reduction per 50m would be better for the SAWZ50.

2 Likes

It’s a sniper. These guns are literally designed to do their maximum amount of damage at longer ranges. They are not close range weapons, if you’re engaging in close range warfare with a sniper you’re already dead. These things are designed to blow holes in people’s torsos or blast their heads into mush from like 500 metres away. This suggestion not only goes against the real world design of the weapon but also the intended gameplay use of them. Stupid suggestion, next thread.

8 Likes

It’s a sniper rifle, working as intended.

3 Likes

Wtf lmaooooo…do you even know what a sniper rifle is or is capable of doing?

It’s a sniper riffle dude! These maps are too small to even consider bullet drop from a .50

3 Likes

If anything make them way less accurate at Hip Fire! And if anything take away hit scan and put bullet physics. But thats another one topic in general!!

Snipers are designed for long range
Why reduce damage at long ranges?

First off, Fuck you too. Second, a similar change was implemented into Overwatch for Widowmaker, a sniper based character. They nerfed her damage falloff by giving her 50% less damage at farther ranges. And it WORKED. So instead of being an entitled asshat, listen to some other people for once

1 Like

A .50 BMG can travel at 1,200 m/s so a 200 meter shot is almost instant and with zero bullet drop.

Yea, seems fine the way it is.

1 Like

Or maybe learn how guns & balance work and stop whining when you don’t win every match…? Ya tried that?

1 Like

Yes
I haven’t used a assault rifle in a year because of the sniper hip-fire build I’ve ran
Makes the sniper pin point accurate in close quarters

2 Likes

I don’t even mind snipers, I just see people bitching about the SAW-Z every other thread. I would much rather GOSL or Duelist be nerfed before the snipers

I mean! That was just a second counter point! I also understand how bullet physics works!

I totally agree, I think it would promote a lot less camping on ft side.

Which is scary! Imagine in real war you just see a sniper charging at you hip firing a .50 cal and dual wielding them at that lol

1 Like

Maybe the other way around! Start at minimal damage up close and maximum damage at range! Make them true to there nature lol!

1 Like

That would scare the fuck out of me watching people being blown in half by sum dumb fuck with 2 50. Cal snipers

1 Like

Just clarifying things so the op doesn’t think he’s somehow right, you know.

1 Like

I mean Bullet physics wouldn’t hurt! Maybe just take away the hitscan so you have to lead your shots idk just spit ballin

With armor piercing incendiary bullets 😎

3 Likes