Absolutely Unplayable. 11+ Game Crashes

I am on PS4. I have downloaded patch 2.02. I was very excited to play with my friends through crossplay after waiting 4+ months as we advertised that it would be available, thus we bought your game. I was very happy as I was able to play one match as fireteam with my friends through crossplay. I backed out post match to the menu, and it crashed. This was only the beginning. I would restart the game, and not FIVE SECONDS in, the game would crash. After 6 times, I tried accepting my friends invite. I would get into the party, and what do you expect, IT CRASHED AGAIN. My system software is up to date, so is the game. I’ve reported it to sony through their system. But I’m reporting it here because this is an absolute shit show. I heard you’re doing a free trial, you should fix this if you want to leave a good impression on new players.

Please ILLfonic, fix your own game. I hate to compare, but Dead By Daylight would at least acknowledge their bugs and let their community know that something was wrong. I mean did you even test this?!?!! The first DAY OF CROSSPLAY, and THIS happens?!?!?! Cmon man. I was playing your game, but my friends haven’t touched it in months because of the the lack of this feature, and like Adam Sandler, YOU BLEW IT.

This is my first forum post, i hate being a Karen, but I had to do it. Because if I don’t, someone else will. Just be active illfonic.

3 Likes

If you’re seeing repeated, frequent crashes, try deleting your save data in the Application Data Management on your PS4. This will reset loadouts but you’ll keep your unlocks and level.

4 Likes

Thank you for your instantaneous reply, it is greatly appreciated. My PS4 has stopped crashing and can run the game. However a new problem has sprung, concerning the matchmaking when in a crossplay party. Sometimes it will bring only a few members of the party and it will leave one member still in the menu. For that left behind member, it will show the loading screen for a moment, but will ultimately leave them in the menu while the other members are in the lobby. This happened to me twice, and my friend once. In two and a half hours, we were only able to play two matches in completion.

1 Like

Our QA has seen that situation occur. The guys are aware of it. Though, try changing the party leader to someone on a different platform if that happens, and if they have a PS4 account, their account should be linked.

1 Like

Thread highjack,

Im having a similar issue when I load into the game. I get to the main menu and it crashes. Ive verified as well as uninstalled and reinstalled.

Im on PC.

I fully uninstalled and removed the save game folder. Not sure what corrupted. Will add to my bug list.

I think you guys need to write up formal instructions for this and pin/sticky it in this forum area.

So many people asking the same question, with the same solution, but they don’t know where to find it.

I’ve had to talk 4 people through it on PC.

No solution so far has been found for my bkue screen game crashing.

I cant even buy dutch 87 and use it… 4 days now.

2 Likes

Yes, its the same annoying solution being posted everywhere.

Settings
Application saved data management
saved data in system storage
delete
Select predator:hunting grounds for me its around 4 /12 Mb and delete it.

This deletes your saved class load outs but does not delete any progress on the game.
the crashing is caused from renaming your load outs ever since 2.02 went live. Which is annoying as I didn’t find out that was the cause till it happened 4 times to me this week. Freaken spent like 2 hours setting up all my skins and perks on pred and fireteam only to have to do it over again a day or two later.

1 Like

Please use google and complain to Sony so it can actually get fixed because their game isnt causing the crash it the new ps4 system software

2 Likes

Are you 100% I’m not going to loose my levels. I’m don’t wanna start all the way to 0. I can’t even play the game anymore. It literally crashes everytime I’m on the main screen.

I did and results perfectly

No, I did and you will reset all the loads and options that you made before

Thanks bro. It worked. It only rashes once but after that I was able to play normal.

That happens to me a lot, BUT it seems to happen everytime I collect a OWLF tape or if one is in that session.

Nobody has to exclude anything! The game was not supposed to be like this!
We Can’t Play! It’s just crash, crash on PS4!
Let’s keep reporting to Sony!!!