AC: Valhalla

What do you all think of Assassins Creed Valhalla? I’m getting it free from Airmiles so it should be on the way soon.
I like AC and a few of their games , specifically Origins and currently on my playlist is Unity. Enjoyed that and enjoying Unity alot more than say BlackFlag and Syndicate and Oddessy. The reason: I think is the pacing, learning curve and the inclusion of Abstergo Corp intermix (i guess there wasn’t much or it wasnt as good in the three i mentioned).
I hope Unity and Valhalla won’t let me down.

I just started playing it and so far so good. I’m liking the story, but the gameplay is similar to Origins and Odyssey. The graphics are better, but the ability tree is a bit too complicated.

1 Like

IMHO, the recruitment of persons in Oddeysy seemed to overblown. I feel like its a lack of character development in that part or that they overlooked its importance since war is a subject matter few understand and they went balls deep with it. There is no aspect about being an assassin stealth-wise and there being a need for recruiting an army. They turned this fine aspect of alliances into a military general sim.

Really enjoy the hell out of it… reminds me of origins and brotherhood combined. Imo of course.

I enjoyed and completed

Assassin’s Creed

Assassin’s Creed III

Assassin’s Creed IV

Assassin’s Creed Origins

I Have Odyssey but have yet to play it and I’m interested in Valhalla

2 Likes

AC Syndicate: Jack the Ripper DLC is my all time favorite.

1 Like

AC Syndicate: Jack the Ripper DLC i did not quite understand. It was like ‘be a serial killer’ all of a sudden. Of course it was outside of the actual game.

I’m a bit of a history buff, maybe that’s why I liked it so much. The inclusion of Jack as a rogue assassin was just brilliant and they kept his identity anonymous as they should.

2 Likes

Yup, its those history based moments such as seeing Cimetière des Saints-Innocents brutally depicted in how it was in reality in Unity made me think and wiki what that was about.

1 Like

Syndicate is underated. That game was amazing.

1 Like

Fuck yea! I still play it to this day.

1 Like

I think the main problem was franchise fatigue tbh.

Which is why Origins is so different.

(Also IDK for sure but isn’t stealth killing impossible in the newer RPG AC’s?)

Once you receive the hidden blade you can stealth kill enemies. You can use whistles to lure enemies and stealth kill them when they are close, just like in previous ACs

Wish unity’s par core system was implemented in the new ac games. Such fluid movement

Only if they are lower level than you. Even then its not a guarantee if they are 1 or 2 levels below you. Origins started it and then Odyssey perfected it with the gladiator system which was much like the nemesis system from shadow war.

It has a level system

Valhalla actually has a “stealth insta-kills” option

1 Like

Nice i haven’t plyer it yet. Been on spiderman kick. I was just talking about how the system worked in the rpg style of ac games. If they had a skull or a red level marker above them the skull you couldn’t do damage to at all. And the red level ment dangers foes and they could not be one shotted by stealth. I cant wait to play this one tho.

2 Likes

Been playing it 2 days now, and I’m loving it! It feels right between AC Origins and something new entirely. Its very polished and the learning curve opens up at a good pace rather than throwing everything at you.
I like the combination of mysticsm in the game too. Makes it very mysterious.

1 Like