Any one else go see the OG Alien rerelease?

and seen the Romulus footage?

1 Like

Romulous will be good

hope so. They are running out of ideas by going back and doing a prequel to Aliens.

Alien 1979 hit way different on the big screen.

There are no re-releases of Alien where I liveā€¦I hope Romulus will be an interesting movie, but I wanted to see a continuation of Covenant. I want to see David again in the movie theater. I was hoping that Covenant would reveal the mystery of space jockey.

2 Likes

From what Iā€™ve seen in the trailer, itā€™s just a more action packed version of OG Alien. Might still be good, but no originality. A while ago I listened to Alien Theory channel no YT about plotlines of different comics. Some are pretty decent and can make it to big screen I think. But instead we get OG Alien ā€˜reimaginingā€™. So lazy

I wish i could have, wouldā€™ve been so good

I think Romulus is gonna be great, the facehuggers will get the love they deserve

I have some contention about Romulus simply because it looks like from the trailer they are just going to somehow re-introduce the life cycle in a prolonged manner as there isnā€™t any sign that we are going to have a build up like the original which takes 20 minutes to do.
We already have the reveal of the alien so thatā€™s already spoiled.
What could they possibly think they can make new and fresh? At least the prequels tried to do it.

My guess is that they will focus more on bringing the aliens to life and more gruesomeā€¦but then its all practical effects.

There were elements in the original ALien script that required contortions and they abandoned the ā€œboxā€ alien scene. Even Penny Wise had CGI to make him look real enough to do contortions. So its likely they might not do anything like the xeno dropping slowly from the vents as it did in Isolation. I kind of wanted to see that. :(
While filming Alien in 79, they tried the alien backwards walk which didnā€™t play out well.
They also tried a translucent alien version which they also abondoned.
All this was practical effects.

Another guess might be that the whole Romulus science room is going to play a huge part in the film. A ā€œFatherā€ computer might be involved because Iā€™m thinking that is who the voice belongs to in the trailer. That voice that says ā€œRunā€.

Still too similar to OG Alien, which will still make a good movie, I just wish it was a more original plot than crew in a spaceship with alien running around killing all of them except for one or two folks

a possibility might be that they bridge the lifecycle into the hive and queen . They mentioned JCs aliens will be the followup movie to this.

1 Like

That could have potential if they make it to earth. They could defeat the one alien on board, but I credits could show the queen somewhere on the ship, culminating with infestation of Earth in the next installment.