Any readers in here?

Anyone who’s into reading and on this board will love the book Children of the Neon Bamboo. Both because it’s the best book involving retro gaming (sorry Ready Player One) and also has some cool scenes with the protagonist reflecting on renting Predator VHS and watching it over and over again. Can’t recommend enough. I’m on my third read because I don’t want to leave it’s universe.

childrenoftheneonbamboo.com

Children of the Neon Bamboo: B. Glynn Kimmey: 9798988054115: Amazon.com: Movies & TV

i forgot how to read

This is the PHG forum, we’re all illiterate at best and flat out insane at worst.

One of my favorite books is Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. The single darkest but most well written book I have ever read.

1 Like

Blood Meridian is pretty good. A “must read” as a part of our modern cannon. But can be just brutal and unreadable at points.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely need a strong stomach. The writing style that McCarthy used is also difficult to understand at first, but that’s part of why I enjoyed the read, as few books have ever been as mentally engaging for me as blood meridian has.