Arnie sucks and got beat up by a predator

Oh yeah he’s fucked. The Gaels couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn with a gun if you gave them one, they have no training in it. Any scenario with guns, the one trained to use them wins in seconds. But any scenario involving melee combat, our modern troops eat shit to everyone from the Gaels to Mongols to Spartans to the Apache.

1 Like

Like Isabelle right?

SAS is british but, who cares?

Maybe he meant co-nation training?

Whatever the US equivalent of the SAS is, I’m not familiar with all their branches. I just know mine cause a lot of people close to me have served. One of them even trained with Gurkhas, scary fucking people.

Also yeah that’s not uncommon.

1 Like

Ok. But fyi it’s Delta Force. And Dutch was DF. That or Green Beret, i’m not sure… I’m not familiar with his background story

Oh cool I remember hearing that name used in the manual for Resident Evil 1 to describe Chris Redfield’s history. Apparently by age 23 he’d been in the Marines, Delta Force & Military Police before transferring over to Cop duty. Shit was fucking wild. Like this dude must’ve been like 12 or some shit when he was doing Tours if you go by all the shit he had in his bio.

1 Like

Xenopedia only lists him as being a Military Vet, doesn’t list any specific branches other than just the US Military. After that he goes & forms a PMC at the end of the Vietnam War. So going by that information he’d be trained in Karate at most. Now if Dutch was in Delta Force or did co-nation training with the SAS & slimmed way down, like he’d have to trim a lot of that muscle down to improve his stamina & agility, then he could run circles around Jungle Hunter and would’ve had a good shot at beating him in CQC.

SAS/Delta Force would have really good chances at beating a Pred in melee combat, the best out of any modern military at least.

1 Like

What I hate about the movie the most is, how they hip fire and have their finders on the trigger the entire movie( Especially Arnold, it’s the worst) It drives me nuts… I love when people want to talk about realism in Prey. Sorry but improper gun handling by a “Bad ass” drives me nuts.

1 Like

Hey hey hey woah woah

Don’t you dare forget the 75th Ranger Regiment

I didn’t

Well that’s the point

Predator one was a satire of action films at the time showing these action heroes be killed and not the invincible badasses like in the movies.

On fandom it lists him as a former army special forces. So, Green Beret…

What’s the Sources on Fandom?

Actually it doesn’t even really matter because I just checked and the Green Berets only started teaching a variety of Martial Arts to its members from 2002 onwards so Dutch’s service in the 70s & 80s wouldn’t have covered any of that to begin with if he was canonically a Green Beret.

1 Like

I don’t really know… Just read it. But makes more sense Dutch being an ex-special forces than ex-regular army.

Well being regular army is still no slouch, especially since he served in Vietnam. Considering the US lost that war, and how horrific it was of a war, it’s a good feat.

For everyone complaining about Dutch vs Predator and Naru vs Predator…,

… don’t we all agree that predators are each unique and are more or less skilled and have there own strengths and weaknesses?

2 Likes

Lost in the fact that we pulled out due to protests from home. We actually had the VC and North Vietnamese army up against the wall. Militarily based on bodies stacked and ground we won, we just lost the will and support of the people back in the states.

The huge rout the north and VC claimed they had against our forces was actually exaggerated and turns out it was a pyhricc victory at best.

Nope

Doesn’t matter Feral was supposed to be weaker than JH

All predators must be mystical creatures with no harm capable of coming to them other than the main protagonist who must be male

1 Like