Automatic melee weapon ps4

The game automaticly draws a melee weapon when figthing face to face with the predator, that function should be put off or at least it should be optional,hmmmm is it already? I haven’t being able to put that function off, or do I mess up somehow during the fight? But still it is for me bad cause I’m shooting and suddently I have a knife in my hand and I prefer shooting
Sorry for writing mistakes

Do you mean that your knife becomes automatically equipped after you melee when trying to shoot the pred or that you keep meleeing and can’t control it? If it’s the first then it’s more than likely because you held down the melee button (right analog stick) which will make you equip the knife, if it’s the second then that’s a bug or something is wrong with your controller.

While I fight face to face with the pred by shooting it, suddenly I have knife in my hand and it seems that I have just parry a hit from the pred and knife stays in my hand.
If I shoot all ammo will the game change automatically to knife?

If you run out of ammo from both your weapons you will switch to your knife. If the pred is up close hitting you and it tells you to parry you click the R3 button which is the right analog stick however if you hold it down for about a second it will switch to your knife as your primary weapon.

If you press the “quick knife attack” & “parry button” (R3?) too often or for too long the Knife stays in your hand.
It doesn’t happen automatically.

If the knife was in your hand before u
Equipped ur weapon if you use the last weapon key the knife will be brought out