Avengers Beta

So this game has me very Hyped. The beta has been awesome so far. (only played a few hours last night)

The gameplay is smooth and isnt clunky. Flying is a little weird but then again Flying is hard to get in alot of games.

The mission structure seems to be very similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance with team moves and super moves and such.

The difficulty is great tho. Can only play normal on beta but dam do the Ai hurt. This game makes you play as a team. You cant just spam to win you have to watch the ai and to dodge and all out avoid attacks.

Open beta is next weekend for ps and closed for pc and xbox

Open for all is the 21st - 23rd.

2 Likes

From the gameplay I saw it looked like a typical beat em up glad that its more than meets the eye. Ive been on fence for awhile on this game hopefully when I play the open beta it will sway me I really want this to be good.

1 Like

Looks fun, specially Hulk and Cap, but I hope there is more to it, at the moment it feels like Destiny, just a good game.

1 Like

I can feel the destiny reference. Idk about cap you only get to play him in the Tutorial once but he is fun to play. Hulk on the other hand is a power house and is big fun so is black widow. Cant wait to play as hawkeye, Antman and Spider-man ps4 beta.

1 Like

Yeah its some what a typical beatem up with puzzles and shit. They said in one of the interviews that the main game will have missions that can last more than a hour. In the beta there is One that is pretty long and has a huge boss fight in it but most of the missions in the beta are short. But that is most likely on purpose

The co-op is where its at tho they seem to scale the missions around you and ur squad mates so that one player cant carry the rest.

1 Like

I won’t be preordering or buying until a reasonable sale comes if at all. I don’t care for the narrative focusing around Kamala Kahn getting the Avengers back together. I hated KK in the comics and I hate how they centered this game’s story around her. Her dialogue is just super awful. Wasp would have been a better central character to revolve around since it would make more sense narrative and character identity wise.

Lol typical fan boi

1 Like

Also she is only a “main” character in the sense of she is who you use to access the war table and start up multiplayer after that you never have to use her again but you most likely watch some shithead yt

1 Like

@me when theres more playable characters

1 Like

Than what. You have the main 6 plus spiderman, hawkeye, antman and miss marvel how many more do you need?

I pre-ordered
Is the closed beta still up

It was only for the weekend open beta is on 14th.

1 Like

And also the 21st-23rd

1 Like

Villains, like a proper ultimate alliance game. Instead its weird lootbox live service treadmill nonsense. You can’t even see loot on your character why is there a loot system? Atleast in Injustice 2 the loot was actual cosmetics.

There are obviously six characters we have now. But they’re also adding war machine, she hulk, Kate bishop, hawkeye, Spiderman, and without a doubt more like Ant Man seeing as Hank Pym is in the game and possibly black panther and captain marvel if those leaked Lego sets are anything to go by. That’s already a lot of characters. Playable villains would be cool but you have to remember this is AVENGERS, not marvel ultimate alliance.

I get what you mean about loot but that’s ultimately down to preference. Some people don’t want to have to wear ugly ass add-ons that stick out on your character. So the costumes are a nice compromise for that. It would be nice if there was an option to turn off the visuals of the gear so that way it’s the best of both worlds, but I’m guessing the main reason for them not doing that is because giving all the different gear, models would take a lot of time. Especially given that there’s going to be a fuck ton of characters post launch.

But UA is the better game ):

It’s like if the arkham games suddenly switched to an invisible loot system to trick you into a long term engagement where you grind for 30 hours before actually getting to have fun with batman because “haha numbers go up.” Feels very corporate formula.

But this isn’t supposed to be ultimate alliance. They’re not connected in any way. Only way they’re similar is that they’re both marvel. it’s like comparing Lego marvel super heroes to Spiderman PS4. They both share properties but they’re very different games.

This can be applied to almost every game that has a leveling up system or a skill tree. As long as the core gameplay is fun, it shouldn’t be a problem. All games get more fun when you unlock more cool shit. Like Ghost of Tsushima for example. The stealth aspects was pretty basic at first, but it was fun. But then you start to unlock the cool gadgets like the wind chime and the multi takedown and it becomes way more fun.
A little bit of a grind is just an incentive to continue playing. As long as it’s not ridiculously long or tedious then there isn’t much of a problem. And given that this game has a ton of cool stuff to unlock and from what I heard the full game will have like 80 different multiplayer missions at launch…I think it’s safe to say it could be real fun, especially with friends.

But really it’s all just a matter of opinions. Maybe these looter games just aren’t for you. Some people go wild for them though. But I personally think that it’s good to have variety. I’m not too big on the looter shooter/slasher type genre myself, but tons of people love it. And that’s great because it means they have a cool avengers game to play.

1 Like

The Avengers roster has pretty much included every single Marvel character ever at points in time.
I’d argue looter shooter gear is vastly different from abilities & such that are unlocked through story missions. Looty shooty throw-away-this-gear-to-get-this-gear-to-play-the-next-gearscore-softcap-locked-content is intentionally the most tedious of any of the progression systems you mentioned.

Heroes like the fantastic four and X-Men are one thing. But actual villains being apart of the avengers team? I just can’t see them adding playable villains. Really it’s down to the Devs take on the avengers with how they go about adding characters. And with how they are talking about it, it seems like they want it to actually make sense for the story as to why that character is there. So I can get why we won’t see someone like Doctor doom or Mysterio running around helping the avengers. But shit, I hope they prove me wrong on that.

See the thing is this game has both gear and skills/abilities. And you can unlock them through playing the story. People were already high levels with characters in the beta. So it doesn’t seem like too much of a grind. From what I’ve seen, you’re not actually locked out of doing certain missions because you’re gear isn’t high enough. They do let you play them. But it obviously just makes it harder.

With how the game is currently being received, it’s such a mixed bag. So I think that proves that it’s ultimately down to preference. And from how you speak about it, it sounds like the game just isn’t your cup of tea. And that’s fine. It’s one of those games that’s either you hate it or love it. I think it’s just a game you have to play before you know you’re going to be in to it or dislike it. A lot of times you can see a game and go “I gotta get me that game!” Or “wtf is this shit?” But with this one, it seems like most people just don’t know until they play it.

So all I can say is, there are two more upcoming beta weekends. One on the 14th to 16th. And the other one the following weekend after. First one is open beta for PS4 and private for Xbox and PC. One after is open for all. Give it a try. Maybe you’ll think “damn, this game is actually good” or maybe you’ll think “yeah I was right, this game is just not for me and it’s trash.”

I am not sorry that my opinion offended you for whatever reason. No one here sounded like a shithead until you chimed in with that bs

Edit: lol not surprised your account says it is suspended🤣🤣