Balance the Anti-Cloak Mines

Nobody uses them, and for good reasons.
They totally suck.
They cost 4 points are stationairy, cannot be picked up, and you stop while laying them.
While an Anti-Cloak Grenade can be thrown while running, costs one point less and does basically the same.

They should rather be like:

• just cost 2 points
  • and do significant damage (same like Frag grenades)
  • be able to be thrown to the ground while still running

I think 2 points are totally justified if you cannot pick them up.

5 Likes

Don’t compare the two as it isn’t fair. The Mine has to be stepped on and is only effective against the larger preds and nearly useless on scouts or any pred who’s using cooling synchs. The mine is so useless that it’s lower than the wrist launcher in terms of effectiveness.

4 Likes

Gear working like this would be cool in theory

2 Likes

If everything else wasn’t fucked then yeah. Making classes be unique instead of stat changed variants of hunter, that’d be great… here’s the pirate pred, has 1/16 more energy than hunter, 1/8 less health than berserker, and 1/64 more speed and stamina than scout. Enjoy.

3 Likes

as long as she has the eyepatch, i’ll main it.

3 Likes

Buddy… it’s Illfonic, I think we both know the answer to that.

1 Like

They put CH’s ‘want sum cundy’ in because of fan request. the least they can do is a buggy eyepatch.

1 Like

That was at the height of the game though, it’s been nothing but diminishing returns since then. Just look at the last 4 DLCs. All of them have been plagued with issues, it took exile 9 months to get his predlocks, wolf 4 months to correct his fucked up eye. There’s no way they’re going to give the pirate an eyepatch when Viking didn’t get one and that fucker is based off Odin and is supposed to be missing an eye, unless he feels having a one eyed mask is cool and fuck practicality.

4 Likes

tfw the height of this game is Clash and ripping some audio lines from the movie

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s the good stuff right there.

1 Like

Lol totally forgot we had these lol now I’m a make a f.t mine build where I spam traps for Pred lol

I don’t think so

They are actually pretty good, specially to counter attack smart disc @Mith
I mean no disrespect to any predator, ggs for sure
And also fun to use , I mean it’s really fun to use something that nobody actually use
Just for torture predators with some low tier stuff
@Anonymous.Voorhees13 @ScOp_StUrMi am I right gentlemens ?! I just felt like a demon rn Lol
5 Likes

Yeah when you trap my discs with those EMP mines it always confuses the fuck out of me lmao🤣
Hunter with the 1000 IQ plays be like🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Don’t need all of that, just increase the trigger radius and it will work just fine as any other trap.

That’s a good Idea, but…
Why don’t you just destroy the discs? What advantage do the Mines give you that justify their high cost?
Any good Disc Pred like Orbiter, or Riktigt Risig won’t let you have that much fun.

I actually love using E.M.P Mines even if Cloak-Nades are much better at countering Disc Play.

If you do find where a Combi-Stick or a Disc (preferably Stick since you can destory Discs) ended up, you could lace the drop with a mine and buy yourself time or even get the drop on Pred that’s easily seeable.

After I throw an EMP on a disc
Then it’s the time to destroy the disc , it just takes like 1 second to put an EMP on a disc
So it’s a Win/Win for fireteam
If predator comes to late for his disc , it’s gone
If he comes fast to get his disc back , he will get overloaded and it’s so much easier to shot him when he can’t even Cloak

Nah. It’s too much as it is due to how OP the fireteam is.