Bear traps

I’m more of a ft main but it bothers me how easily it is to locate the bear traps by sound. Especially now that you can destroy them. I’d like to suggest removing the sound on them in exchange for increased time before they activate to prevent the predators from dropping them on our heads.

Currently the only effective method of using the traps is to drop them on a ft from above. This isn’t how a trap should work. It should be placed in areas were the predator thinks the fireteam will be going. Id also like to see the noose wire trap from AVP added.

The noose wire trap could be placed from hanging branches not invisible. Any ft member gets caught in it can’t break the trap they just hang there however a fellow ft member can shoot them free. If the predator manages to get to the trapped member first he can pull them up skin them and leave them hanging from the tree with their gamer tag still visible.

6 Likes

Side note the skinning animation would need to be long to compensate for killing a ft member potentially at full health. Like 10 seconds minimum to leave him exposed long enough to second wind him if he makes a mistake.

2 Likes

No exchange, just remove the sound. Why does there have to be a give and take with predator? Even the perks are mostly bunk.

You also can’t predict where fireteam is gonna go ahead of time. You’ll only know when you’re actively engaging with them and can predict their mission/progress. So until we’re notified in-game, traps are never gonna be very trap-like.

As I said, I’m a ft main and I absolutely can predict were the ft will be going when I’m pred. Certain objectives are visible you know. They give away what mission the ft is doing.

Know your enemy sir.

As for the added time before the trap is set, throwing traps on peoples heads is both annoying and cartoonish. I’d prefer they be used more realistically and you can’t use them realistically because they can be heard.

It’s not not how a trap should work. It’s like dropping a net/cage on prey from above.

I do agree that the traps could be a lot quieter.

Except it’s not intended to be a net trap dropped from above. It’s a bear trap placed on the ground.

…I pretty much said this when I noted you’re not gonna know what ft is doing unless you’re already on top of them seeing what they’re doing. So traps are never gonna be very authentic in this game.

I can tell what mission they are doing by seeing certain objectives, for instance the vial mixer or the explosive barrels at market in overgrowth only spawn there during those missions.

If traps were quiet I could place them around the area ahead of the fire team, but they aren’t so using intelligence to trap the ft is impossible.

Lol last night I actually helped a team out by blowing those barrels up myself. I literally guided them to the barrels, targeted them, and they didn’t get it… this is why I turn crossplay on, too many retards on ps4.

request to fuck yourself… your high… pred sucks since 1.05. FT literally has a free wall hack

1 Like

Beartraps shouldn’t be visible besides the actual model of the Beartrap, period. No more of that “shimmer” bullshit unless the Trap’s model is shimmered.

It also should at the very least, be quieter. like 85% quieter.

Ik the Shimmer is like. the AOE radius for the Bear Trap, but at the same time, it just tells it away like a Zebra in a rainbow.

The only way I’d be okay with this is if you literally had to step on the fucking thing, instead of getting yanked into it like the Millenium Falcon getting sucked up the ass end of the Death Star.

1 Like

Or make there “bubble” invisible completely and have the sound low on approach and louder the closer you get!

Trade off the area of effect should be reduced by alot. Maybe a 2.5 meter radius
@Xenomorph_2099 @Choppuh

I’d be fine with that, works way better as a actual trap than chucking it like it’s a nade in combat.

1 Like

Yes you can. Objectives are highlighted in the predator’s thermal vision mode

1 Like

And sometimes you can just plain see the outlines of other obj. Example, derailed that little satellite thing u put up. The pred can see the outline of where its supposed to be put. Or the Jammers on Excavation when u are doing the pred tech mission you can see where the ft put the jammers

1 Like