Best childhood game/movie?

What was your favorite childhood movie and/or game? Mine was Godzilla vs MG 74 & 93 and the PipeWorks Godzilla games

1 Like

Twisted Metal Black.

1 Like

Sonic Adventure 2 & Devil May Cry 3 for gaming.

Aliens for films.

1 Like

Getting a game boy and Pokémon Blue for Xmas.
To this day I still consider that my best gift ever. I played the shit out of that game.

Maaaaaan… that’s a tough call. Favorite movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark, no doubt, but several contenders for that title for sure. Favorite game? Dang, I wish I could pick one. I mean when I grew up, Donkey Kong and Frogger were the bees knees. I guess it has to be more like a Games of the round table for me.

The Legend of Zelda (NES)

DOOM (I think my first experience with it was on SNES)

The Lone Ranger (NES)(It’s a real thing and it’s frickin amazing. Red dead on NES. You just gotta have an old school TV to use the zapper on the necessary levels.)

Batman (NES)

Godzilla (NES)

Venture (Colecovision/Atari 2600)

Jungle hunt (Atari 2600)

Duke Nukem 3D (Sega Saturn)

Tomb Raider (PS1)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (NES)

Super Star Wars (SNES)

Jurassic Park (Genesis)

Robocop vs the Terminator (Genesis)

Pitfall: the Mayan Adventure (Genesis)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)

Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)

This list could go on and on. As critical as I am about so many things, I feel so fortunate that I grew up in that time and now live in this crazy advanced place we are today. If you’d shown me PHG or Skyrim etc when I was playing Congo Bongo on Colecovision back then, I would never have believed it was real. I’ve always rejected that gaming was a waste of time/energy. It CAN be, certainly, but it can also teach and sharpen the mind at times. It can tell amazing stories that we get to be so much more immersed in compared to a film. And I feel the right game can be an amazing relaxation technique at the end of a rough day. Even possibly therapeutic at times. I know when I get stressed to the point of almost losing it (1st world problems for sure), I can 99% of the time, pop in a favorite and it all melts away.

3 Likes

Lol Pokémon 🤣

Check out the new adaptation!

Sonic Adventure 2.

Ultimate Spiderman

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2

Renting the Spyro games back when Blockbuster existed ):

I distinctly remember Ecco The Dolphin Defender of the Future as the most misleading game on PS2. Turned into a horror game once you clear the tutorial. Suddenly there’s a shark and git gud mechanics.
I feel like I need to go back and beat it as an adult now because that franchise was weird and turned into some kind of lovecraftian space alien sci-fi.

I watched this and the Digimon Movie 1000 times. Those poor VHS’s.

1 Like

I LOVE DIGIMON! 🤩 my fav was season 1 and 2, 3 was a 🤷 and 4 not so much

Season 3 was best.

S4 plot following some guy running around sucker punching digimon was bad move whoever greenlit that, none of the side characters were likeable either. S3 had the best characters all around. S1 and S2 have too many.

S4 and S5 were bad but Risegreymon grew on me after Cyber Sleuth and season 4 had a really fun gameboy game.

digimonbattlespirits2_pree32003_1-534016

Digimon to this day still has the better games, but Digimon Survive will be in development hell forever probably.

1 Like

The original Crash Bandicoot,. Twisted Metal 2, Quake, Super Mario Brothers and their various iterations

1 Like

SA2 & Ultimate Spidy, my man. That’s quality childhood right there.

1 Like

That game had the original bs quick time events, then you had to start all the way from the beginning if you lost one.

seriously wtf was that Beetle chase

I hope not I was hoping after the anniversary event this year was a good year for Digimon also if you have the app game Digimon rerise they are shutting it down this April on the 16th all my Digimon I worked so hard to go mega and beyond! 😭😭😭

lol this is like the 3rd app they’ve shutdown, I don’t even bother

1 Like

Jurassic Park for movie and Metal Gear Rising Revengenance for game.

1 Like

Can’t believe I forgot spiderman 1 and 2 on ps1

Best childhood game? Hands-down all time favorite is shotgun tag.

Still have the scars to remember it by!

I purchased the games you mentioned wanna give me a overview?

AVP 2010 and Saints row the third for games

All the Friday the 13ths, Predator movies and Aliens 1986

Sesamstraße…