Best Friday The 13th Film??

Since its friday the 13th. What’s your best friday the 13th film??

2 Likes

Never Hike Alone… or if you want an official movie, probably number 4.

1 Like

Predator.

1 Like

Number 5 cuz BEWWWBS

I’m torn between 4, 6 and 7. Honourable mention goes to 2009 reboot. That film was pretty decent for a reboot. That and Jason was the most terrifying in that film.

Happy Friday the 13th!

2 Likes

The first 2 are the best IMHO

They really set the atmosphere

If this us the debate we are having the remake would win easily.

1 Like

Part 3. Thats when Jason first put on the iconic hockey mask. Also, lots of weed in that movie. It was also released in 3d.

Jason takes Manhattan

The remake was pretty scary. But it’s not as much campy-fun as the originals.

Remake

Remake’s ok. Not a fan of jason running.

Whats wrong with the remake?

I feel like the kills stopped being creative after the opening & remake jason seems like he’s always ready to sprint into a flying jumpkick @ the nearest passerby. Its not neccessarily a bad thing but the sniping people speeding on boats & sprinting axe throws aren’t very jason-y. Expected him to start throwing kunai by the end of the movie. Remake Jason has no chill. And they still haven’t surpassed part 7’s Jason design.

1 Like

Jason has always been a marksman

Part 3 speargun kill

Part 6 lawn dart to forehead

Jason kidnapping the sister… it’s the only part that doesn’t jive. You could argue it’s a call back to two previous plot points, Chris Higgins from part 3, she was ‘attacked’ by Jason and got away, only to be hunted again. Then in part 4 Rob, came looking for his sister (not Chris) who Jason had killed sometime before.
Between these two story points you have the remakes reason for it but it isn’t ‘my Jason’. Kidnapping and keeping someone else alive just isn’t in his makeup, even if they do look like mom.
There’s some bad casting to but not who you’d think, the slutty girl, rich guy, stoner and the guy who is bait are all fine. Don’t really like the male lead, he’s either to cardboard or to earnest, it bugs me. The girlfriend, like the actress but not necessarily for that role, should have been the final girl. The sister Whitney should have been dead.

Overall it wasn’t bad, it has some of the best Jason sequences of all time. The false opening is actually pretty brilliant, and let’s you know this movie will give you the kills that are required in a Friday movie. Chewy is my favourite character from any Friday movie, his death kinda sucked though.

The mask reveal was well filmed but weak. It could have been better, the guy in the bear trap could have worn it outside, as an example, then you get the reveal by the water, under the moonlight, much more cinematic.

PS. I don’t mean anything by my response, certainly not arguing. I like it too, nothing wrong with thinking it was the best one.

1 Like

Shooting someone standing by a dock is pretty tame.

Remake Jason was aiming straight for the top of the masked murderer olympics sniping the speeding boat & axe throws. The speargun kill was casual, remake jason had no casual kills, just ninja assassinations on cops and no chill. He was a giant ninja hitman with a captive in his veitcong tunnels.

1 Like

When he got the mask he sliced the dudes throat

That’s pretty basic

Tell me more of these bewbs, haven’t seen 5 yet. Are they on par with the boobeledge of the 2010 remake? Because those are some fine tiddies…

1 Like

Those opening kills had me laughing so hard, the beartrap and tent over the campfire 🤣 (it’s okay to laugh at that, right? Or do I need to speak to ‘someone’?)😈