Bomb Defuse Practice Tutorial

First credit for this idea goes out to user “Dexter” who mentioned this in a comment in another thread. I felt this was important enough to be its own topic. I would really love to see this in the game instead of killing my team for the sake of my own practice in a real match.

5 Likes

I support this idea!

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this since game was released.

Only defused 1-bomb so far.

@Courier When devs added the additional glyphs it’s more difficult.

IMO, @IllFonic should’ve left the glyph numbers alone, but rather only let 1 FT member defuse not everyone standing next to the corpse.

We definitely need a Bomb Defusing Tutorial for practice as a single player challenge.

2 Likes

I will say a bomb diffusion would lead to increased difficulty in diffusing. If everyone gets good at the glyphs then more will need to be added.

I’m not 100 percent if that’s a good thing. I’ve diffused plenty of them, but that’s because I’ve literally downed the predator myself and as the corpse is falling I’m pressing the interact button to diffuse. I’m getting the glyphs at the end of the laugh before detonation. More glyphs will mean less opportunities to diffuse. Honestly… it shouldn’t even be diffused, it should be a repeatedly chopping of the arm to simulate Predator 2. Maybe that’s a bit too gruesome.

1 Like

I am level 126 and I pretty much only play as FT. I have not been able to disarm a single bomb in time, yeah I know get good. But some practice would be nice.

1 Like

Hm… I’m not really sold on that idea. Maybe because I do pretty well with defusing bombs now, but that took a lot of attempts, a lot of blown ups until i got faster. What I see ingame is that most fireteams not even attempt to try disarming the bomb, like they’re just to anxious. It’s not a big loss if you character blows up, at least you’ve tried and gave the pred player some fun seeing his bomb actually killed someone.

I just feel like a defusing mini game tutorial will take away the thrill of it and you’d see very few predators actually blow up. It should be something that won’t be achieved every game.

The daily challenge wich needs you to defuse 3 bombs by yourself is just pathetic. Let it please count for the whole team if someone manage to do it, because doing that 3 times in random matches means hours of gameplay actually.

2 Likes

I don’t think we need that, it would be like having an alien dictionary to learn their language. You reach the bomb, you have few seconds to deactivate it, there you have more chances to defuse it than you will have in real life…

Its not even hard to defuse like wtf. Just try it lol

Dont play on at 4k…not only does it take longer to process the frame>display the frame> push a button to go to the next symbol but your eyes aren’t adjusted to reading a symbol thats gigantic on screen.
I think playstation automatically switches to 1080p if you connect to a 1080p monitor. Plus increase the FPS beyond 30fps if you can do that. The PC version has a setting.

2 Likes

Why does sometimes when i start defusing the actual bomb starts like randomizing the symbol s

1 Like

OK thank you I am not going crazy, thought I medicated a little too much. In addition to the symbols just flipping around I also had a bug where it just locked me in place and made this weird beeping sound. I still cannot disarm this bomb on PC. Got two symbols in and then a PS4 teammate disarmed.

1 Like

Yeah i had it happen maybe twice i said forget it and left

1 Like

I don’t think there should be a tutorial, but I do think they should remove the bomb diffuse challenges that pop up.

If everyone was able to practice and get good outside of real matches it would ruin the purpose of the self-destruct in the first place. I believe the majority of players should try to run, and the brave few can continue to succeed or fail to diffuse

1 Like

I bought a PS4 copy so I can practice bomb without bugs.

Why? Ps4 has the same bugs.