Bored, would like skill based matchmaking

As Predator

At first I wasn’t winning any games as predator and it was not very fun getting stomped over and over.

Then it was 50/50 and it was fun.

Now I haven’t lost a single match in like 4-5 days and it’s not very fun again.

As Fireteam

I play with some friends and we almost never lose. Matches with terrible predators that barely pressure at all are super boring. It’s a fun 4v1 game when the predator is active but if not it’s just a boring coop shooter.

At this point I’m just kind of bored and would really prefer to be going against more competitive players. My friends who only really liked fireteam are also bored, and we’ve just stopped playing, really.

2 Likes

go away nobody wants that go play cod

1 Like

even better you can verse me and i will kill you for 5 days in a row till your bored of loosing

1 Like

I feel like when you master the predator like that is when it gets really fun, you don’t have to worry about winning or losing anymore you can just focus on building suspense for the FT- taking shots at them from the distance, doing hit and run attacks, downing players but letting them get back up. Matches where the predator is in a full out battle against the fireteam where both and completely trying to kill eachother kinda take away from the experience for me personally but that might just be me

thats because pred needs buffs. not sbmm. fuck sbmm it does not belong in this game. plus que times for pred. everything almost atm goes agains the predator than for or people who want to play pred.

go away nobody wants that go play cod

That’s silly. Of course some people want it. If most people don’t then that’s fine, it’s just not the game for me, then.

even better you can verse me and i will kill you for 5 days in a row till your bored of loosing

If you’re actually that good that would be fun, not boring.

thats because pred needs buffs. not sbmm. fuck sbmm it does not belong in this game. plus que times for pred. everything almost atm goes agains the predator than for or people who want to play pred.

I don’t think pred needs more buffs

Now I haven’t lost a single match in like 4-5 days and it’s not very fun again.

That’s as predator. want sbmm mostly for predator gameplay because I want to go against better fireteams.

1 Like

Skill based match making.

In a asymmetrical 4V1 PvP…

You mean like DBD, the biggest asym game out there?

1 Like

Why are you basically telling him to fuck off? He just wants a ranked mode. Nothing wrong with that.

This game I might actually play ranked, but id rather see other fun game modes.

2 Likes

Sure, if that where you go for you competitive gaming I guess.

Never cared or played DBD

Never even heard of it till my friends got F13 for free which also i did not care to play.

Ft is just boring cause its repetitive. Super repetitive. Pred can be too. But its cause it’s a simple game.

I’m just curious as to how you put a ranking system in this.

Whats the gauge for elo or mmr?

Based on wins solely? Skills? Kills assist points?

I’m just curious as to how you put a ranking system in this.

Not sure. I imagine that would take some time to come up with. But even a basic system based on “team escapes is a FT win/Pred loss or doesn’t and is a FT loss/Pred win” (and maybe some nuance around what’s considered “ties”) would help match you with roughly equivalent players.

How many times you drop 3 ft members and net the last one repeatedly. More nets=higher Elo/mmr.

gather your mates and go to unofficial discord (or official if it was already created but idk) to look for good and challenging predators.

I guess.

Still doesn’t seem fair.

The “win” / “loss” requirements in this game are mediocre/sad at best.

One guy gets away, pred loses makes sense for the game and its theme, the moment you make that sweaty and competitive you invite non stop berserker/combi metas which while i can deal with, if thats every game it’d be the most boring thing ever.

Basing MMR/Elo off DPS style attacks or assist is a fucking weird/proably exploitible thing easily, not even a K/D which would be greatly lopsided too.

Then theres the AI

I don’t know, Im rambling at this point.

Whatever, I dont see it but meh whatever.

trust me no you dont because by the sounds of things your having a real easy time with the average and if your not in the average with skill based match making in a small community you wont be finding matches. try playing spacelords which has this mechanic and watch as you wait 8hrs thats not an exaggerated number btw

players over there resorted to losing on purpose just so they can find matches