Brie Larson DLC - Believe It!

The Female teams surprise weapon…they’re all pregnant and so morally the Predator cannot kill or injure them. Girl power!!

2 Likes

That’d be a loooong movie, with all the bathroom breaks…

1 Like

Could be worse. They could do a Deliverance game mode:

1 Like

With Banjo duel?

Could be interesting

So i am all down for us hunting brie larson FT AND PREDATOR JOIN FORCES TO KILL THEIR HATED ENEMY. Make her exactly like a human being react and the more creative ways we kill her or blow up her body more points we get…also add in a insert grenade an pull the pin up her ass mechanic

1 Like

Ya know, I feel in the spirit of this thread I should address something someone said to me a while back.

So I had a lady friend who claimed that “Predator” was a toxic masculinity film that promotes the same status quo of alpha male psychology, that simultaneously causes some people emotional distress at the inability to live up to whatever image of perfection they desire (commonly the male physique) and also reinforces the idea that more muscle = better man.

I find that opinion to be incredibly Ironic. The film goes out of it’s way to show off the muscles yes, and they are an analogue for the chain of command in the film, but I never got the message that “Bigger guy = superior guy.” In fact, Blaine gets killed off first and he was the biggest of the entire cast. I think it’s actually pretty interesting and layered. At the start of the film the obvious interpretation one gets is that muscle dictates command. The arm wrestle between Dillon and Dutch establishes who is the leader, the true alpha in this particular squad, but by the end of the film Muscle means fuck all.

Think about it. When Dutch is at his peak, showing all his full biceps and large stature in his towering glory, standing with rifle in hand ready to face down all opposition… he does nothing. Dutch never even lands a hit on the Predator when he has his gun and is still playing that macho alpha male commander role. How does Dutch actually end up beating the predator? It’s his wit, his intelligence. He sets traps, he creates weapons, he uses his brain. To me at least, it’s the story of the true strength of mankind. You can’t beat the predator, it’s designed that way. It’s faster than bullets, able to rip out spines with ease, and it’s way more durable than any human could possibly be. The fistfight at the end of the film shows us how outclassed humans are in these attributes. Yet… what ultimately prevails is the mind. Dutch’s muscles are meaningless, his weapons are all but gone. He has to find a way around very same attributes he has always been dominant in.

To simply say it’s a toxic male movie about badasses being bigger badasses and rippling manly muscles is honestly kinda shallow. I feel like it’s way deeper than that, it’s about humans adaptability, the brain and how it truly is the greatest strength we possess.

figured I’d just leave that essay here because Brie Larson, SJWs, Feminists. Normally they are all discussed, and I’m curious if anyone agrees with my assessment of the film. It’s also just a fun action romp to be sure, but I truly do believe everything i’ve said here today.

1 Like

Hot take, it’s a Slasher movie and Arnold is the final girl. 😉

I’m joking but the thought does illustrate you can stick lots of models on a movie without it being a perfect fit or having that model tell you anything reliable about the movie. Predator is set up to subvert your expectation of an action movie. It borrows liberally from the Creature Feature monster movies and the Slasher genres.

It’s a man vs nature story and any more analysis than that is bound to be flawed, if it doesn’t approach it as having borrowed from other work. It might be a dumb action movie but it’s also classic story telling.

oh i agree 100 percent. Heck look at the difference between Mulan the cartoon and Mulan the live action that just came out…Mulan the cartoon was inexperienced and weaker then her male counterparts. She failed almost every thing she tried until used her brain to climb the pole using the weights as counterweights, or using her intelligence to take out the hun army, or shan yu himself…the sjws ruined her being a “strong” character in the live action cause now she doesnt need to be smart in fact she literally is shown to be a superhero at the beginning cause she has a magical power called CHI and lots of it. so much so that she has got to hide it. When she gets into the army she immediately better at everything then the men. We see no character developement she was perfect from the get go. A mary sue just like Rey from the sequel trilogy and captain Marvel from the MCU. None of them ever had to work to become this ultimate power, they are just immediately good at everything they do. There is nothing toxic about men being men frankly it seems anyone who would label a male driven action movie toxic are the same people who want men to act like women and women to be given more then men without having to work for it. The sjws are frankly just fucked up people.

It’s just a men’s movie, nothing toxic about it. The 80s were the peak of testosterone fueled entertainment, and I’d rather it went back to that than all this bullshit we have been subjected too the last two decades.

2 Likes

Amen brother.
“Back in the game”
Airbourne.
Fuck yeah.

1 Like

This. Used to be able to make movies without calling all the critics mysognists because you thought you made some righteous decision with a female lead, doubling down on the pandering, and everyone should be proud of you because its current year as if the notion that females need to be pandered to isn’t mysogynistic in itself & females have never had lead roles in actual good movies before.
“My product is great everyone else must just be racist/mysognistic/blablaphobic if they don’t like it.”

Everything is political.
Female here but there are also people that act like they can’t relate to anything in a form of media if they can’t self-insert as the character which is plain sad.
The idea that women can’t understand Predator is like me saying guys can’t understand Annihilation.

Also captain marvel is a charisma black hole. Like the writer tried to make her another tony stark personality or charlie’s angel or something but she just came across as an insufferable bitch the whole movie. Even in endgame where she proudly declared she’d go beat Thanos by herself. Just unlikeable. The most unlikeable character in her own movie.

2 Likes

Nailed it. Movies like this watch like someone’s fan fiction with no subtlety or buildup whatsoever and that’s 100% why its awful. There’s 0 threat because it would be politically incorrect for the woman to do anything wrong or be portrayed as failable in any way that matters. Nothing can happen to the screenwriter’s golden goose that they plan on shoving in people’s faces as a marketing ploy.

Ok done ranting.

3 Likes

IMHO i think alot of these actors/actresses are hired out of favouritism through word of mouth.
Casting isnt what it use to be.
Casting two decades ago used to be very interesting when movie technology was infantile and people were the vehicle of a film.
Michelle Pheiffer as catwoman, Kim Basinger…
these were woman that had allure. It was a very en-vogue to hire models first and actress second.
Today…well I think the actors union is really trying to scratch the bottom of the barrel or ppl who have worked with each other in the past.

1 Like

uh… at the risk of sounding “soft” what the actual fuck?

You do realize Ridley was acting long before star wars, and if you’ve seen her audition online you would know exactly why she got the part. As for actresses being hired on sex appeal… yeah no that’s correct. It goes both ways too, you wouldn’t see Danny Devito getting as many roles as Brad Pitt, that’s just not how it works man. It pays to be pretty in this world.

Brie Larson has all the allure of a turd sandwich. Most modern female, and male, actors are boring and cookie cutter. They are average actors at best, and lack any real range. Also, modern movies are just as average. Too many agendas trying to be pushed, too much political messaging and woke quotas to fill are what is ruining movies lately.

We need to go back to basics, back to the 80s. Writers need to have no fear, be offensive, be crude, be violent and be creative.

Nah man, I want my man Cavill trading punches with Predators

The business of models and beauty industry would have to change. Model searches are then complicated.
For example you might not be able to find a Jennifer Connely type look anymore at a young age today and that want to be actresses and model…as much as one would like it, it would be very unlikely unless she also sings and dances. Back in the 80s, she did well just being an actress. In her prime age, she was kind of tossed around as eroticism…if she was young today the pressure might be on her to also do music and dance…or something in order to gain a wider more appropriate audience-hense more work for her means she wouldnt have to do something like that film with Jared Leto.

Given recent DLC events it might be time to reactive this thread. Obnoxious characters who’ve nothing to do with the franchise ahoy!

20201214_201139