Can't get out of traps PS4

Since the last update on PS4, I cannot break free from traps. I look down and get the prompt to interact to remove, but nothing happens. The only thing I can think of is that I have custom mapping on my controller.

2 Likes

@Courier has anyone else reported this issue or can you test. I have customized my controller so that my Cross (x) button set to Interact/Jump. It works for everything but getting out of traps. I used the standard controller mapping and everything works fine, but would prefer my customized set up (I have other functions remapped too).

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed information! I’ll look into it

1 Like

Jump and interact are different buttons on the original mapping.
You are mapping the same button to 2 different actions, maybe that’s the problem.

It has worked fine until the latest update.

It’s not the perk from preds making it harder to get out of them?

Just thinking that. Trapper is a beast.

1 Like

No, not the traps. The prompt comes up, but nothing happens.

That’s fucked

Yup, since the last update.

Ya as soon as I hear that click noise I’m like should have used the spot trap class and sure enough we all died 😔

@Courier was this address in the update? Were you able to replicate?

@Courier Unfortunately, this was not fixed in the update. I was trapped and while I got the prompt to get out, I could not - BUT I was out of mud and was able to mud up while being trapped. The only way to get out of the trap is to be downed - by Pred, AI, or friendly fire/self inflicted frags.

@Courier Thank you for fixing this in the latest update.

1 Like