Can't tell if Extra credits is back at it or if it's an early April fool's joke

In a world where every moral thought is subjective

Is forcing others to obey your own subjective moral code (basically laws) objectively wrong?

Depending on the situation yes.

Such as, we force everyone to not kill, if you do youā€™re punished by the law.
But this is to help maintain order, which is beneficial.

However, forcing someone to say not be gay simply because you think its wrong, thatā€™s bad.

But that also applies to trans people forcing their beliefs and on others.

The only reason theres so many variables, is because there is no true universal good or evil, right or wrong.
And when I say universal, I literally mean the entire universe.

However, we could have global understanding and actually create core beliefs that on what right and wrong.

We kinda have that, but still too many differences.

I might be going off topic, but the problem is people dont think of the larger picture, and of the future, only what they feel, and what immediately affects them.

Too many people dont actually care about others.

Itā€™s a fucking mess.

Anyway, it all depends man. I know it might sound like a cop-out answer, but I believe instead of focusing on right or wrong, things should be assessed on beneficial or detrimental, until we all agree on core principles.

1 Like

Bc you were about to run some random thread off topic

i c u

Because you said " A world with no objective morality."
How are you going to prevent someone from doing nothing wrong?

Because itā€™s wrong from my subjective view

If some one can feel itā€™s morally right to kill I can feel itā€™s morally right to stop that person

Simple as that

Gasp

Shock

The horror

Regardless it was still your call, so donā€™t blame me

1 Like

Thanks for agreeing with me

1 Like

Cant be if that person literally can do no wrong

You have 0 basis

Simple as.

Youā€™re trying to subtract zeros rn.

you brought this up dumb nerd

You can use subjective morality to judge some one elseā€™s subjective morality

Itā€™s not rocket science

Seriously why the hell canā€™t I go

ā€œCold blooded murder is wrong, therefore I should stop some one from doing thatā€

You donā€™t need an objective moral reality to make that conclusion

ā€œI donā€™t think I have the right to murderā€

ā€œI should stop others from killingā€

I brought it up but you told me to necro the thread dumbass

This isnā€™t even a thought that morally crosses your mind if murder isnā€™t wrong.

Thereā€™s no concept of justice without a concept of Wrong wtf are you doing famalam

yeah I was asking why unless this must really be on your mind

Subjective morality means you can decide that something is wrong.

What your suggesting is the lack of any morals at all

Ya and you can have that based on subjective thoughts on this is wrong according to my subjective views and this is justice based on my subjective views

And if every action is Right then the only outlier is people who aim to prevent actions by imposing their morality over someone elses subjective morality

A. Wrong. Having a world where morality is completely subjective does not mean every action is right. It means itā€™s up to every person to decide their own morals, which include the ability to decide that some actions are immoral to do and other actions are moral.

Nothing is inherently right because that does not exist as an objective standard

B. If everything is inherently right to do, then that includes the ability to deny others the ability to do certain actions. It doesnt magically become the only immoral thing

Which means they are all Right.

This is a dumb hill you are trying to die on

What your doing isnā€™t making a world where everything is subjective, your making a world where everything is objectively morally right and then saying itā€™s about subjective views. You donā€™t even understand what subjective views are.

Subjective views canā€™t be correct. An opinion on a movie cannot be correct. A Subjective view cannot be correct.

You have no understanding of what Subjective is.

The concept of harm isnā€™t subjective you silly goose

Thanks for proving my point.

Your response was to back up your world based on subjective morallity, by explaining how itā€™s objectively moral.

Your world where every moral thought is subjective, is actually based on objective morals, and shows you donā€™t, or refuse to understand the concept of subjective morality.

Iā€™ve seen what I needed. Were done.