Communication

Here’s the thing, guys. You, as in the team behind P:HG, in your most recent communique (that was incorporated in the 2.50 patchnote) said that you were thrilled to, let’s say, start from a clean slate, to breathe new life into the game now that you are publishing it.
However, you have now failed to respond to any of the inquiries and critiques that have followed after the before mentioned update.
One of the key issues that caused so much frustration within the community was the lack of clear and direct communication between the developer team and the community. We are still hopeful that you guys are serious about your stated goal of bringing this predator ship around and revitalising the game. However, your failure at communicating and talking directly to us either here, on the forum (that should be the prime location for such discussions), or on any of the socials seems to indicate that the problem of communication still is there. And this problem will drive a wedge between you and the community even further.
We do need to hear from you (more often than once a year, preferably) and to talk to you so that you could take into your consideration extensive feedback that has piled up during the game’s four year lifespan.
I do sincerely hope you’ll listen and respond, otherwise this revamp of P:HG, unfortunately, might not work since ignoring or failing to properly communicate with your player base is essential for the game’s success.

@IllFonic @Courier @OldKingHamlet

4 Likes

Its just bs, illfonic is just lying as usual

1 Like

What do you want a ping pong match of inquiries with them? That’s what it sounds like. To me it’s like you hammer a nail that has aleready been driven in wood slanted and you keep hammering until the stub is broken off. Give it a rest!

I mean, Courier wasn’t even on here the last two days as of yesterday, though it says now he was last on 12hrs ago. So I’m sure he’s seen some shit. Whether or not anything comes from it, remains to be seen.

1 Like

Some official acknowledgment that illFonic is at least intending on communicating would be nice.

1 Like

I asked for similar responses from Illfonic the day the patch dropped and nothing so far.

Not a great sign for the game’s future, tbh.

3 Likes

Same shit, different patch.

1 Like

I reckon so

Oh god…they never communicate. Literally never, and IF you get the rare response from them on any social media, its always the same, “we can’t talk about it”.

We kinda have to realize that Sony paid them money for this. They paid they a huge amount to create a drop schedule, the exact same as they’ve had before, over the course of the year. Other than release an update every few months, get the game out on Xbox, and drop some DLC Preds, Illfonic doesn’t have to do shit else. As long and the game boots up, is decently playable and continues to make money, they don’t have to care and Sony doesn’t have to care. I mean, that whole patch note was saying “ohhh, we listened to the community, all these changes are based off of community feedback”, which is utter bullshit. 10% or less of what was implemented was based off of community feedback. Everything else was whatever Jordan “felt” was needed to make a “better experience”. Yeah bro, I really want to take ten seconds to deactivate an alarm. I really want one of the best Predator weapons nerfed back into the ground. I totally wanted bolder button icons to tell me what to press.

The patch would have been 10xs better if they nerfed the 1011 pistol and the SAWZ in that patch too. Like I don’t think this one patch would have fixed EVERY SINGLE thing in our list but these two are like the biggest ones that needs fixing PRONTO.

It’s crazy how they looked at the Plasma Pistol and think it needs a nerf but nothing on the Fireteam pistol that’s been known to be a mini-sniper rifle.

1 Like

Senate, to me the only people they are and would be responding to is you …and a few other boobs on a lazy chair and drunk off their asses…their player base is gone out the window and you think they still need to sit down with you and give you the heads up?
Like many games past their prime, they need to give you a rest but they don’t have the heart to tell you to begone.
Its not a runaway broadway show as you thought it was.
I mean sure there is a fanbase for this shit, but in terms of live prime time spotlight on IGN and PS store, this is yesterdays news and no new Character based DLC is going to bring it back.

This is NOT like ALIENS FIRETEAM ELITES Pathogen. Its not like that at all and none of the DLCs for this game were like that.

1 Like

I reckon I ain’t expecting much of anything, you know as much as anyone else here that I’m no friend of IllFonic.
I just thought if they were going to revamp the game and make a serious effort at actually doing the game right, they’d first have the common decency to make a renewed effort at communication.
Now given that they’ve not made said effort at communicating, I reckon we ought not expect them to make an actual effort at the game, and the DLCs will probably just continue to be cash grabs.
I said when the news dropped that this is what I’d expect to happen, but would’ve liked to been proved wrong. Guess I ain’t gonna be.

1 Like

Once they bank the xbox cash and sell another handful of reskins they will be gone into the night…again.

Only yourselves to blame at this point.