Consider getting experience before asking for a buff/nerf

Well played, every Predator class are a real challenge to kill, even Predator scout. When one of these skilled and/or veterans scout players hunts you, even a good FT can die ( i wont talk about the bug exploit like slam attack aoe which can kill you through the celling when your objective is in a room :P). You cant really shoot them with a snipe since there are so mobile and never stick to a place more than few seconds.
These Predators scouts are very impressive and i am amazed by their gameplay all in finess which lead me to think predators are in good spot since you just have to learn how to master the class appropriately.
I personally hate Berserker which are bullet sponge even with 4 FT shooting at it and i wish i will be able to master this scout class as they did.
I could say a lot more but my english is poor ; just one thing more :

all hail to these skilled scout predators !

O7

1 Like

Scout class is insanely easy as you quite literally never have to manage stamina. You dont even have to know where you are leaping because you leap so damn far you could outpace hulks leaps.

Berz is still overtuned, and needs to be brought down. But in my opinion so should all of them

lol what. you want to bring the other classes down too. to what be shredded easily by a competent fireteam then they already are? … they already nerfed the plasma caster predators main primary weapon. anything else you want? predator to hold your hand? good grief or accompany you to the exit? idk lol

1 Like

No actually, Id rather the predator be buffed in other ways than damage resistance, like they have been.

Read my post and you will get an idea of how predator should really be retuned to feel like predator.

edit

Keep in mind, this is only one section of the full post

more visible while running jumping etc? fuck me. i can see him where ever he is in trees or on the ground if sprinting at me head on … if anything i think his cloaking needs to be less visible while running but eh. or doesnt need changing rather or altering. yep during a kill i do agree he should be invincible so he isnt mowed down so cheaply but also that could be bad depending if people zerg their way in … i do like that in the trees. also when like that crouched and fully invisible he shouldnt be able to be spam spotted yep i agree on the clicking not only coming from one place most of these ideas sound cool. good to me

the pred should absolutely not be completely stealthed while jumping from tree to tree.

By more visible, I mean how he currently is. Currently pred is only fully invisible when standing still. The idea here, is to give pred more stealth in the trees, where he is most easily spotted.

No, The invinicibility is only during these stealth kills. Trophy kills will remain as is to punish pred for stupid trophying.

If pred is fully invis, while crouching, they wont even know he is there to spam spot.

He most certainly should. The main reason people bitch about playing pred is pred doesnt play like a pred. he doesnt stealth at all, hes the easiest thing to spot. Giving him more stealth in trees, then lowering his damage resists back down, from this bandaid patch, will solve the problem of pred not even being able to get close, while making it far easier for the fireteam to punish an overly aggressive pred up close.

edit,

keep in mind, pred still has to crouch walk the branches to keep fully invis. Which will slow him significantly, but also encourage proper stalking.

that sounds good because in the trees im spam spotted rendering all stealth useless because they can fucking see me. and they know exactly where to expect or find me lol. ah yeah makes sense i guess if he does run in like a zerg to punish him

Yes, and that includes the berzerker. He should be able to be punished too. as it stands he can take a trophy and walk away and still have at least 1/5 of his health at full punishment. he should only be a little more forgiving than hunter, and hunter more than scout.

yeah i dont zerg my way in never have with that weapon. ive been tempted though. because of this plasmacaster nerf bs. im trying to hold off on doing that but you know lol. ive been zerged my god its annoying. but i just put up with it. i know why the preds do it … lol.

Understandable. My overall goal with my rework guide is to get predator to play slower and methodical, to pick his fights, rather than bum rush the fireteam every chance he gets.

yeah i try to pick my fights. then bam spam spotted having to run off. it takes all the thing away or out of being precise or tactical. i want to be methodical. but this spam spot bs. takes away any practicality or methodicalness to where im like bollocks lol.

1 Like

It hasnt been happening to me much lately when I play pred, but ive fought nothing but brainded fireteams since 1.06 dropped

being “stealthy” should require the player to actually play as such. the reason why a lot of pred players are complaining is because a lot of them don’t even play smart to begin with. if you’re jumping from branch to branch while in direct line of sight of the ft, then you deserved to be seen.

lucky. ive had mostly semi decent teams well sort of. sometimes ive made mistakes but yeah lol. being in the trees isnt even viable with this spotting mechanic. if like you say the visibility changed it would be. of him being cloaked or the spotting mechanic toned down abit. or removed altogether lol

ok look. theirs a fine line on being seen. and then spam spotted too oblivion. which makes no sense at all considering that strips predator of his invisibility. i can see the pred running in the distance invisible no matter how far even on a cliff edge due to my view distance i see him standing their … lol. when i played ft. now that is some bollocks

Im sorry, but in most cases as a ft member, you can

1. hear pred

2. see pred when cloaked

3. hear pred even when cloaked and standing still

4. see pred from 400m away because pretty much every tree within that distance has line of sight

5. spot predator and see him through walls for 10+ seconds

6. snipe off preds biomask so he cant even track you, whilst you are mudded, and your sniper is surpressed.

Now the simple and stupid solution the devs pulled just to stabilize things quick before the game bleeds out, is buffing the fuck out of hunter and scouts damage resist. But this is not a solution. Its a tourniquet to stent the bleeding.

Reworking predators stealth will make it a lot funner for pred to stalk, and make it a lot scarier for FT when you hear his clicking echoing and spot him immediately, you wont know where he is. Just that hes there.

This plus the removal of the damage resist buff that they hastily band aided on to fix the situation, will significantly fix how pred is supposed to play, and how the fireteam is supposed to play, and in one single fell swoop, fix 90% of the problems with this game.

being able to stalk should require actual skill; you’re a predator. the predator. the ft being able to slightly see you is half the fun because it draws their attention away from their objectives, and if you play the pred properly, can lead them into traps that you’ve set. not only that, but them being able to hear you doesn’t pinpoint you, it only gives them a rough idea and/or general direction, and can be countered by using your sound decoy.

i agree that not every class should be able to spot(highlight) the pred, but being able to slightly see the pred while it’s cloaked adds to the tension and fun. besides, you’re completely invis when you’re crouched and stealthed. it’s not that difficult to wait for the ft to turn away before you move. a better solution would be to slow the ft’s movement down and change the pacing of the game in general.

1 Like

Haha no. Being able to stalk, shouldnt require even a decent fireteam to make your stalking absolutely worthless. When you have a literal cloak, its not about skill, its about how visible the game makes you depending on your actions. And right now, the cloak is worthless.

Decoys are very nice, I agree, but you are absolutely not going to do any stealthing without them, because as a ft member, with my shitty 20 dollar headset, I can still hear literally the exact branch, or building that predator is standing still on in most cases. Its far too precise, the sounds he makes, even if I dont see him.

Spotting isnt a problem for me, its the fact that pred is so easy to see in the first place, that the spotting can be abused on top of that.

And finally, Predators have literally sat and moved cloaked in front of people in the movies far too many times. Its only when you are within like rock throwing distance that you can make out the silhouette really. Also there are 4 people, and when they hear your damn clicking, they arent gonna turn away any time soon.

edit

Im not saying predator should be a no skill character to play. But im saying his skill should be more focused on how he uses his stealth, not in stealthing in general. The skill should be in the moments he chooses, the traps he sets, the mimicry he uses to bait the FT, stuff like that.