Cooling Syncs perk

From what I remember when Energy is Overloaded…it takes 12 secs to come back? Does Cooling Syncs perk cut it in half or just by a couple secs? This is the kinda stuff that kinda annoys me with the lack of details on some perks

Info from previous patch, but this perk i think working same

1 Like

Thanks dude appreciate that

Yes I agree, lack of details allows for “plausible deniability” down the road. Fortunately we have folks like Nova who are willing to put in the time to peel back the layers for us.

So basically you only get about 7 seconds extra cloak using these perks? Hardly seems worth it. Surely the cloak should last ages and only be drained by using energy weapons.

To be honest…Some of these numbers dont seem accurate to me…I jsut played a match and without any energy perks my over load charge was 12 secs I counted reasonably too i didnt rush…Im assuming its maybe 8 secs according to its cooldown supposedly(I was Berserker class testing it on btw)

Plus they addressed and patched the Jungle Hunters stats and all that

There are “perma stealth” builds out there. I think Hunter + Modified Reserves + Light Bender can more or less permanently stealth. In my opinion however, in practice there really is no need to have cloaking on all the time.
The stats Nova posted above for the 87 Hunter, know that this class had bugged energy consumption (in 1.05) and you should look at his numbers for the regular hunter for the current values (1.06). Those look about right.

Yea I believe Scout has the best energy sustainability out of them all(?) and can virtually have infinite stealth with Modified REserve, Energy Cells, and Lightbender perk combo…Plus you the Yaujta bow in ur setup and youll never really deplete it.

Scout’s bio mask does not draw enough energy to lower your reserves. In fact the draw is so low you still regenerate energy slowly even with the bio mask on.

I find that just using Modified Reserve on Scout allows for more than enough cloaking and fast enough regen to spam plasma when needed. If you are not moving around a lot as a Scout, you are not utilizing their great stamina. And cloak is not very useful when moving anyhow.

This also leaves the other two perk slots open for other things.

1 Like

Yes thats exactly what I was trying to recall, thats why I mentioned Scout even being the best class for Energy based strats.

Also in my opinion, Cooling Syncs only nets you about 2 seconds off of energy overload recovery for a Scout, so it is also not worth it. I feel the Scout’s baseline recovery is enough most of the time.

Yes good call…especially for being what…a 3 point cost perk? Not worth in my opinion even if your a Slam spammer

When you are moving out of sight or behind terrain and buildings you do not need Cloaking so this is where you toggle the Mask and Cloak off for a few seconds to recover your energy quickly with Modified Reserves and always “go in” fresh.

Oh for sure, I do that as often as i can before making a move 100% of the time…I use fearless and imprenatrable but lately as my 3rd perk ( i can use anything that 1 pt or 2pts with how much space I have left) and I cant make up my mind sometimes whether I want to use Light bender(since Im often cloaked a lot before ambushing or while healing or just tracking tbh) but then I also really like the idea of Modified Reserve because it not only applies to Cloak but Plasma CAnnon as well when I pop off some shots with that and itll increase the regen etc

and I prefer ideally using my 3rd perk in that towards a Energy based perk since I have melee and durability covered on the other 2 perks…

I use Modified Reserve, Impenetrable, and Long Jump. Long Jump is maybe not necessary with Scout, but man is it fun.

And I agree, Modified Reserves helps with all energy consumption and not just Mask or Cloak alone so gives superior performance.

Yea I meant that setup I use for Berserker…I want to start using Hunter more again, probably Down Ranged, Impentrable and Lightbender set up maybe with Bow and Net gun combo