Could the Cyberpunk genre Save Industry

As cyberpunk make some more available content for themselves, should we see more universal cyberpunk inspired stories from other companies?

Just my take, could this genre, and I’m not saying that its respective of the god father of Cyberpunk or those who contributed to the genre including Philip K. Dick or Mike Pondsmith, could this genre take off as being the next high level genre to hit the market of comics, video games,etc, as being the next big thing?

I mean think about it, the Aliens and Predator franchise both exist in it as a subgenre of the genre.
But it seems to me that the super hero genre had its day in the sun. I think if there is a time reminscent of the 70s era of cyber punk, there will be a prolonged stint maybe two decades of cyberpunk subgenres ready in the next decade.

I mean, superheroes came about in the 1930s with Action Comics#1, predating that were things on Radio shows like The Phantom and The Shadow.

Its 2022 and you can bet, people inthe 1920s were noodling this in their basement.
Just think what were doing inthe 2022s to 2023s? are we going to remake Superman in modern day when it was first conceived 100 years ago?

God no.
and if all other technology companies adopt this since technology plays a big part in speculation of what will ‘happen’ next, i think it will be and it will take off as fiction, or even hard fiction that will not be overtly fantastical, but more close to home Michael Chricton type fiction.

Some might argue that everything we dream of about the future its likely a type of cyber punkish world.

1 Like

2 Likes

You need sex with mass.

1 Like

Do you realize Cyberpunk was a tabletop RPG long before the shitty scam CDPR game?

We just had Bladerunner 2 if you’re just talking about gritty sci-fi surrounded by a desert wasteland. And Cyberpunk already has better sub-genres like Shadowrun, but that hasn’t made it into the normiesphere yet. They’re still just now discovering dungeons and dragons so give it another 20 years, like Dune.

At most all the aggressive marketing is going to do is make, let’s say assassin’s creed and lara croft publishers dump some portion of their budget into aggressive anime advertising to sell more DLC’s once they discover the correlation between GAMERS and ANIME.

But anyway I would take that over this current thing where they pay streamers to pretend to enjoy playing their shitty game. Instead just let Japan make weebshit.

i dont get you

1 Like

1 Like

I though the show was good

Finiess youd have to be 10 yr old or a little older to not give a fuck.Chances are likely you’re one of those salty tweens caught playing against @Samhain13 because you a salty boy so you want to insult anyone able to play PHG with any degree of skill.
I got you now by psychology.

It’s ok. I’m not a huge fan of Studio Trigger. I think MAPPA could’ve done it better.

Too many moments make you go “boy that sure is…some studio trigger animation” for lack of better word if you’ve seen Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagen, whatever that star wars anime was, etc already.
Rushed animation look.

Wow, you googled that faster than i could. You must have been one of those smarter children.

But you have no mentality of over. One sided brain only. Whats your perspective?

Seemingly post shit, like fact on fact, but no clue how to direct your post. You think you summon enough anger posts towards it, you think that it would likely do anything?
Well maybe it has, it involves a bunch of children who, like you, are ‘angry for nothing that we can account for’ (were speculating why you’re angry at it thats all).
It sounds like your every post like its bad rocks.Like its not cool or will never be cool at all. So you just shit on it. Is there a reason? are you some vlogger trying to get noticed but can’t strike a hook with your audience?

I got you by psychology brah.

You’ll get there one day Mass

You work for illfonic don’t you. No wonder you don’t post that much or often. And you seemingly want to lock discussions on some petty angry subject matter mainly directed towards studios who make entertainment.

There is some kind of phsychology shit with you Finess.

Maybe a failed Marketing executive? Or “wanna be” executive?

I wonder what you wrote for your password? Could I guess it?

Yep that’s it.

Make sure you catch up on Ghost in the Shell, Psycho-Pass, and GANTZ while you’re on your japanese cyber binge.