Could you help a lad?

Sup m8s, can anyone help me with this:

My PS4 “died” and I can’t fix it, so I plan to buy a new one, but here’s my question: Can I switch the stored data and keep my saves, or did I lost it all? And can a switch it to a Pro with this method, or must I first transfer using a console?

If you have PlayStation plus your saved data should be uploaded to the cloud so you can transfer it to your system storage.

1 Like

It’s automatic or should I do it manually? Because I know that there is a back up system, but I never knew before.

I think it does it automatically but you have to enable it. But it’s best to do it manually just to be sure. But are you able to turn on your “dead” PS4? If so there’s an easier way to transfer data.

I belive I did enabled this mechanic, but now I’m not so certain at the moment.

But is the “system storage” that HD located in the shining part of the PS4? Because my initial plan was to switch it to a new PS4. But I have found no answer to this possibility, only a online transfering of data.

Well I can but it turn off the following second, and the cause of this is one that can’t be fixed.

Yeah I’ve heard that something doesn’t quite work if you swap the harddrives over but I’m not sure how true it is. Have you tried getting that “secret” menu (the one where the PS4 has to be off and you hold the power button until it beeps twice) up on the PS4 or does it turn off with that too? If not then maybe you can rebuild the database and hopefully that’ll fix your PS4.

1 Like

Haven’t tried that, but I will see if the console respond.

I will try this, but the main problem in my PS4 is the processor, it prevents him from keep on, not sure if could help.

My main concern is online games data, I really don’t want to lost my progress in online games.

I’m pretty sure there’s an option on that menu that’ll let you transfer data through connecting both consoles with an ethernet cable. It’ll be easier than the cloud storage. But that’s if it doesn’t turn off on that menu. If it does then the best thing I can suggest is getting a new PS4 and downloading the data from the cloud. But hopefully you can avoid getting a new PS4 and fixing the one you have now

1 Like

Let’s hope that’s help, considering PS5 is right around the corner, I could buy a cheap PS4 just to fix my saves and data, and jump right into it.

But thanks for the help m8, I really appreciate it.

1 Like