Cyberpunk 2077 : Completed

Who here completed Cyber punk 2077? I just did, with enough acheivements to boot.
The whole game from start to finish came a long way, and really regardless if you chose Corpos, or street punk you’re in for a real stretch of upgrades that will only keep you advancing only one Attribute if you’re really that keen on upgrades. I’ve only been a Corpo and really only just finished 20 Lvl for Intellgience. Its a real long haul that the devs really made it a slow incline to get there.
The upgrade curve was slow and there are still challenges depending how you want to play this game.
ie, do you want to just be a cyber hacker? or a non-lethal killer? or do you want to go guns blazing and kill people in the game? There can be two ways to go about it.
I never once used the Cyber Blades or Swords but I could have, it just wasn’t how i wanted to play it.

I think there is life after the first run through considering that if you’re not into Walkthroughs every step of the way, you’re going to miss finishing or failing missions. I failed two major missions, which were the Mayor mission quest and failing to Save Takemura. There would have been additional content for these but failing them, i missed them entirely.

That said, another go around? I think it could happen in a few months. But not right now.

IMHO, this is a great step in narrative for science fiction. Something we haven’t seen for a long time and in this great depth. Not since Mass Effect.

Cyberpunk is a missing link, and going this route, i don’t think we would need Mass Effect or Star Trek until we get a further case of Cyberpunk coming down the pipe.In popular media, it could be a very expensive film, thats probably why we don’t see it common place.

The visuals are astounding and I still can’t get my head around how interesting it is just to walk around and take photos.
I definitely recommend playing this on a really powerful pc, but I played this on the PS Pro.
Visually it is great on this console, but the performance (ie, the popin,the loading, the general mis-steps in syncronizations don’t make it a great video capture game).
It won’t load perfectly, but it is still very much playable.

1 Like

I chose cyber hacker and with a single contagion ability I could clear entire complexes at the end then I used smart guns cause they were objectivly the best guns and I played on the hardest setting starting out I also got the end mission don’t fear the reaper and did that too with my ending being the “temperance” ending (the one with Johnny leaving by bus)
I would say the game itself is simply not what I wanted it’s sad that the original rpg game that was planned died when keanu was hired and the entire narrative was replaced for Johnny to be the main character though the writing was good whenever he was on screen it’s simply not what I wanted a linear open world game that had barely functionable combat

I would also say this game was no where close to the narrative achievement of mass effect at least not 1 or 2

3 Likes

I’m only judging this by what I’ve played previously that could be compared which is the likes of Mass Effect or RDR2. To me it fit the bill without be overly convoluted.
Combat wize, im ok with it being a blitz of (if you’re a cyberhacker) being both a puzzle and shooter at the same time. The more good you’re at hacking, the less it becomes a shooter. I almost avoided making loud noises at all. You can get away with immobilizing a gang with Synapse Burning and Shocking if you do it right. I mean you have to choose the right combat technique in the first place to avoid drawing attention. But you don’t have to. I think the melee options were there just to build an entire world for you. Choose your own adventure right?

I didn’t feel that the combat system was the point of the game. But more so the world building. If you can swallow everything at once, combat should not have been the main focus.

I didn’t see myself as a ninja cutting people up. This is do the narrative.

Are you serious about it not being close to Mass Effect?
I think you should open your horizons to what Cyberpunk already provides.
The entire architecture exceeds that of Cyberpunk. The details itself makes ME look like a 1/4 of a Cyberpunk prototype.
The new visual effects, the emmense amount of things you can carry and not carry, or consume or not consume. There is sex in this game, and its a choose your own romance scheme with that.

There is also this one small hack that I think if people miss it, could literally hinder their progress.
If you can’t score 20,000 Eddies through the hack, then you pretty much missed the build-in hack that nobody wants to talk about. Its literally built in to the game and if they haven’t patched it by now, its something you should be doing.

If you’re not the person to resort to online walkthroughs then this game isn’t for you. The only way to enjoy this game is to get to the end results as quick as possible. If you’re not willing to do that simply by just browsing online for tips and walkthroughs you’re missing out on the game in it’s entirety.
This game is a grinder for story bits, its not a fine tuned COD. far from that. If the future scene isn’t for you, or the esthetics and artistic direction makes you vomit, leaave the game. You can always play minecraft.

If you can’t do that, you’re literally a 15 year old or younger.

The voice acting:
Main male character lead: Not a big fan of his voice, his narrative almost sounded like he was reading a little too much. The only pro i found was that it sounded like a 70s detective serial which to me didn’t come off as sounding too bad. It worked for the role of having to be listened to over and over again.

Johnny Silverhand: awesome! I can’t get enough of Keanu’s role considering his star power.

All the other actors and actresses were amazing. They put alot of effect into their emotional delivery and were incredible!

Beat it as Corpo, honestly bugs aside I enjoyed the game however it’s not comparable to to Mass Effect. In ME at least the majority of your responses mattered as well as your starting class whereas on Cyberpunk they didn’t and your starting class had no real affect on your choices. Overall it was disappointing but I enjoyed it for what it was.

1 Like

Unfortunately doesn’t matter what you beat it as frens all the playthroughs are the same minus dialogue flair lol

Made No Man’s Sky marketing stunt look mild in comparison

1 Like

What is this cyberpunk you speak of?

A game that only those of us with powerful enough PCs can run on max settings.

A ton of fun if you can get by the loading in scenery if you go to fast and minor bugs.

I’ve enjoyed my different play through’s, even though the story is too linear for my tastes, it still has some nice high points and interesting characters.

So far I’ve played a female Corpo Netrunner, who doesn’t need guns. A Trans Nomad Techie, with a baseball bat and a ‘Beast‘ of a truck (got a cute trans flag on the tailgate). Right now I’m maxing a male Street Kid Solo (Sandivistan/bullet time) spec’ing into pistols and blades.
Looking forward to my next play through but hoping the March patch drops before I start, think I’m going to go for an unarmed non-lethal thief approach.

I can’t wait for updates that add content, for all the choice I still feel you end up leaning into the same cyber ware each time give or take a few pieces. It would be nice to have a greater variety to play with.

I had gotten it off of a friend on PS4 but the bugs that came with it made it very unenjoyable. It wasn’t that bad, really. It was just rendering issues, quests failing to load, assets invisible, etc. I’m sure if I play it on next gen I’ll have a much better time. I had a lot of fun as is, can’t wait to see what it offers when played on the appropriate platform.

Soundtrack is pretty feckin cool too

1 Like

The Sounttrack does present many cool tracks most people might find themselves searching online for, as i have.

1 Like

I tried to play on the pro , but didn’t get into it too much . I will maybe see down the line after alot more updates to see how it is

There is a visual comparison from Pro to PS5 and they are almost exactly similar visually asides from a few textures that are more higher in resolution (but its almost negligeble). the major factor for PS5 is that its FPS unlocked reaching a pretty nice frame rate. Where as PS4 Pro will reach 30fps but occasionally dips. DOnt even go down the base PS4 its just not worth playing games on . State of the art games shouldn’t be played on PS4base.

When I was stuck with a base ps4 I could play most single player player games no problem and even online , but the jump from ps4 to the pro was huge … before I would play ufc online and it would look almost blurry and lag , but on the pro its like a whole new game . I played cyberpunk on the pro but there have been at least two updates since with fixes . My son has a ps5 but he wasn’t interested in playing it 😁 , I didn’t buy the game though I rented it on disc from online just to see . I didn’t dare install it on the old ps4

I traded in my Airmiles points for Assasins creed Val and Cyberpunk and that was totally worth it! LOL i haven’t spent my miles in 20years and it was either buy games or two boxes of crayons! The selection for trading in airmiles is the biggest shit scam ever! OK, games are just circular pieces of plastic but the data gives months of pleasurable and engaging virtual reality. what gives?

20 years of air miles gets you two video games? 😁 sounds like a scam altogether

1 Like

or two boxes of crayons.

It would depend on the crayons 🤔

1 Like

wax crayons, the type you give kindergardens!

If the power goes out you can use the crayons though