Data Transfer from Ps4-5

I know how but they didn’t explain if I saved my stuff in the cloud and sign into my account on 5 will I still need the 4 physically?

Not for PHG or for most ps4 games. Some of the upgraded games require your save file to be converted to PS5. Like in No Mans Sky you load it up on PS4 and select the option from within the game to upload your save. Same thing for spiderman.

James Cameron was able to load straight into phg on the ps5 with no issues. Apart from lower quality sound due to the lack of an optical out. How did you all last this long with the sound quality over usb? Pigs sound ridiculously close and it’s full of other sound bugs.

1 Like

Ps5 doesn’t have optical output?!

What about digital downloads?

No unfortunately. My sound was amazing on optical. No super close pig sounds or any audio glitches at all actually. Now I’m on USB it’s super buggy and I can’t pick out sounds as easily. With my ps4 setup I could tell you which branch of which tree a pred was hiding on through sound alone.

Can’t see why that would make a difference. It’s the same game without a disc.

I have transferred the game saved I mentioned through the games themselves as the normal ps4 cloud saves won’t work unless you’re using the ps4 version of the game. If you for example upgrade to the ps5 version of no mans sky then your ps4 save won’t work unless you do it like I said.

Oh so I still need physical games with physical 4 console to transfer data to 5

Ps4 digital games will download and play although you may need to convert your save if they give a game a ps5 upgrade as I said above.

If your ps4 games are on disc then you will need those discs to play on ps5.

Oh ok but what about the 4 do I still need it physically

Nope. If you’ve uploaded all your saves then it’s not needed. Just bear in mind what I said about some games needing a save conversion which can only be done in the ps4 version of the game. So just make sure you do all that before you get rid of your ps4.

1 Like

Thanks man love your movies

1 Like

I’ve only played a few games on PS5 but predator I don’t think other than uploaded save data (user settings) so if you were to open up your game on PS5 and played an older session on PS4 and let’s say you updated/created another loadout on PS4. Unless you upload your cloud save you won’t have that updated loadout when you play on PS5. I think vt and stats remain automatically updated though.
When I play The Forest on PS5 and PS4 I have to constantly upload and download save data between the two consoles so I don’t lose my save data. I’m sure other games might work differently but I’m not sure.
Xbox has auto cloud so you literally have to do nothing for your data if you switch generations it’s all done automatically

So I should keep ps4 even though I saved on cloud?

If you play games on both still. Absolutely. But if you just play ps5 now. Just transfer all your save data from your PS4 in the cloud in one go and you should be fine

But do I still physically need a PS4 I heard some data can’t transfer?

You don’t need it. PHG for example just works. All my loadouts etc were all there. You’ll be fine.

1 Like

Thank you 🙏